Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Dj Ever

Originally posted by saynotodrama

PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS???? Where've YOU been? How about the past couple of years!

Tenaglia gets my vote!

ok he's REALLY been ripping shit up the past couple of weeks(a lot harder than usual), i've been to vinyl almost every fri the past 6 months:) :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vision

who said steven zhor???boris???OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

actually they aint so bad but dt at centro???would be chill fuckin nite...with phazons???like him n cox at twilo???fuckin a...

It was a joke:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just like: What is JP's best skill in spinning?

The road blocks of K

Originally posted by tempkid

This may sound stupid, but who is Larry Levin? Where did he spin or still spins, what years or does he still spin. What kind of music and some more info on him?

levan spun at paradise garage from the late 70's to late 80's...he basically pioneered and defined everything that we critique about a DJ...he set the standards to creating an environment, what a "set" entailed, which songs to play, and how to mix them....

tenag's might take what he learned from larry and bring it to the next level, but what he learned from larry couldnt have been learned anywhere else....

i think he was the first house DJ to visit japan...not sure, though ill get back to to you on that...i think he died in 92...and he played an early form of what he now know as HOUSE MUSIC...

hope this helps...

and remember...there are never stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions...so dont ever say your question is stupid; everyone has a right to be inquisitive...

Originally posted by highmay

gotta disagree with you on that...first off, tenaglia is a disciple of Larry's style; DT is a former Garage bitch...whether it was a battle, or a marathon set, Larry stood above all...the only comparison i can make to his smooth mixing is john digweed, but of course Larry was better...his sets sound like one continuous song, and my god did he drop some tracks back in the day...granted DT can make an atmosphere second to none, but Larry can manipulate you by just the mere music he plays...that takes talent, my friend...

obviously i've never heard levan b/c garage shut down when i was like 6, but to my knowledge, levan's mixing was actually not very good...

Originally posted by highmay

levan spun at paradise garage from the late 70's to late 80's...he basically pioneered and defined everything that we critique about a DJ...he set the standards to creating an environment, what a "set" entailed, which songs to play, and how to mix them....

tenag's might take what he learned from larry and bring it to the next level, but what he learned from larry couldnt have been learned anywhere else....

i think he was the first house DJ to visit japan...not sure, though ill get back to to you on that...i think he died in 92...and he played an early form of what he now know as HOUSE MUSIC...

hope this helps...

and remember...there are never stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions...so dont ever say your question is stupid; everyone has a right to be inquisitive...

Fucking Great to read that a few people on the board realy know what House is All about..

i give DJ Disciple alot of Credit also..he has still stuck with his roots..

Thanks Highmay!! excellent thread

Originally posted by PFloyd40

obviously i've never heard levan b/c garage shut down when i was like 6, but to my knowledge, levan's mixing was actually not very good...

there are a number of his sets in real audio....search and find them and youll see what im talkin about...levan's mixing is flawless, from the stuff i hear at least

DJ BOY WONDER IS THE BEST DJ THAT EVER WALKED THE FACE OF THE PLANET. YOU CAN REACH HIM FOR SOME OF HIS MUSIC AT djboyw0nder@aol.com, the o in wonder is a zero. HES MAD UNDERGROUND AND HE JUST DROPS IT.

next i think that victor calderone is one of the best dj's and then i like JP and then Vasquez. i like it all lol

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

• 3 weeks later...

I think Paul Van Dyk is a really good DJ., His mixing is generally spot on. He speaks inteligently about music and his creative skills., He hasn't exposed himself to the drug scene. Laslty, I plainly think he keeps it real. I've met him a couple of times and he seems to be a down to earth human being., Big respect!

-Marc Elias

I think to many people are talking out there ass when they haven't seen close to an tenth of the djs in the world. Out of who Ive seen.

Best Beat Matcher/mixer: Christopher Lawerence

Best Crowd Mover: Tiesto/DT

Best Sets/Time/Tracks: PVD

Best new Trance: Talla 2xlc

Performance: Oakey (Man is he fucked up up there) Funny to watch

I haven't seen Sasha or Digweed will tommorrow

Want to See Johan Gielen who I think has the most potential like Marco V.

Worst DJs

Scribble

Peters (Boring)

Draper/Boris (flat out sellouts that suck)

It's kinda hard to say who's the best DJ because one might excel at something that the other doesnt and vice versa. Also, everyone has their own style of music they prefer. So, if a certain DJ plays your style of course you are going to like him. Personally, I've heard PVD and S&D and prefer Tiesto's style of music much better. Also, I like Ferry Corsten's style I like a lot too. Maybe there are some people who would actually prefer Draper over any of those guys because he plays a totally different style of music that they might prefer over the trancier stuff that the others play. Tiesto is my favorite for his track selection and overall style of music and because almost every cd or set I hear from him has stuff I like. Other DJ's might have an occasional set that I like but it's not as consistent as his. However, as far as pure mixing skills go I will say that Tiesto dissapoints me with the length that he mixes the songs together for.