Clubplanet Nightlife Community

liquid

soundgasm

Originally posted by pod

Man alive Drew you can write! Color me impressed.

I didn't want to mention anything for confidentiality reasons...but I will vouch by saying what Drew said is true, I got a personal tour of the 'evidence' this past Saturday. I'm by no means a qualified sound engineer, I merely picked up what I know from friends of mine in the industry...but the overall quality of Liquid's 'production' did improve tenfold from opening night to the first Saturday.

Wednesday had horribly distorted sound, the lighting running off of a stock Elation controller one can find at Sam Ash, and various other issues. But the spirit was there, so I certainly gave the club a second go that Saturday.

Saturday had these problems licked overall. Due to the delays mentioned, the lighting was being run without programming on the fly, although from the installed LightJockey rig, but it was still much better. The sound was unmistakibly better. Even the horribly loud Avalons upstairs were leveled off to a comfortable volume.

Last night, Liquid was showing it's true strength. Sound was improved yet again, the lighting was way out there, perfect for some of my shots....

Funny you use the Ferarri analogy Drew, Ferarri will not let you drive an F-550 unless you've owned 2 previous Ferarris, and can prove you are a good driver and won't fuck it up :).

What Infinite did at Liquid is kinda underhanded and shifty...it's too bad their practices seem to be the norm around here.

First off Pod Infinite is doing nothing underhanded and shifty. I wasn't even supposed to deal with lighting until I was asked to. It seems that the LightJockey, that is so well programmed with all 4 cues, wasn't even in the club when the lighting crew was hanging the lighting fixtures. I even asked that the controller be there so I can give the crew the DMX addresses before they were installed in the rig. This way the person programming wouldn't have to deal with it. But since the LightJockey was customer provided and was supposed to be customer programmed, I didn't feel the need to constantly keep asking for the LightJockey.

Now about the "so-called" distorted sound system on opening night. What club were you in??? The only thing that was distorted was the person who claimed to be the "Production Coordinator" of Liquid. This person didn't even know who was supposed to pull wire to where, thus causing the Master Electrician to pull out all of the wires for the Liquid Nitrogen system on the night before opening. It seems that all of the contractors were on the same page but the "Production Coordinator" was no where to be found when these problems surfaced.

More on the lighting. To my understanding, the "Production Coordinator" was supposed to handle all programming and the LightJockey was supposed to be "READILY AVAILABLE" to the installers, along with all information requiring addressing. It seems that the "Production Coordinator" didn't have the proper information loaded into the computer thus causing a delay in hooking up the LightJockey to the lighting rig after all of the electrical was done to the lighting rig. I even took time to sit down with the "Production Coordinator" to help him with the missing information because he seems to be lost. Had I know he was having this trouble before the installation, I would have had a few people from Martin Professional, the company that makes the LightJockey, get me the proper information that was needed. But you're right about one thing, the lighting system looks good. It's just a shame that when I stopped by on Wednesday night, all I saw was 3-4 cues running over and over with there being a LIVE OPERATOR in the booth running it.

Back to sound. POD, for 3 weeks I personally tested the PA design that's in Liquid, in the Infinite showroom. I even went over all of the data that I recorded with the NEXO factory in France. The current system in Liquid wasn't the original spec. There were a few things added. I have been using and testing NEXO audio system for 2 years now. In fact, I was the first person to bring a NEXO rig to South Florida, ULTRA 2000, March 2000. I've had more contact with the main NEXO users in the UK and Europe than anyone in the United States. I've used NEXO Alpha systems in arenas, outdoor shows, indoor athletic facilities, nightclubs, hotel ballrooms etc....... When it comes to NEXO audio systems I know for a fact that I know what I'm talking about.

In closing I'd like to say that I just hope that more people show up to Liquid. It's quite a shame that a new nightclub has only 200 people at it's grand opening and 50 on it's opening weekday parties. Keep in mind that the owners of Liquid are great and have been very helpful through the installation process of their

lighting and audio systems.

Also I'd like to give you a little leson on what a real Production Coodinator is all about. A Production Coordinator is supposed to know every facet of production whether is lighting, sound, video, lasers or wherever it applies to the certain project. Quite honestly I've been hired to manage and design a few projects in the "Production Coodinator" role. I think of a nightclub as one stage. Most project that I manage are 5-7 stages. When given the role of Production Coordinator, that means that you are responsible for EVERYTHING that has to do with Production. The Production Coordinator has to make sure that everything is 100% CLEAR to all contractors or vendors for any given project. This was a major problem in the installation of the Liquid nightclub. Did it have to do with inexperienced contractors?? Not at all. In fact, Infinite Audio has worked with the contractors that built Liquid on several other projects and will be working with the same crew on future projects.

The bottom line is this. Drew can come on this messageboard and say whatever the fuck he wants to say. All I know is I really tried to help the guy do something that I wasn't even supposed to be bothered with. That's the lighting. He showed how unprofessional and inconsiderate he was by raising his voice to me, when in fact I did everything I could to help him. So my message to Drew "Mr.Production Coordinator" is next time if the project is a little to big for you, then step aside and let the pros handle it.

PS. You're welcome to call NEXO USA and ask them what I've done for their product.

I don't know any of you and from an outside prospective it would seem this war would be better waged on the battle field.But,Since it would seem to be a war of words then intelligence would reign supreme and by far it would seem the hands of victory swing towards drew and pod.Mr. Terry,If you are going to come to an arena for a gun fight leave the knives at home you nitwit.My advice,surrender now before these to take you to the gallows.

Originally posted by soundgasm

I don't know any of you and from an outside prospective it would seem this war would be better waged on the battle field.But,Since it would seem to be a war of words then intelligence would reign supreme and by far it would seem the hands of victory swing towards drew and pod.Mr. Terry,If you are going to come to an arena for a gun fight leave the knives at home you nitwit.My advice,surrender now before these to take you to the gallows.

It has nothing to do with a war of words. I'm merely clarifying the situation and telling it like it is. Infinite Audio is a licensed contractor that happens to be cleaning up alot of bullshit installations on South Beach. I myself have been doing production and installations for 13 years. I've forgotten more installations and events than Drew has even dreamed of doing. I don't have to prove anything to him or anyone of his caliber. The fact remains that Infinite Audio and myself know what we are doing and we have every manufacturer that we represent to back us up on it.

If you think I'm talking shit then keep your eyes open for what's to come in the Miami club scene. You ain't seen or heard shit yet!!!!

Terry, Terry, Terry nobody here can question your proficiency at handling the awesome responsibility of production coordinator especially when your list of credits include every candy rave since 1997 and of course lets not forget the halftime shows at the ice arena.

Let me make myself clear since your still don't get it.

My role in this relationship Terry is as customer, not as your peer or even co-installer.

My computer, that you claim was not ready for install sat in the front office waiting to be used per Lords completion. I would also like to add, the light-jockey computer was built and tested two days prior to opening and was inspected by several other employees simply because they were interested in the technology.

You can keep lying if you like, but unfortunately for you and Lord there were plenty of witnesses to your blunders on this job. If you think that blowing a smoke screen of slander my way will cover up your inadequacies, guess again. To many professionals on this job walked away with foul tastes in there mouths from Infinite Designs and you. Rest assured. All of your future business dealings will be affected by your performance these past few weeks. Your flagrant disregard for me (the customer) and every other contractor on this site has been duly noted by all of us. Believe me when I tell you that when the time comes for any of us to make a recommendation for service it will not float your or Infinites way.

In conclusion all I can say Terry is that obviously you and Lords list of accomplishments can not be so illustrious because simply put “if you’ve worked for the best then your work reflects it”. First order of business is customer service and satisfaction. There are many courses offered at U of M, FIU, and FAU on this subject. I believe it would be time and money well spent on both of your behalves.

Again. Good Luck,

Drew Bongiorno

If you are a nightclub owner or end user interested in Nexo sound or Elation Lighting, please contact me:

Drew Bongiorno @ Liquid Nightclub 305.531.9411

and I will send you to a qualified reputable retailer that can service you properly.

Originally posted by drewbongiorno

Terry, Terry, Terry nobody here can question your proficiency at handling the awesome responsibility of production coordinator especially when your list of credits include every candy rave since 1997 and of course lets not forget the halftime shows at the ice arena.

Let me make myself clear since your still don't get it.

My role in this relationship Terry is as customer, not as your peer or even co-installer.

My computer, that you claim was not ready for install sat in the front office waiting to be used per Lords completion. I would also like to add, the light-jockey computer was built and tested two days prior to opening and was inspected by several other employees simply because they were interested in the technology.

You can keep lying if you like, but unfortunately for you and Lord there were plenty of witnesses to your blunders on this job. If you think that blowing a smoke screen of slander my way will cover up your inadequacies, guess again. To many professionals on this job walked away with foul tastes in there mouths from Infinite Designs and you. Rest assured. All of your future business dealings will be affected by your performance these past few weeks. Your flagrant disregard for me (the customer) and every other contractor on this site has been duly noted by all of us. Believe me when I tell you that when the time comes for any of us to make a recommendation for service it will not float your or Infinites way.

In conclusion all I can say Terry is that obviously you and Lords list of accomplishments can not be so illustrious because simply put “if you’ve worked for the best then your work reflects it”. First order of business is customer service and satisfaction. There are many courses offered at U of M, FIU, and FAU on this subject. I believe it would be time and money well spent on both of your behalves.

Again. Good Luck,

Drew Bongiorno

Maybe it was my hearing when I asked you where the LighJockey controller was and you said, "it isn't here." The day the lighting fixtures went up, remember Drew??? Also your claim about other contractors having a bad taste in their mouth about myself and Infinite is insane. As a matter of fact, I've seen several of the contractors after the the installation because I was talking about other projects with them.

Don't try to fool anyone Drew. You came to me with the problem that you couldn't figure out the fixture profiles for the LightJockey, or did you forget about that too?? In fact, I did everything that I could to help you with the lighting controller situation. If you had problems before the installation, you could've called me at Infinite to resolve these problems. Nevertheless, you took the route of throwing the "Production Coordinator" thing in my face. Quite honestly I was dealing directly with the owners of the club when questions were asked about certain things. There were several mistakes in PRODUCTION PREPERATION that could have been avoided. These mistakes made the time issue a factor with the installation of the lighting. Were these things my fault? No. It's up to the PRODUCTION COORDINATOR to know which contractors need what to accomplish they're jobs. On several occasions you weren't even available to make certain decisions so they were made by someone else because of the time issue to pass inspections, thus making sure the club would be open in time.

You can sit here and try to fool everyone if you want Drew. All I know is I voiced my concerns to the owners of the club and I haven't heard any of these "so-called" complaints. Make no mistake, the installation could've gone alot smoother had you taken the time to prepare what you were supposed to handle. This has nothing to do with you personally Drew, but when you jumped in my face and starting yacking about PRODUCTION COORDINATOR bullshit, I got pissed. And I had every right to be pissed. You're supposed to be the HOT SHOT lighting designer. Why did you drop the ball?? Had I not made several crucial decisions on several mistakes, the club wouldn't have passed the fire inspection the next day.

Say what you will and do what you must Drew. I'm just telling the real story on what happenned.

who really cares.....this isn't the place for banter like this...not on a public forum...the club is up, running, and sounding pretty decent for being open for only a week...sure a few tweaks here and there will perfect the machine but its pretty tight at the minute....banter like this should be private...lets use this board for good things and positive press.....anyways - great job to kris and drew at liquid...great job so far

Originally posted by jcbliss

who really cares.....this isn't the place for banter like this...not on a public forum...the club is up, running, and sounding pretty decent for being open for only a week...sure a few tweaks here and there will perfect the machine but its pretty tight at the minute....banter like this should be private...lets use this board for good things and positive press.....anyways - great job to kris and drew at liquid...great job so far

You're absolutely right. My apologies to the board. I just had to vent. Good luck to the owners of Liquid.

It would seem to the by-stander that if an employee was to be as big a goof as you claim Drew to have been,It would only stand to reason to such a by-stander that the goof would have been rapidly dismembered and left for shark bait.It seems for certain to this by-stander that the forces to be have complete and utter confidence in Drew and his ability's.Unless I miss my mark here,Let's see,Drew has his own night dedicated to whatever he want's to do(Thursday Night)and opens on Saturday Night as DJ as well,Not to mention has full control of music content and lighting at the club.Yeah,your right Terry,I can see your point now.

Originally posted by soundgasm

It would seem to the by-stander that if an employee was to be as big a goof as you claim Drew to have been,It would only stand to reason to such a by-stander that the goof would have been rapidly dismembered and left for shark bait.It seems for certain to this by-stander that the forces to be have complete and utter confidence in Drew and his ability's.Unless I miss my mark here,Let's see,Drew has his own night dedicated to whatever he want's to do(Thursday Night)and opens on Saturday Night as DJ as well,Not to mention has full control of music content and lighting at the club.Yeah,your right Terry,I can see your point now.

I never said anyone was a goof. I merely stated what really happenned. Also, it's not very hard to get your own night at any club in South Florida. Hey good luck to Drew and Liquid. I wish them much success.

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

I just want to make sure you got the accurate story about the lighting. It seems that someone was very unprepared with the original lighting controller when the installation crew put up the fixtures. I was there for the opening and 3 days before and things would have run alot smoother if a certain person didn't drop the ball. Otherwise, the installation went rather smoothly.

I don't know the particulars of this disagreement but as someone from the outside I can tell you that festivalcre8or is coming off as arrogant and condescending. You should've kept this qoute to yourself or pm'd "someone" about this as opposed to defacing their reputation on a public messageboard. That is in very bad taste in my book and not very professional. Nothing personal Festivalcre8or, I'm not trying to start drama here but I just want you to know how your coming across to someone from the outside.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I don't know the particulars of this disagreement but as someone from the outside I can tell you that festivalcre8or is coming off as arrogant and condescending. You should've kept this qoute to yourself or pm'd "someone" about this as opposed to defacing their reputation on a public messageboard. That is in very bad taste in my book and not very professional. Nothing personal Festivalcre8or, I'm not trying to start drama here but I just want you to know how your coming across to someone from the outside.

professionalism is a virtue

Originally posted by aztec-mystic

Although I am partial to Richard Longs classic installs (Club Z,Paradise Garage,early 90s Sound Factory,The original MOS) I think you guys should not take this so personaly cause this place will more than likely be history by May 2002, at the latest.

PEACE .;)

Looking at most of the new systems that are out there now, those classic installs by Richard Long are considered old technology. The speakers and amplifires that we use today are far superior and are alot smaller and lighter. The old RLA technology was good for the Deep House and Disco of yesterday but the music that is made nowadays just eats those systems alive. At Cyberfest 2000 in Melbourne, Florida we were able to achieve SPL's of 130 at the peak of Prism and Eclipe's Breaks set and the PA wasn't even breathing hard. There were reports of feeling the bass 5 miles away and we never even made the VU meters on the console move.

I have no comment on you last statement.

Louder doesn't necessarily mean better, though I can respect shaking someone's windows 5 miles distant :)...oh and deep house properly produced can eat a substandard system alive too..

hehe those drum n bass kids are gonna be deaf by the time they're old enough to drink.