Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Discrimination at Soundfactory: A Shame

The past two Saturdays, me and my bud tried to get into Soundfactory. This big black dude said, "Private party. Come back at 5." Private party? What a big fat lie. This is the second week we got rejected. Then, these white folks just went inside. Amazing. I'm Asian. This ever happen to any other folks? I'm starting to really dislike those door people.... What a bunch of f*ckin a's.

This isn't the first time I've heard them do this.... Someone i Know told me that they went and couldn't get in because he was black and had cornrows. I f this is the case thats definitely f'ed up but theres nothin really you can do.. Just let the ignorant assholes be ignorant assholes...

Yeah it's a big problem, but you can't do anything about it. Trust me, when I was promoting for Twilo, the people I would bring under my list would get kicked off left and right and I'm not talking 40-50 kids, I'm talking over 500 kids which were asian. I remember fernando and sharon we're very strict, It's a problem you'll have everywhere. In U.K supposely being the door man is one of the most dangerous jobs. lol

I mean, at one point I was promoting and going to twilo everyweek and on my anniversary (with my girl) for paul van dyk, we we're picked out of the crowd because I was holding on to my girl's belly glowstick ring and they kicked us out of the club. Not to mention, I was only SCREAMING out that "I was helping mike bendra promote for his damn club." but it's all good. I've learned how shady some security and clubs work. Go to Limelight, You don't have to worry about shit. Listen to Trancend. :) He knows what I'm talking about. I still think Twilo was the shit, while the fun lasted. I miss those Phazons, lights & vibe. Anyways lates. PLUR!

speaking of meat heads ..exit has them too. Exit has a lot of asians but half of those asians are losers who try and force dance their way into ppl who resemble something female. I'm asian ..I've been to Exit twice and each time my friends have had to slap some silly ass asian boy for being a total dork.

Goto Vinyl where its not about the scene or being what people think is cool ..but the music. That's whats its all about. Dance till you drop and have fun. Screw the meatheads, screw the pretension ..show up in beat up jeans and a worn t- shirt and its all good.

i have never had a problem at FACTORY....and having a problem with TWILO ...i was unaware that those words went together, i used to go there wearing and doing whatever the hell i want, but hey people say that u cant wear jeans to FACTORY and yet i wear jeans every time i go there......maybe im just lucky!

I'm Asian (Filipino) and never had any problems in the years that I've been going with door at Factory. I've gotta be honest and ask how you kids were dressed, and how you were acting at the door. For Paris, it's all about attitude.

Does that excuse the fact that I always seem to be freshly groomed with a new outfit anytime I go? No, but as far as the Factory goes, everyone else is pretty; so if you want to "land the interview, dress for success.":idea:

Originally posted by aznproduxtc

factory's for those big white juiceheads that touch themselves when they dance, and those shemales the juiceheads try to hit on. forget factory. it sux. jp sucks. go to limelight or exit..somewhere where the asian population dominates

Holy shot that is so true lmao:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

im korean. and i had troubles getting in Au Bar and other 'exclusive' clubs. i was mad first but i am not too worried about it. we koreans discriminate against other races quite often so i understand.. what comes on goes around. The funny thing is this is New York City. and many of you who consider youself whites here are not white when you goto the South or Midwest etc.

Trueqwest wrote:

Does that excuse the fact that I always seem to be freshly groomed with a new outfit anytime I go? No, but as far as the Factory goes, everyone else is pretty; so if you want to "land the interview, dress for success."

Again, i have to say this...SF is not shouldnt be seen as exclusive as some of the ppl might want to think.

And,

NO, you do not have to dress too elegant to get into factory. Just because you have a new outfit everytime you go out, doesnt mean that SF doesnt discriminate at the door against non-whites. Ive seen plenty of *white* kids in jeans and sneakers and all sorts of crap getting in w/o any problems.

Rad_

Originally posted by aznproduxtc

factory's for those big white juiceheads that touch themselves when they dance, and those shemales the juiceheads try to hit on. forget factory. it sux. jp sucks. go to limelight or exit..somewhere where the asian population dominates

HAHAHAHAHA, you are so stupid. Oh no, there are NO juiceheads at Exit! At least Sound Factory has girls, everytime Ive been to Exit there is a 50:1 Guy to girl ratio. Yeah Jonathan Peters does suck, especially if you have never TONY DRAPER. Go to Exit where you can hear the best Dj every friday spinning the NEWEST and hottest tracks. You are such a joke. And the Asian population might dominate at Exit, but the Asians are singled out as a whole by every security gaurd and treated worse than anyone else. Save the drama. Yeah that sucks that you didnt get into Factory, but at the same time there are plenty of white kids that get rejected at the door. Dont claim racial discrimination because you couldnt get in, maybe you looked like shit and they didnt want you there.

well the thing with exit is that they finally realized that the Asian community is a large part of the clubbers that are there... they cut deals with a lot of the Asian "gang leaders" and stuff... cuz if "the leader" ( :laugh: ) say no more go... then 30% of the people disappear from that club... money's GREEN, no matter what color the person who hands it to you is... takes a little while for some "businesses" to realize that....

Originally posted by greedypete

HAHAHAHAHA, you are so stupid. Oh no, there are NO juiceheads at Exit! At least Sound Factory has girls, everytime Ive been to Exit there is a 50:1 Guy to girl ratio. Yeah Jonathan Peters does suck, especially if you have never TONY DRAPER. Go to Exit where you can hear the best Dj every friday spinning the NEWEST and hottest tracks. You are such a joke. And the Asian population might dominate at Exit, but the Asians are singled out as a whole by every security gaurd and treated worse than anyone else. Save the drama. Yeah that sucks that you didnt get into Factory, but at the same time there are plenty of white kids that get rejected at the door. Dont claim racial discrimination because you couldnt get in, maybe you looked like shit and they didnt want you there.

must be why EXIT made the asian corner BIGGER...

SF has some NASSSSSSSSSssssssssssssty loooking people

roids used by both male AND female

I was at Factory this weekend, and yes I have been rejected in the past, but one thing I do know, every single time I have been in SF on a Saturday for JP has been good. There has never been a club that I have gone to that I have to drag my self out of, it (the music) just gets better and better as the night goes on.

If you are not a regular, if you are not with a girl or if you are with a bunch of guys you, or a slob you will not get in, plain and simple. SF is much easier to get into then before the reneoveations......Don't hate on a place if you can't get in.....once you are in then you have the right to state your opinion..

Just remember that SF saturdays is as of now the longest saturday night party going in NYC......like about 5 + years with the Same DJ.... that's gotta tell you something....

And another thing.....does anyone ever see any flyiers or promotions for the club on any given regular saturday...only for holdidays and special occasions, and sill the club is always packed.

Nuff said :cool:

Originally posted by ggfella4

someone posted the same shit about exit a while back.... im assuming that exit doesnt do that no more since i dont hear anyone complain...but i have never seen anyone get turned away at limelight.

peace out

gianni

word

exit (earth) kicked all asians off the lines the first saturday it reopened. if you were asian and got in, you either went at 11pm or stood outside till 3am.

all the other asians who tried to go to sf that nite were told there was a private party.

private party my ass! sf never has private parties.

it shouldnt matter what the color of someones skin is. the only thing that matters is that the money is green!:letsgo: