Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Level Renovations and New Resident DJ

DaVe

Received by Clubplanet.com today:

----------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release

The New and Improved Level Nightclub to Premiere in November

After an impressive two year run as one of the most innovative and successful nightclubs in South Beach history, Level is taking some time off for a face-lift. In the early part of November the club will undergo a complete renovation. From floor to ceiling Level's three rooms will become distinct nightclub environments; each with a unique personality, color palate, and hand crafted white leather furniture. The stage on the main floor will be doubled in size to be both a two floor VIP area and a fully operational working performance area. A space that can dynamically offer a grand main room and two smaller intimate lounges in one, Level will once again redefine the nightclub standard.

The highest levels of attention are being paid to creating some of the most comfortable and luxurious VIP areas in the country. The main room will have a private room with it's own bar service to provide a secluded getaway in the middle of a high-energy dance party. A lounge will also be available for everyone to be able to enjoy a drink and take a rest from the dance floor. A separate entrance at 1234 Washington Avenue will be exclusively available for table reservations, goldcard holders, and local VIP's ensuring quick and painless entry into the club.

Level will now feature the following weekly line-up:

Monday's: Little Leroy's Lyrical Lounge, the hottest hip-hop night on South Beach

Thursday's: Level hosts major runway shows from around the world featuring some of the hottest international fashion designers.

Friday's: Academy- The Friday Night Adventure, a multicolored rush of diversity and over the top theme parties ranging from nights in Studio 54 and the Moulin Rogue to Astrological blowouts. A private entrance for the gay community will be at the corner of 13th Street and Collins Avenue.

Saturday's: Propaganda, Resident DJ George Acosta orchestrates the soundtrack for this voyage into a weekly dance universe.

Level will now feature an all-new color scheme featuring soft pastels and soothing blue tones, a new EAW sound system, fresh carpeting, all new furniture, VIP rooms with private bars, and a brand new dance floor.

The new Level premieres on Saturday, November 10th, 2001. New resident DJ George Acosta (see below) will play the main room with local talents in the Lounge and Boiler Rooms. Doors open at 10pm. Private Press Preview begins at 9pm.

The New Level's New Saturday Night Resident DJ

November 1st, 2001- Miami's George Acosta is no stranger to the spotlight. After a spectacular three year residency at the nocturnal dance mecca Shadow Lounge, he has gained international recognition as one of the world's premiere trance DJ's and producers. His melodic mix of soaring vocals, orchestral strings, dizzying highs, and stark thumping bass lines create his signature sound and makes him a top flight DJ in the hottest clubs and largest music festivals in the world. Acosta has also released three successful trance compilations; Awake (Ultra Records), Release AM (Ultra Records), Release PM (Ultra Records).

Acosta has now decided on Level Nightclub to continue his Saturday night musical tour de force.With a new EAW Avalon sound system and one of the most advanced light and laser systems in the country Level has undergone a complete renovation. Previously playing limited engagements at the club, crowds in upwards of 3,000 turned out to experience the unique journey George Acosta is famous for.

Beginning November 10th, 2001 Acosta will headline Propaganda, Level's new out of this world Saturday night experience. When away from his bi-monthly residency a roster of internationally recognized trance and electronic DJ's will fill in keeping the high standard of music quality year round. Currently voted the 7th most popular DJ in the world, George Acosta is poised to reclaim his title as Miami's most acclaimed native vinyl jockey.

Originally posted by cro

I guess Goerge is not well liked down there>>>>

I was actually hoping to catch him spin for a bit, but that way you guys talk about him make me wonder is it really worth it?????:confused:

Everyone bashes him but there's no denying the guy has some skills! If your into German Trance I'm sure you'll have a good time. Level is a nice club.

I like trance, just not the style George throws down. Padilla used to be OK in my book but then he got too harsh...bangin trance is good but not for the entire set! :)

I usually go for the more melodic like Tiësto, or Chicane..

"electronic music is all about dancing of course- but politics? Well, there's politics in electronic music- dance music, whatever you like to call it- just as there is any other walk of life. but to me, despite all the diffrent tastes Dj's have, at the end of the day, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC THAT WE LOVE, about good dj's playing with a passion." paul van dyk

why must we bash trance?? why cant we just accept electronic music as a whole, whether its trance or house, breaks or drum n' bass. one thing is not liking a type of music, another is bashing it.

its not trance vs. progressive house, jungle vs. breaks, its all about one sound. peace....

Originally posted by x-t-c

[b}why must we bash trance?? why cant we just accept electronic music as a whole, whether its trance or house, breaks or drum n' bass. one thing is not liking a type of music, another is bashing it.

its not trance vs. progressive house, jungle vs. breaks, its all about one sound. peace....

Tru

German Trance is alright in my book.....I don't like to critizes any type of dance music. I can tolerate any type of it as long as it get's me moving. I have my preferances, but as I may have said once before....I love to experience new artists....no matter how good a CD is, there is no way to really appreciate an artist without seeing them live.......

I'l stop by Level to check it out. Never been there so all is good....no one said I have to stay there.......

Definately going to see Rasoul at Billboard as welll......

Should be a fun filled weekend......

Hope to meet some of you guys out there.....

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by x-t-c

"electronic music is all about dancing of course- but politics? Well, there's politics in electronic music- dance music, whatever you like to call it- just as there is any other walk of life. but to me, despite all the diffrent tastes Dj's have, at the end of the day, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC THAT WE LOVE, about good dj's playing with a passion." paul van dyk

why must we bash trance?? why cant we just accept electronic music as a whole, whether its trance or house, breaks or drum n' bass. one thing is not liking a type of music, another is bashing it.

very well stated. I couldn’t agree with you more..