miamijosh

Rapture by iio (lyrics)

Glad I laid my eyes on you.

Helped everything around me move.

Got nervous when you looked my way.

But you knew all the words to say.

Then your love slowly moved right in.

All the time, oh my love where ya been.

Mi amore horny don't you know, my love I want you so.

Sugar you make myself complete, rapture tastes so sweet.

I'm mesmerized in every way.

You keep me in a state of daze.

Your kisses make my skin feel weak.

Always melting in your heat.

Then I soar like a bird in the wind.

Oh, I glide as I'm flying thru heaven

rapture

check out the video (above)

peace

mj

Yeah and now , every freakin DJ set that I download or every DJ that I go see plays that stupid song!!!!!!!!!!

I liked it the first 10 times I heard it, but comeon..................

what's next? Power 96????

PS:That's like OscarG playing Revolution 4 times last saturday.....what's up with that?

why do the DJ's burn up songs like that?

Originally posted by malandrisimo

Yeah and now , every freakin DJ set that I download or every DJ that I go see plays that stupid song!!!!!!!!!!

PS:That's like OscarG playing Revolution 4 times last saturday.....what's up with that?

Imo there is nothing wrong, with a song becoming, an anthem. in the end, if it makes people dance, and feel good. that's really, all that matters. I agree hearing a track, four times in an evening, could be a bit annoying.

Originally posted by sobeton

Imo there is nothing wrong, with a song becoming, an anthem. in the end, if it makes people dance, and feel good. that's really, all that matters. I agree hearing a track, four times in an evening, could be a bit annoying.

Plus you can never know for sure.....when I was in london this summer.....I was convinced that by the time I got back to the states every radio station would be playing "another chance" by roger sanchez.....that track got a lot of play in the clubs but it never broke the mainstream like in the UK.

that "another chance" is a very catchy, feel good tune......I love it! i also admit, I'm still a sucker for Spiller-Groovejet. LOL rapture sounds like something that would get play on Power 96, though.........but then again I thought BT-Mercury & Solace would find its way on Power 96 but it never did.

howdy every1, well i just got back to philly from yet another long weekend in miami. I have now added (from the weekend) 3 new mixes of rapture and the deepdish (which NoW used to be #1) has been replaced by a new compilation (which I got on a disk from ivanno) and coincindently that very same compilation I heard ar at Oakenfold Show tonight right when seb fontaine went off and oakey' went on. It's an extended version, and you know it because there is added lyrics which are not present on the original single release. Try to check it out. It's bitchin'.

peace (as always)

mj:shades2: :beatnik: :cool::smoke:

By the way , when seb fontaine played rapture tonite in philly right as Oakenfold came on (I of course was going crazy) but the reaction in the main room was nobody ever heard it before (you can tell by the looks on their faces) However before the song was over the whole place was in pandomonium.

peace and love

mj

Originally posted by malandrisimo

You have to listen a little more closely Mr. Malandrismo.

In reality what I play is a sample of a small piece of the vocal from "Revoluton". I use a delay effect on it and layer it over several different songs over the course of my 10 hour set. As a matter of fact I have'nt played the actual Revolution record in a few months.(not that I have anything against playing older stuff)

Did you know that I was the first DJ to play the "Revolution" in Miami? Being that I am Twisted Record's top selling artist of all time, and Tom Stephan(Superchumbo) is a personal friend of mine , I was lucky enough to get an acetate of the song months before it was released. Maybe I should'nt play stuff so far in advance because then people become spoiled and don't want to hear it anymore by the time it comes out.

IT AIN'T EASY BEING CHEESY!!!

OSCAR G.

(WOW! that was a very (out of character) cocky post for me)

BTW: I still love "Rapture" it's a future classic!!!!

:D

Originally posted by djoscarg

In reality what I play is a sample of a small piece of the vocal from "Revoluton". I use a delay effect on it and layer it over several different songs over the course of my 10 hour set. As a matter of fact I have'nt played the actual Revolution record in a few months.(not that I have anything against playing older stuff)

Did you know that I was the first DJ to play the "Revolution" in Miami? Being that I am Twisted Record's top selling artist of all time, and Tom Stephan(Superchumbo) is a personal friend of mine , I was lucky enough to get an acetate of the song months before it was released. Maybe I should'nt play stuff so far in advance because then people become spoiled and don't want to hear it anymore by the time it comes out.

OSCAR G.

Hey, Revolution is a great song, Superchumbo put out alot of great stuff this year, definetely Revolution is one of my favorites of the year, I also like Stereo alot. Just $0.02

By the way cant wait to check you out soon Oscar, take care, happy t-day!!

-mikey.d

Originally posted by djoscarg

OSCAR G.

OSCAR!- OSCAR!- OSCAR!- OSCAR!- OSCAR!- OSCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GO BOY! YOU'RE THE MAN!