Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space At Level

spacious

Originally posted by spacious

Is Level copying Space? At first it was the sound system. In a failed attempt to sound like Space, Level went and bought the exact same Avalon sound system as Space. That didn't work! Now they are doing the various rooms and music concept. Coming up next will be the liquid nitrogen and train horns. Level will continue their never-ending quest to mimic Space. But wait! What about the music and DJs? Sorry Noah, some things you cannot imitate. Not one respected DJ in the world has or will ever step foot in that two horse saloon.

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Play nice.. :)

A nitrogren fog system would be impractical at Level. The cieling is too high up, and by the time the fog got to people-level, it would have dissipated too much. Forget about bringing pipes way down, too...it's a bitch..

But Spacious does have a point, Space renovated, then Level decided to do so...

Heres my input on the whole level Shabang ........I know Gerry Kelly Since he was at Bash....i am shocked that he has gotten George Acosta as his resident DJ and that Level has soo many Hip HOp Nights.

When Kelly was at Shadow Lounge he pretty much left Because he didnt wanna be part of that GA trance thing and wanted fashion style club.

I cannot repeat the things he said about hip hop and its crowd in front of me. Now he has Hip Hop conventions every week and trouble that follows.

I guess people change or SELL OUT either one.

as for Level copying Space.....

didnt Space kinda copy existing clubs back then when it opened....

RED ROOM - Chaos

Blue room - Shadow lOunge

Pation --- Bash

Hip Hop ROOm ---Liquid

what goes around comes around ...

besides the talent at Space is top Notch .....Cant wait to see DJ Dan

:rolleyes:

I personally love the layout at Level, loved it when it was Glam Slam too, as for djs, watch it, you may not like them but I could swere some great "name" jocks played there, JR Vasquez and Grammy award winner Hex Hector to name two. The only thing I personally don't like about Space is the low ceiling. Level's high ceiling is great, I am anxious to see the renovations and hope they took more advantage of that ceiling with the lights. As for somone not liking hip hop and then going with hip hop nights, business is business, you gotta pay the bills.

Peace, Love and House Music All Night Long.

Originally posted by thepulse

... The only thing I personally don't like about Space is the low ceiling...

I swore never to post on these club bashing threads again but I have to agree with thepulse on his comment about the low ceiling. It's the only venue that I leave with red teary eyes every time. The ceiling is so low that the smoke just builds up around you in there.

NoLimit> Always taking the argument up a notch ... ;):tongue::)

Originally posted by phrankadelic

so clubs copy off one another. who gives a fuck? ALL clubs copy something off of something else. whether it be another club, lounge or designer. who cares? just go listen to the damn music and stop complaining.

bunch of babies :cry:

say like it is frank..

Originally posted by phrankadelic

so clubs copy off one another. who gives a fuck? ALL clubs copy something off of something else. whether it be another club, lounge or designer. who cares? just go listen to the damn music and stop complaining.

bunch of babies :cry:

exactly

*emphasis* on "who gives a f*ck"

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nolimit

did space miami copy space ibiza?

we love fridays at space

we love sundays at space

hmmm

Holy shit, I actually agree with NoLimit!!

Space certainly can't complain about someone copying their style when even their name was chosen to cash in on another clubs fame!!

I too hate the low celeings, and lets not even go into the fog horn.

but the one thing that Space does consistantly well, is the one thing that Level should copy -- bring in the world class DJ's.

I think the main problem is that for Gerry, it has always been about the party and not the music. While this makes for some fun times, you just have to go deeper sometimes. Some of my most memorable nights were spent at level (but not recently) but when I look back on them, they were always because of the people I was there with or meet there, never because of the music/DJ.

It's time for Level to get some legs.

Originally posted by spacious

Is Level trying to copy Space?

I just wanna chime in here because I just happen to be helping with the changes at LEVEL. I wouldn't say that LEVEL is copying off of SPACE at all. You have to remember that Acosta has his thing going at Shadow Lounge before SPACE even existed. As a matter of fact, one of the owners of SPACE was a regular at Shadow Lounge for a while. I think what you're seeing is Noah and Gerry realizing that they needed to upgrade the club and they did so.

Now about the sound system. I know for a fact that the purchase of the EAW Avalon sound system wasn't because SPACE bought one. Recently we've dismantled the existing system at LEVEL and totally redesigned and upgraded the system. You'll find that each section of the main room has it's own system that feeds off of the dancefloor system. After carefully reinstalling the system and making some necessary changes, I will say that the EAW Avalon system at LEVEL is the best Avalon system in South Florida, and I'm not to keen on EAW. Within the next 2 weeks you'll find that the entire club will have incredible audio systems.

EAW is marketing the Avalon system as a system that is "designed for Electronic Dance Music." Also the price and deals they were working to launch the EAW Avalon system in Miami was another factor.

So pretty much the statement about copying is really inaccurate. Level is doing their thing and SPACE is doing theirs.

Terry Mac