Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj Tiesto and Judge Jules @ EXIT.....

Originally posted by msoprano13

well ill be the first to admit bro that when i first got into this scene i was an exit head and a tunnel head....about being the exit head, well i went when it first opened on fridays and they were bringing in dj's like victor denaire who had skills and on openig night they had these 2 rave djs from the U.K to this day i havent heard anyone match them...but as my music tastes evolved and i began to actually pay attention to what a quality track is and what is in fact a lot of noise i began to see why exits music just sucks...lol....i went back in july and a few times before july to give it a shot and the music was just horrible..i was hearing songs like dive into the pool and all wack songs like that....i guess i can say that when i began to change my taste for music i began to realize that draper is pitaful and i appreciate dj's like vicious who really throw it down...

I agree my friend....i too was the biggest EXIT head....fuck...i went 10 straight firdays for god sakes....but damn...Good Dj's are so damn sick...ive been to exit twice since it opened again.....and it flat out SUCKS!!!!! I hate to say it but that place dont do it anymore.....TD needs to start spinning and stop playing....

The last time that I had a "Great" time at EXIT was July 3rd at the Glowstick party...that's the closest Exit has come to a Rave...it was great..that was the first and last time i Truly truly enjoyed myself there..:spin2:

As for Tiesto at Exit...that sounds great to me..I know its a different sound but hey some Variety could spice the place up..

Exit's music is getting stale...they need all the help they can get and I think that so far Dec might be a good month for Exit..:biggrin:

Jason Ojeda and Tsettos staring to Spin on Saturdays...that brought a smile to my face..

and now Tiesto :woah2: ....hummm I guess Εχιτ got word that people were starting to get sick of the place...I think they might be smartening up..but I guess I'll have to see it to believe it..

:letsgo:

Originally posted by scoob-e

might have to break the "i hate exit" moral for this night. what about you mssoprano (since i know u love exit so much)

hahahaah bro i hear ya....yo to tell you the truth the lineups that they are bringing in look sick and i like them all...but like i said in my other post the flyer says tony draper for afterhours...thats not gonna cut it for me....sorry kid..

hahahaah bro i hear ya....yo to tell you the truth the lineups that they are bringing in look sick and i like them all...but like i said in my other post the flyer says tony draper for afterhours...thats not gonna cut it for me....sorry kid..

it should have said....tony draper and his already mixed (prolly by a comp) CD!!!!

Yeah Tiesto is definitely gonna be @ Exit - at least that's what all the flyers and stuff I have say. Also Judge Jules on the 7th. This should be interesting.

I remember about a year and a half ago, Exit was all big into bringing live performances there to attract the crowd. Now it seems like they are getting to their senses and bringing in DJs that people wanna hear.

I definitely wanna hear Jules & Tiesto on the 7th and 14th respectively. I haven't had the opportunity to ever hear either one of them, and I am curious as to how they work the crowd.

Besides, it will be a nice change from the usual CD poppin' shit that goes on every Friday night.

However, I just hope that the Exitheadz will be able to appreciate some real spinnin' -- I know of some fucking stupid ass people that love the shit outta Draper and think he's god (not that there is anything wrong with liking Draper if you happen to.. LOL) but the fucked up thing was that they thought that Vicious' set sucked and bullshit like that.

I was like: WTF is wrong with you fucking morons?!

I guess we'll have to see how the Exit crowd likes Vinyls.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jules is going to be in TO on Dec 5th to spin at Guvernment so I won't be suprized if he spins in NY as well....I'm not sure about Tiesto though

JJ suks balls though....hardhouse and Cheeze....Hmmmm I think i'll pass on that thank u very much. Tiesto was average last time as welll but maybe they will be better next time around.

Yea, it's JJ and Tiesto on those weeks. Got all the flyers and asked some people working at Exit (not that they are right 100% anyway...). The whole Electric Circus thing (where Acosta and Lawrence were supposed to be at Exit) was supposedly all messed up by Guiliani or it was just a front for the real venue.

As for Draper's spinning.... LOL & LMAO whoever mentioned that he "spins/pops in" CD's is right. I was there Wed. night and just laughed my arse off when I saw him pull CD's outta his big book of CD-R's and starting popping them in. The turntables weren't even in use everytime I took a glance in there. It's usually someone messing with the effects and lil switches in there.....

If it's Draper that closes, I guess people will start filing out at 2 AM and look for other afterhours...

The live performances suck @ Exit. No one understood a thing Jessica Folker sang cuz it was just loud garbled BS....

I think Exit needs a rehaul in terms of talent and it should start modeling itself after the Buzz/Nation in DC, where you get real talent instead of the same dude popping in CD's. I know the monthly FOAM parties at Buzz are wild (especially since they have the indoor snow thing at Exit).....

Ok I finally got things straight. JJ then Tiesto the following week. I'm probably not going to make Judge Jules unless I have a strong change of heart, but I'm definetely going to try and make it to Tiesto. It all depends on my final exam schedule.

Trancend - yeah i guess you finally gotta pickup some dressy clothes. No UFOs this time. I don't mind dressing up a bit for good music.

Originally posted by quoth

yea no shit...boot draper is not even the word....i mean...fuckin..i was down right near the glass watching the man spin....WHUPS CORRECTION...he wasnt even spinning!!! HE WAS PLAYING MUSIC ON DUAL DISC CD PLAYERS!!!! THATS RIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN DUAL DISC CD PLAYERS...MODERN-DAY WEDDING SINGER EQUIPMENT....jesus christ how bout gettin that man some vinyl for those 3 lovely Vestax turntables in the dj booth?? :rolleyes:

yup that was me that said that..and yer right..he had like fuckin photo albums of CD-R's.

First of all draper amd judge jules can not be used in the same sentance. draper really sucks jules is insane. and 135 bpm's is about right for jules but draper's hard set is a lot faster than that and is a lot of cheesy progressive house jules is deep house/tech so after they play i want to hear everyone opion on what the really think

I love Exit to death, but they seriously need a new sound system..

It's no wonder you can't hear a damn thing any of the live performers are saying..

Not to mention you can barely make out the words to the vocals dropped there.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Is Vicious really gonna be back on the 21st?!

yo hes not gonna be there kid.......

Oh damn, I thought that sounded too good to be true.

7th = Judge Jules

14th = DJ Tiesto

21st = Johnny Vicious

LOL. Yeah I should have remembered this is Exit we're taking about here.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It would have been cool as hell though.