Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Draper who? Try and match my list, Top 10 DJs and Top 10 Producers

JoelB

With all respect to Johnny Vicious, an adequate, if slightly out of style producer and from what I hear a moderately decent DJ,

are you out-of-your-mind, stark-raving-mad, asylum-filling, lunacy-inspiring, bouncing-off-the-walls CRAZY?

Personal Top DJ List, rated on preference AND technical skills:

1. Danny Tenaglia

1. Junior Vasquez

1. Larry Levan

4. Frankie Knuckles

5. Paul Oakenfold

6. Judge Jules

7. Peter Rauhoefer(sp?), aka Star 69, Club 69

8. Carl Cox

9. Sasha

10. Denny Tsettes (nowhere near the tops. I like him.)

honorables: Tiesto (didnt make cut. trainwrecked when I heard him spin last, thats a big nono.), Digweed, Jonathan Peters (too many pots and pans for me), Paul Van Dyke, Eddie Baez, DJ Escape aka Jeff Jonas; numerous others.

Producers:

1. Junior Vasquez

2. Peter Rauhoefer, aka Star 69, Club 69, what other names?

3. Danny Tenaglia

4. Victor Calderone

5. Hex Hector

6. Jonathan Peters

7. Anthony Acid (+ his crew- Skribble riiight)

8. Razor/Guido

9. Thunderpuss 2000 (Chris Cox+ Barry drawin a blank)

10. Friburn + Urik/ Mike Macaluso/ John Creamer/ Stephane K/ Satoshi Tomei(sp?), too many others to name

Originally posted by JoelB

Producers:

1. Junior Vasquez

..are you crazy?.. yeah maybe ten years ago.

i love junior and all but if you think he is the present best producer you must be on some serious drugs.. i don't think i can name even two very good things that were even decent besides the barbara tucker which i just think is ok..

anyway heres mine: (and i'm definatly not gonna try and match yours.. why would I?)

DJ's: IMO (meaning the style of music i like and talent) not overall

1) Danny Tenaglia

2) Jonathan Peters

3) Eddie Baez

4) Denny Tsettos (there no stopping this man come summertime)

5) Jason Ojeda

6) Hex Hector

7) Skribble

Producers/remixer

1) Hex Hector

2) Danny Tenaglia

3) Peter Rauhofer

4) Jonathan peters

5) Hani (he gets on hot streaks)

6) Eddie (just because he is BY HIMSELF and has no team)

7) Deep Dish

Oh no you didnt. I may be on serious drugs, but you must be smokin some FIERCE Anthrax to even say that.

I'll pretend I didnt even put that part about the list being based on TECHNICAL SKILLS... what are those? oh did u say TECHNICAL F*CKIN SKILLS?? Ok i didnt hear me.

Junior Vasquez Productions of Late:

Dynamix - Never Get Me Back

Bobby Slate- Floating Higher Wave Speech 2000 mix

Shannon- Let The Music Play (an epic)

Catapila - Void, I NEED YOU (yeah thats right, that track on all those cheesy bootlegs, thats by Miss Junya. Sorry.)

Gabrielle - Should I Stay

Kristine W- Clubland, Stronger

Mary J. Blige - Your Child (FUCKIN CLASSIC ENUF FOR YA?)

Reina - Miss The Way

Whitney Houston - Learned From The Best

Nomad - I Wonder

I Am Strong - WOS

Those are JUST, JUST a FEW, off the top of my head. And you know all those CHEESY underground anthems, Zombie nation, Shh Listen, that they wind up playing on KTU? JR had the FIRST. He plays anything u hear a NY DJ play, except maybe Jonathan Peters, and FIRST. Its done, in the studio, finished? Who gets the FIRST CDR? Junior. Always.

U WANT MORE? I'LL BRING IT

Oh no you didnt. I may be on serious drugs, but you must be smokin some FIERCE Anthrax to even say that.

I'll pretend I didnt even put that part about the list being based on TECHNICAL SKILLS... what are those? oh did u say TECHNICAL F*CKIN SKILLS?? Ok i didnt hear me.

Catapila - Void, I NEED YOU (yeah thats right, that track on all those cheesy bootlegs, thats by Miss Junya. Sorry.)

Reina - Miss The Way

Nomad - I Wonder

I Am Strong - WOS

Those are JUST, JUST a FEW, off the top of my head. And you know all those CHEESY underground anthems, Zombie nation, Shh Listen, that they wind up playing on KTU? JR had the FIRST. He plays anything u hear a NY DJ play, except maybe Jonathan Peters, and FIRST. Its done, in the studio, finished? Who gets the FIRST CDR? Junior. Always.

U WANT MORE? I'LL BRING IT

LMFOA!!!.. like i said JUNIOR. i love Junior AND ALL but listen to

these tracks you are naming. "your child" ( DEFINATLY is a classic of course) CLASSIC!!!!....you heard it..classic.. catapilla, 2 years ago.. clubland even 3 years.. i thought we were talking about PRESENT. i never said anything about the man technical skills.

smoking FIERCE anthrax. lol! thats funny...:finger:

Reina - Miss The Way

Nomad - I Wonder

I Am Strong - WOS

Those are all old.. All atleast a year old most are atleast 2+ with the exception of Nomad..

I can make you a list of his newer stuff if you like :D

dj's

1. sasha

2. tiesto

3. sister bliss

4. pvd

5. deep dish

6. tall paul

7. judge jules

8. danny tenaglia (sorry ive never seen him spin...if i have he would have placed higher)

9. sander klienenberg

10. craig richards

producer/remixer

1. tiesto

2. deep dish

3. danny tenaglia

4. john creamer/stephane k

5. rollo

6. timo maas

7. john digweed

8. tykwer/jonny klimek/reinhold heil

9. futureshock

10. quivver

Originally posted by a-tip

4) Denny Tsettos (there no stopping this man come summertime)

7) Skribble

[/quote

Denny Tsettos - You've got to be kidding me!! Yeah, great DJ for a tiny, cheesey Jersey trash club in quite possibly the shittiest spot at the shore..

Skribble is just horrible...

DJ's

1) Jeff Mills

2) Richie Hawtin

3) John Digweed

4) Deep Dish

5) Derrick May

6) Cass - at least the time I heard him...pheeew

7) Danny Tenaglia

8) Danny Howells

9)Lawler *TIE*

9)Carl Cox *TIE*

Honorable mention) Jonathon Peters/PVD (when they're not droppin frommage), Nalin, Christian Smith, Sven, Seb Fontaine (sometimes),

I'd have to hear lawler again

Originally posted by a-tip

oh yeah btw: and juniors "i learned from the best" and his reina "Miss the way" were MONSTEROUS HITs!!!!!!!!:laugh::rolleyes:

OK youre right, they weren't popular hits. You want popular hits?

Casey Casem plays em every SUNDAY MORNING

try Z100 or something. Yeah, Junior may not be a musical genius like the Backdoor Boys, Britney Spears, etc. But we all know that being a HIT = musical talent. Thanks for clearing that up for us, a-tip =) that was a-great-tip.

happy to see that at least someone here has good taste (charrails)

i mean, wow, people like skribbles and tssetos?? technical skills?? um.....no

and producers: calderone, hector???

i guess that could be a list of the best amreican djs/producers, but i dont think that these people compare to their european counterparts

top producers of this year in my opinion: stephanie K and john creamer

and its funny to see people like sasha and digweed and tsettos on the same list. i mean, i'll still go to SF once in a while and listen to Jp, but i wouild never even think of comparing him musically to Sasha. its ok to have a varied musical taste, but not ok to commit blasphamy like comparing tseetos to sasha!

Um, lets bring ourselves down to reality. They play around ojn computers and with turntables. They may be brilliant, but... blasphemy?

As for tsettos, thats why i put him last, and qualified with the fact that I just happen to like him. I never said he compared with the others. When Exit first opened, he played some really innovative stuff. You may not like his style. Thats fine with me.

As for Euros having americans beat, thats just not true. Tiesto TRAINWRECKED TWICE, on easy mixes, and I've only heard him once. He didnt even cut out. Most DJs can salvage a bad mix. Ive never heard JR or DT trainwreck. Do you even know what i'm talking about? oh well, at least its conversation =)

jb

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

i mean, wow, people like skribbles and tssetos?? technical skills?? um.....no

and its funny to see people like sasha and digweed and tsettos on the same list. i mean, i'll still go to SF once in a while and listen to Jp, but i wouild never even think of comparing him musically to Sasha. its ok to have a varied musical taste, but not ok to commit blasphamy like comparing tseetos to sasha!

Um, lets bring ourselves down to reality. They play around ojn computers and with turntables. They may be brilliant, but... blasphemy?

As for tsettos, thats why i put him last, and qualified with the fact that I just happen to like him. I never said he compared with the others. When Exit first opened, he played some really innovative stuff. You may not like his style. Thats fine with me.

As for Euros having americans beat, thats just not true. Tiesto TRAINWRECKED TWICE, on easy mixes, and I've only heard him once. He didnt even cut out. Most DJs can salvage a bad mix. Ive never heard JR or DT trainwreck. Do you even know what i'm talking about? oh well, at least its conversation =)

jb

er...umm....wtf?

youre saying that all of europe's dj's suck because tiesto trainwrecked twice?

what dj doesnt fucking trainwreck?

:blown:

DJ'S:

In no particular order

Danny Tenaglia

Sasha

Digweed

Steve Lawler

Danny Howells

Roger Sanchez

Carl Cox

*Note:After last night, and in the pinky Deep DishNight, Erick Morillo

is highly rising on my list...

Producers/Remixers:

John Creamer and Stephane K

Deep Dish

Danny Tenaglia

Satoshi Tomiie

Bedrock

Faithless

Armand Van Helden

MAuro Picotto

Johnny Vicious

*TIE* I cant decide between:

Evolution, Superchumbo, Hydrogen Rockers, Chab

DJs (no order)

1. Paul van Dyk

2. Dave Seaman

3. Tiesto

4. Anthony Pappa

5. Danny Tenaglia

6. Sander Kleinenberg

7. Armin Van Buuren

8. Digweed

9. Danny Howells

10. Max Graham

Producers/Remixers (no order)

1. Hybrid

2. Blackwatch

3. Satoshi Tomiie

4. Paul van Dyk

5. Tiesto

6. Silvio Ecomo

7. BT

8. Way Out West

9. Thrillseekers

10. Frank Brook

and producers: calderone, hector???

Hex Hector won the Grammy Best Remixer award for 2000, i think that gives him a little credit huh? Others who have won: Erick morillo i thiiink, jellybean, frankie knuckles (im probably wrong on a couple of those). The award is prestigious, was created at Madonna's bequest, whatever that means.

Play Hex's Stand in Love, Give Me Tonight, then Waiting for Tonight, and tell me those arent well-produced, if not your musical preference, and I'll shut up.

jb

i was just kidding about the blasphemy part, just trying to spice up the post a bit

on another note, a difference here is that there are very distinct styles here. a more mainstream aspect which is prevalent in the US, like Hex Hector and remixes of whitney houston and the like, and there is another more underground aspect, which features the like of deep dish, who manage to keep that undergroundness espite their immense popularity. the two dont really mix too well, and cant really be compared fairly. its like comparing different styles of rock, each is intended to do something different.

you can compare sasha to digweed, or anthony pappa to sander kleinenberg, and tsetos to eddie baez, since those guys have very similar approaches to DJing.

hopefully my attempt to appease all sides and contribute a solution to a seemigly endless debate will be at least somewhat successful.

dima

you have to admitt tho any list that has denny tsettos over digweed is freakin insane

i was just kidding about the blasphemy part, just trying to spice up the post a bit

on another note, a difference here is that there are very distinct styles here. a more mainstream aspect which is prevalent in the US, like Hex Hector and remixes of whitney houston and the like, and there is another more underground aspect, which features the like of deep dish, who manage to keep that undergroundness espite their immense popularity. the two dont really mix too well, and cant really be compared fairly. its like comparing different styles of rock, each is intended to do something different.

you can compare sasha to digweed, or anthony pappa to sander kleinenberg, and tsetos to eddie baez, since those guys have very similar approaches to DJing.

hopefully my attempt to appease all sides and contribute a solution to a seemigly endless debate will be at least somewhat successful.

dima