Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Doesnt Johnny Vicious Have A Residency??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by realz

NOWWWWWWW I Remember.

The KTU party right?

Vicious was there...... and he did spin.

nope....

bro, just listen.. they put him on the flyer w/ flex the secodn week of the imagine party and he was at factory.. i probably even still have the flyer somewhere..

and i specifically spoke to him about it last thursday...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

bro, just listen.. they put him on the flyer w/ flex the secodn week of the imagine party and he was at factory.. i probably even still have the flyer somewhere..

and i specifically spoke to him about it last thursday...

I know he spun there on Saturday night. I wasnt talking about the friday night party. Why do you think its called "Imagine Fridays", imagine that they would get a real dj in there on a Friday night, not a guy who plays CD's.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

imagine that they would get a real dj in there on a Friday night, not a guy who plays CD's.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hate to rain on your parade, but Vicious and many other djs use CDs, including the well-acclaimed Danny Tenaglia. The medium of the music has no bearing over the skills of the dj. Talent is talent, whether with CDs or vinyl, and some have it, some dont.

Originally posted by pangelid

I hate to rain on your parade, but Vicious and many other djs use CDs, including the well-acclaimed Danny Tenaglia. The medium of the music has no bearing over the skills of the dj. Talent is talent, whether with CDs or vinyl, and some have it, some dont.

there may be *some* truth in that.. but not absolutely..

by your logic i could by cd decks that beatmatch for you, be an mp3 whore and download all my tracks, and sit there basically popping cd's in and out all nite and be a great dj.. obviously its not quite that simple..

brian1500's point was that draper doesn't know how to even use the tables, not that the better dj's use all vinyl...

lols.

well there are Vinyl junkies & Mp3 whores.

with the turntable you have more control of the music, tony uses the tables ONCE in a blue moon (quite shocking, but he knows how to use the tables because he used to be a hiphop scratch masta dj lol)

cd-j's yes they can match beats for you but just because you know how to match beats.. your not a dj. you dont have as much control as a table would until that CDJ-1000 came out (heard GREAT reviews)

but true I admitt, the worlds greatest dj's are vinyl junkies and rarely even use Cd's.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

For the record, Viscious was there last Thanksgiving eve and there is no way he was on till 5. Flex spun his bullshit and i know Denny took over at about 415 and then Ojeda too over at about 530.

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I meant last time Vicious was there on a FRIDAY he did a longer set. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there may be *some* truth in that.. but not absolutely..

by your logic i could by cd decks that beatmatch for you, be an mp3 whore and download all my tracks, and sit there basically popping cd's in and out all nite and be a great dj.. obviously its not quite that simple..

brian1500's point was that draper doesn't know how to even use the tables, not that the better dj's use all vinyl...

understood, and good point. My statement wasnt directed to you, but to the CD DJ haters out there.

all I wanted to say is that you can still be a slammin dj with CD's. Vicious, Peters, Tenaglia case in point;

CDs are the future of house and trance music. There are just some applications that CDs are better suited for:

Portability - 200 cds case can carry 8 songs apiece [1600 total] vs 250 records in huge bulky crates

Cost and Timliness: A producer/dj can burn a track for less than a dollar and immediately, rather than paying $50 bucks for an acetate that fucks up after 5 spins. CDs are more economical.

All this translates into greater variability for the dj.

I dont know of any cd dj systems that beat match for you. Everything still has to been done manually at one point [aside from hot starts], so the skill of beatmatching is still there. Its knowing your records, putting them in phase, knowing when to take out bass lines and beats, reading the crowd and song programming that separate the good djs from the rest, not the use of cd's or vinyls

Of course, all of this is bullshit when speaking on behalf of hip-hop. Turntablism, IMO, is an art-form, and cannot be replicated with CDs, so I think the pioneer 1000s are a waste of money.

just on the side note : PFLoyd you were right. 21st = NO VICOUS

I AM A JACKASS :blank:

see bro.....thats what we have been trying to tell you from the begining of all this mess....

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR FLYERS PEOPLE....THE NYC CLUB SEEN SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE PICKING UP SOON......

VICIOUS HELLZ YEA

just on the side note : PFLoyd you were right. 21st = NO VICOUS

I AM A JACKASS :blank:

no doubt bro, its all good.. you've always done right on this board when it comes to promoting.. its cool to see a promoter who don't keep going on about something once he finds out its not true, just to get he numbers.. i know all too many who would have continued to go on that vicious would be there on the 21st.. but when the new party starts up you should come down and wile out :D

flyers soon :)

and just as a side note bro.. if you have any pull in there w/ adam, you should lobby hard to let these guys(tiesto etc.) close the place out.. or at least play longer sets... like i've heard other people say, if exit played their cards right, they could be like an american gatecrasher.. bringing in the big international dj's that are a bit more commmerical.. and if david only knew how much money he'd make if exit ever became even remotely close to gatecrasher, i'm sure he'd be all for it...

and just as a side note bro.. if you have any pull in there w/ adam, you should lobby hard to let these guys(tiesto etc.) close the place out.. or at least play longer sets... like i've heard other people say, if exit played their cards right, they could be like an american gatecrasher.. bringing in the big international dj's that are a bit more commmerical.. and if david only knew how much money he'd make if exit ever became even remotely close to gatecrasher, i'm sure he'd be all for it...

I second that :D :D :D

Have the superb DJs come on around 3 or 4 or so and have them close the night.

Then people can pregame elsewhere and when the shit starts getting good head over to Exit for a wonderful closing night :D :D :D

That would be nice if it happened. But I doubt it will. Heres why I think it wont.........In order for Draper to open up for guys like Tiesto he would need to change his style. If he opened up for them with the music he usually plays, I think Tiesto would go in the booth trying to strangle him. Its like trying to mix oil and water. From Exit's view point of things, you get Tiesto in there the beginning of the night, then you throw on Draper in the end who doesnt really need anyone to warm up for him.....Saves a whole lot of bullshit....

I am going to the meeting tonight (for jules & tiesto)

I've always mentioned to get rid of Draper, and bring in some talent. (draper is on contract, not with the club but with the promoters)

It's either.... PROMOTERS and no world famous DJ's

or

DJ's and not a lot of promoters.

I chose the 2nd option.