Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who hates HIP HOP!!??

Guest funkysoul

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Music Doesn't cause trouble, people do...

I give hiphop a "big fat" 9 or just a regular 9.... whatever... :D

I can see where your coming from on this, but I think your problem is more with the crowds that the music draws, than the music itself...

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I love HIP HOP & R&B now rap and stuff yeah that's a different story. Hit up www.djkaori.com she is spinning at STUDIO 54 Saturday a new party we have on Clubplanet. This girl is hot and she is a spokesmodel for BABY PHAT.

Cheap Plug alert!!!

hehe

but its ok, its for a good cause.

I think people have a hard time separating the message of music from the skill involved in making it... I can't think of many real hiphop artists that don't write their own lyrics and go out and lipsinc them in front of a camera with a bunch of dancers.... not to trash what someone else likes, but IMO theres little musical skill involved in some of the pop acts... But then again, theres people like janet jackson, who write/coreograph a lot of their own work... and that takes skill (and i'll admit that, even though thats the last thing you'd ever hear in my system, lol)

Originally posted by funkysoul

To all the people that Can't Stand HIP HOP!!..Lemme Hear ya SAY hell yeah!!

DOES HIP HOP MUSIC CAUSE TROUBLE!?

WhatS your RATING from A SCALE OF 1 to 10?

I give HIP HOP .... a big fat 3!

You prolly scared to go to a Hip hop club thats why you saying all this nonsense!

I love Mobb Deep, Nas Escobar, Noriega, JZ, etc::::::::Just as i love my Hard House!

:blown: :blown: :blown:

Originally posted by momadance

the only thing I hate more than hip hop is people who think they are cool because they listen to hip hop.

I can elaborate on this. You know, the kind of people who buy some rap albums and then try to act all hard & rebellious, as if they're the epitome of "badass thug" now that they listen to that stuff. Very apparent at frat parties, and in High Schools but also in lots of hiphop clubs as well. There's a certain vibe I get from them that i don't like - I'm a househead and i believe that everyone should have what they like... and i certainly don't like hiphop for many reasons, the above being one of them. Just a personal preference.

also it's mad slow too. :-\ I need more energy than that.

Originally posted by kaligirl

Its obvious that some people on hear have never heard any good hip hop. (ex. the crap they play on hot 97 is not good hip hop)

Amen to that!

I enjoy listening to hip hop and occasionaly dancing to it at SMALL venues/lounges. Never at a big club, the thought of dirty paws all over me doesn't appeal to me.

J-Lo wannabes all over the place and guys w/ their moet/henessy bottles dancing on the dance floor :laugh::puke:

:hey:

What can i say but i grew up listening to hip hop. I really find it hard for all these haters on this board to deny the fact they've never liked a hip hop song. Look at the the music, both sorta use repetetive loops in them, (Hip Hop and Dance/Techno) HASN't THEIR ever even been ONE hip hop beat you thought was CATCHY?

Me personally over the past three years i've definetely strayed away from Hip Hop, I'm not the fan i once was. House music just elevated me to a new level that hip hop could not. But i can still appreciate good hip hop. OH and in dancing wise, i can surely fucking still get down to Hip Hop.

Hip Hop is still very much party of the club world, it will always be. And its presence is certainly felt in the rave world as well. I've seen KRS-one at parties (mc ing to some drum and bass) I've seen Buju Banton DJing in Boston (well he more reggae) but ya know its like everyone's GETTING A PART OF IT. WERE ALL UNITED TO DANCE, HAVE A GOOD TIME BOOGIE DOWN. CAN't KNOCk a WHOLE MUSICAL GENRE JUST CUZ certain listeners of it START FIGHTS, its just not right.

anyways.........HOUSE music still conquers all, but Hip Hop you keep doing thing aieght , ITS TWO DIFFERENT CULTURES RESPECT one another

Originally posted by seamus9009

i'm not a big fan of hip-hop... i give it a 2...

but hey, not everybody likes my kinda music, so i can't judge... listen to what you want and what makes you feel good!!

me either ive never liked hip hop and still dont, but hey thats just me everyone has different tastes.

once in a while there's a song that ill like though.