Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RIP George Harrison

I remember drifting off to sleep as my mom sang "my sweet lord, oh my lord, Hari Hari...", and the crackle on the record was the perfect white noise for bed...it was my favorite lullaby....

I remember watching Hard Days Night for the first time and cracking up at George's dry whit, spoken in soft tones barely audible but so funny. Though he spoke little it always was to say the perfect thing.

I remember thinking about Maharashi and how if it weren't for George Harrison bringing the hippies to Hinduism, my parents would still be named Bob and Mindy instead of Hanuman and Anapurna and my name would be Racheal or Rebecca, I wouldn't have been wrapped in a prayer shawl in all my baby pictures, I wouldn't have had a sitar in my living room..

I remember pulling out an old boxed vinyl copy of his solo album and staring at the gentle man on the cover and realizing that he was the Beatle I would most like to be friends with because he was less beatle and more himself than any of the others could be.

I remember him today and I thank him for his gentle touch, which reached profoundly into my life and the life of so so many others.

:heart: "love each other" was his last wish.