Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone go to Rain on Friday??

shroomy

didn't seem cameras were allowed - they had paid photographers running around.

vaughan - this club is like the epitome of what a house club should be - open, sexy, groovy, full of energy, warmth...

ahh - more later when I can think coherently....

next friday is Derrick Carter there btw...

how was mercury last night?

All that I could say is WOW :eek: what a great fucking night I had. It was the best time out in a long time. There was a sense of nostalgia in the air you could feel. I really didnt know what to expect from the venue being a Groove Jetter, and my critique was going to be hard and understandably so considering it was my first time there. Let's just say that it was way more than what I expected. Coming through the back streets after parking in the lot on 22nd and Collins, I had some pretty nice flashbacks of the ol' Jet days, it brought a smile to my face like no other, the feeling of having the old spot open once again nearly brought a tear to my eye. I hadnt passed by there in awhile and it was good to see that they finished construction around there, for the most part. Coming up to the door I saw that they had closed the door that led to the main room, now a concrete wall stands there. Getting closer to the door I saw a familiar face roaming the velvet ropes. Could it be? nah I thought and as I got closer my assumption was right. Ha! I couldnt believe it as I saw Richie once again manning the ropes at the old spot! he's like a fixture of the club, a relic sort of speak. It brought a smile to my face and knew all wasnt lost. The place still has the long corridor on the entrance, good to see that they didnt remove that. I always felt when I walking down that corridor that I was going into a cove, my own personal hiding spot where no one could bother me and I was able to put 100% of my emphasis on the music. They closed the first door to the right on the entrance to the main dance floor but opened up the Crystal lounge entrance. I saw nice contemporary couches aligned to the left of the corridor, very nice, good to see that they have adequate seating available. The DJ booth is very nice and very people friendly. It has it's own separate door that you walk in through the corridor and it was open for those who wanted to drop by and say hi. As I walked in through the entrance to the main floor I was in shock and amazement because the place is 110% different and I didnt think it was going to come out this nice. There is a huge bar to your left that stretches out from inside to the outside patio. The DJ booth is to your immediate right with a platform right in front of it. There are couches towards the back wall and somewhat sufficient space to dance. It seemed to me that the bar took up too much space, but whatever. The decor is great, contemporary couches and lighting fixtures all around the club, the back patio is still there and better than ever. There are some fixtures hanging off this particular piece of a wall there that have these cool little rotating fan's to cool off people. Didnt pay too much attention to the VIP area in the patio. Where the old Jet main room was there is a little room with a bar where the old DJ booth used to be and some couches aligned to the left facing the bar. Where the old bar used to be, now are the bathrooms and there is another little VIP section in that room where the dance floor used to be. Again, very nice contemporary furniture and lighting fixtures setup. Despite the club changing so much appearance-wise, there was one thing that I noticed it did not loose and will never ever loose and that is it's vibe. I was so fucking amazed with the energy, vibe and aura that location has. It has a mystique like no other club that I have experienced. So many good times, so many good fucking memories. Miguel Migs was off the fucking hook, throwing down a wicked mixture of funky soul elemented house, he had the crowd jumping and pumping. Very, very cool seamless set by Migs and what I liked the most was his use of turntablizim by using different techniques. The crowd was fucking awesome. It happened to be the best crowd I have experieneced in a long time. The crowd @ Burridge was good and even for DT on Labor Day, but not close to what I experienced last night. I even took a box of matches for memories of my first night there. Funny thing is I have a feeling I'll be there again.

Danny

The sound there is a Turbosound rig by Sound Investment, Ltd. out of Chicago. It's decent for the room, but I'm not a huge fan of Turbosound. I've recently been shown the magic of Nexo, and I'm still a big EAW fan. They have some issues with the high-end of the signal in this install..

The lighting is waay too minimal. I can understand dark, but they need a bit more light.

Originally posted by Nolimit

how was the sound system? danny, im surprised u failed to mention that in your review. ;)

LOL .. always looking out :tounge:

The sound system was alittle short of awesome. Excellent frequency response and I heard absolutely no issue's with the high end's (Yes Pod, no issue's ;)) the Low end is great but they do need to tighten up some of the metal shaving's closer to the booth, they rattle way too much becuase of it .... The speaker's are camoflaouged inwall and could hardly tell they are there ... As far as booth equipment is concerned, I'll have to post that on a later date. I wasnt able to get close enough to see what equipment they have ... Pod, I thought that the lighting was sufficient? very dim, very very dim in the like's of Jet's old main room, I like it, I like it alot :)