Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can I get a Platinum review?

Originally posted by pipdaddy

someone owes me a 100 bucks...cause if you listen to JV on a Sunday morning at around 4am on level5.....you hear some of those beats:D ..hahahaha

well, i guess that doesn't really count as far as the term ktu-ish goes. i'll take $50...or a drink next time;)

I knew someone was gonna say that...that's why I added "prime time, 6am -12 pm" to my post...so I get to keep my 100 for now. ;)

Originally posted by scarletpromos

New brunswick easton ave bars have no clubby feel except for the scarlet pub where jay demarco and esco have the best energy around on a thursday ---- i

hey man, cut me some slack....im trying to change that ;)

j/k...no matter what, queens will always be a cheesy bar!! but a brother's gotta get paid and laid!

btw, thanx for hookin it up at bunka the other night...i dont know why they gave me so much shit about my ID considering I had a legit rutgers ID with my face and name on it...oh well, see you tuesday at petes!

BG

Originally posted by mikelac

Ok ok...I guess that "KTUish" comment was a bit exaggerated. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just basically trying to say that, to me, the music JV played was more commercial sounding than what I normally prefer in a club. For what it's worth, I enjoyed Mark Amatucci's set better, even though I only caught the last 45 minutes of it.

mike

i wouldnt call it commercial at all...i thought it was pretty intense, and i only recognized 2 or 3 songs

BG

yo no problem i will hook you up at bunka anytime and i dont know why they gave you hard time at the door they do that sometimes any way for anyone interested friday is the promoters ball at hunka bunka we are all throwing our christmas parties and if you and your frieds want to come just get in tuch with me and i will put you on the comp list for the party and reduced price drinks

adam from platnum --- get in touch with me maybe we can work something out

scarletpromos@aol.com

and queens is fat but it needs something you know what i mean its too much a bar and thats all i meant no dis respect

Ok here is the low down everybody. Scarlet DJs do play some good music at times. But most of it is commercial and KTu stuff. Some of the times the dj's have put some shit in there that is great. As for old queens i am happy to say that now they have a dj that actually beat matches and mixes somewhat well. "anything to make the ladies dance" is basically the theme for these djs. The only problem i've had with these dj's is sometimes they wouldn't even mix from song to song. They would just bring the song in. or the beat matching would be horrible. :chop: Scarlet and Old queens aren't the only places to here good house, prog house, trance. Harvest moon or Gaebals this Monday are the places to be. With breakers and all. these dj's atleast beat match. and the prices aren't as high as in Platinum.

--jason

nOte: "love in traffic" :bounce:

Satoshi tomie kicks ass :hat2:

Anthony Pappa kicks ass with him

"wondering how vinyl was with both of those bad boys"

Originally posted by mikelac

As for old queens i am happy to say that now they have a dj that actually beat matches and mixes somewhat well. "anything to make the ladies dance" is basically the theme for these djs. The only problem i've had with these dj's is sometimes they wouldn't even mix from song to song. They would just bring the song in. or the beat matching would be horrible.

its tough, there is no monitor in the "dj booth" aka the kitchen....i try to do my best as far as beat mixing and transitions are concerned...its hard because the bottom line is its NOT a club, and the people there dont really care all that much to hear house music

im tryin my best to change that around though...i figure im gonna force it down their throats this wednesday and if they leave, fuck em, at least i did my thing!!

BG

actually my intent was to say that old queens and scarlet pub have better djs than they use to. and i know how you feel the kitchen is fucked up, 'no monitors, that does suck'. but i have seen you spin and your pretty good. i've been spinning for like 5 months now and i appreciate any one who goes out there and tries. 'i just want to show people that there is a different sound out there'. something more than what anyone has ever heard. as a dj thats starting out Music means alot to me and there are some many different songs out there that people should hear but never get to. (getting to dramatic now :half: )

i just dislike it how people don't know that Harvest Moon and Gaebals exist. I mean John Michaels at Gaebals. and Joey and chris trends at harvest along with guest djs at harvest. damn the shit gets bumping there. a completely different scene from the rest of the college bars. people sterotype electronic music too much! lets just PLAY GOOD MUSIC.

peace.

note:

1. Oracle at Roxy dec 28th feat local dj joey stitch :flame:

2. great progressive party at Roseland BAllroom DEc 23

p.s. to mike :gas: and have :finger:

i love using these damn smiley face things

:chop:

Originally posted by slate183

The funniest comment on this post was that the music was KTU-ish..LMAO....if you hear any of those tracks that Amatucci or Vicious played (aside from the Hide-U Remix) on prime time KTU, I will pay you 100 bucks.

Late-

Adam

www.clubplatinumonline.com

Congrats on the grand opening! Finally the city with population of 100,000 ppl got something it didnt have..

He meant Amatucci and Vicious were "cheesy" on a different standard. Amatucci or Vicious dont have to do tracks that is heard on the KTU to be labeled as cheesy if it is necessary for some ppl to do so.

Rather it is funny to see some one trying to cover Amatucci and Vicious as something greater than they actually are..

Bring Paul Van Dyke or Oakenfold to Platinum.. That way there wont be an argument from both ends until one with extremely sophisticated taste and a void and purposeless hostility toward main stream comes and begin his or her ritual objection..

P.S. Heard Johnny missed beats couple times last night.. And think about rearranging the speakers so that they dont face each other directly. Plus some woofers.. no wonder there were shit loads of mid freq damaging ppls ear..

Originally posted by cyrusyn

He meant Amatucci and Vicious were "cheesy" on a different standard. Amatucci or Vicious dont have to be on the KTU to be labeled as cheesy.

Rather it is funny to see some one trying to cover Amatucci and Vicious as something greater than they actually are..

Bring Paul Van Dyke or Oakenfold to Platinum.. That way there wont be an argument from both ends until one with extremely sophisticated taste and a void and purposeless hostility toward main stream comes and begin his or her ritual objection..

P.S. Heard Johnny missed beats couple times last night.. And think about rearranging the speakers so that they dont face each other directly. Plus some woofers.. no wonder there were shit load of mid freq damaging ppls ear..

Congrats on the grand opening! Finally the city with population of 100,000 ppl got something it didnt have..

He meant Amatucci and Vicious were "cheesy" on a different standard. Amatucci or Vicious dont have to do tracks that is heard on the KTU to be labeled as cheesy if it is necessary for some ppl to do so.

P.S. Heard Johnny missed beats couple times last night.. And think about rearranging the speakers so that they dont face each other directly. Plus some woofers.. no wonder there were shit loads of mid freq damaging ppls ear..

congrats on the opening. overall there was promise. opening nights never run smoothly, so judgement should be held a little. a few comments though:

-bartenders were terrible, slow, hostile, sparse, and need to improve their basic math skills

-coat check full at 11pm?????

-walkways to the main room are too narrow (dj booth side is better) this was compounded by the fact that when i was walking in some girl leaned over the railing there and ejected all kinds of stuff from her mouth onto my shoes....uuuuh, nice.

-dance floor needs some wood flooring or something

-more bass, my ears were shot

-if it's cold and raining and the club is mostly empty, MOVE THE LINE FASTER!!!!!!!!!!! losing the manufactured attitude at the door would be good, too. i can always go wait in a nyc line if i want that.

the music was solid, def better then bunkas and i like the dance floor layout much better then bunkas too (i hate that stage). i like that there is table service. i will definately be back and i'll keep my fingers crossed that improvements are made.

how do we go about getting a table reserved????

Originally posted by slate183

I knew someone was gonna say that...that's why I added "prime time, 6am -12 pm" to my post...so I get to keep my 100 for now. ;)

Nice way to save yourself there.....:laugh:

Gaebels is very good. It's nice because not a lot of people know about it, but then the negative is that it doesn't get the exposure that it should. John Michaels knows what he's doing. Everytime I have been, he drops tracks that going with the vibe. It's just right for a start the week off mood.....

most of my thoughts on opening night have already been expressed by others who have already posted on this forum. in any case, overall, my friends and i had a really good time, and for an opening night i'd say it was pretty good. the music was decent and very danceable. the sound was a little off but fixable very easily. the space it self was actually decent overall, but the railings kind of made me feel caged in. i think that it would be a good idea to open up the entrance into the main room as it seemed as if both of the entrances tended to be spots where people were getting stuck due to the high amount of traffic. the bartenders, although nice, were pretty useless as far as getting a drink is concerned. more experienced bartenders would be a good idea cause i know a lot of people that were fed up with waiting for a drink and just walked away - money lost for the club. also the line to get into the club was absurd considering that it was pretty empty inside. perhaps if there was more than just the one girl taking money, that would speed things up a bit. the bathrooms were nice and clean, but just a little too bright (maybe lower wattage lights would fix that). I was a little confused by the fact that one wasn't allowed to take their drinks into the bathroom - not that it was a big deal, but I just never came across such a thing in all my years clubbing. I'd be concerned that someone could slip something in my drink just sitting there on that outside table while I used the bathroom. The staff overall were very nice, but just need to be a little bit more up to speed. Also get an ATM in there! I know a bunch of people that wanted to spend more money and ran out of cash, and the credit card machine was not working at the bar. The place has a lot of potential, especially since the location is perfect. I'd attempt to not draw in the usual, Staten Island/South Jersey crew, and try and attract a more musically discerning crowd, other wise this place will get cheesey very quickly. Overall, my friends and I had a fun time, and I look forward to seeing this place grow into a stand out night club, and NOT just another Hunka Bunka or Abyss - the potential to be a good club is there!

I want to first start off by saying this following post is not intended to start any drama whatsoever… Some of you may know me from either Sick Tracks (MuZiK MaN) or Jonathan Peters Board (ws7ta)

I want to start off by saying I am a good friend of Mark (Resident DJ) and Peter (Owner)… After reading many of the replies to this thread I do have to say I agree with some of the problems. I think the prices of the drinks are definitely too high. Even though the club is trying to be a little classier than your average club, I think the drink prices are still too high. Even though it is a classy place it is not NYC. The drink prices should definitely be a little more reasonable, and I think they are going to correct that. Another big problem was coat check, like Slate said it was throw together last minute and they definitely know that is a problem and are going to correct it. Another problem they had was at the door, a lot of confusion and I think a lot of that is due to it being the first night, so I definitely think that will be corrected with time.

Now onto the system and the muzik. First off the system is definitely kick ass but needs improvement… especially in the first room. There is all highs and mids and no bass… In the main room I think the system was pretty good but the bass could have been hitting harder. I know the system was not even close to turned up all the way. But I know with a little adjustment they will be able to get it working properly. As for the muzik, people that know me know that I have a ton of new muzik and a ton of muzikal knowledge. I must say out of all the clubs I have been to in jersey… I think that was the best muzik I have heard. Mark did a great job of programming and a great job of mixing. Vicious picked it up right where Mark left off and also did a great job of programming and mixing. To call the muzik KTU style… is just ignorant and absurd. Name some songs that were being played that you will hear on KTU on a daily basis. Vicious does spin on KTU sometimes on the weekends… but you can’t consider that KTU mainstream muzik. I have a feeling a few of the members that are ripping on the club are obviously some of the competition… don’t be bitter… and give credit where credit is due. The Saturday night party is going to be City style muzik and not commercial. The rest of the nights will be more commercial and main stream.

I think once the ball gets rolling and some of the problems are worked out the club will do just fine. I wish the best of luck to all the competition in the area. But to promote a New Brunswick bar on a Monday night as a better than Platinum was this past Saturday is just very funny. Platinum is a CLUB… not a bar. And as much as you want to believe the muzik is better at any one of the New Brunswick bars or any other local club such as Bunka and Abyss… its not. I guess I am just too much of a muzik critic… But this goes for any place and everyone… if you don’t like the place… you don’t have to go… I think I have done my fair share of rambling… Peace

Originally posted by jmuneton

but i have seen you spin and your pretty good. i've been spinning for like 5 months now and i appreciate any one who goes out there and tries. 'i just want to show people that there is a different sound out there'.

i just dislike it how people don't know that Harvest Moon and Gaebals exist. I mean John Michaels at Gaebals. and Joey and chris trends at harvest along with guest djs at harvest. damn the shit gets bumping there. a completely different scene from the rest of the college bars. people sterotype electronic music too much! lets just PLAY GOOD MUSIC.

thanx for the complement....next time you come in, stop back and say whats up so i know who you are....i spin CDs for those who were asking, and i get all my stuff from mp3....yes, im a mp3 bandit, and i dont really care what anyone thinks

ill be at Gaebels tonight...i like it a lot there....im not really into the harvest moon scene though....i went once and it was ok, but nothing all that exciting:(

wed night should be good...hopefully ill be able to keep the house heads in there since its the last day of classes and people will be partying...we'll see!!

BG

Originally posted by muzikman

I wish the best of luck to all the competition in the area. Platinum is a CLUB… not a bar.

MusikMan-

You said a lot of things that I've been thinking for the past three months of reading this board.

Anyway....Gaebles, Harvest Moon, Old Queens Tavern.....I have nothing but love for all of those places, but you ARE NOT our competition. We are not a Rutgers Club. We are not a restaurant with some live entertainment, and we are not a local bar. So all of you that are posting that work at these places, just know....it's gonna be all good. Although I've been told indirectly by one of the members of this board that I have "Tunnel Vision" (lol-you know who you are)...I will give you a much bigger vision and tell you this: Platinum is going to bring thousands more people in to the town from outside of the area than ever before. The whole town prospers. The bars, the restaurants, hair salons...etc, etc... What do you think the people did on Saturday night when they didnt feel like waiting on line at Platinum or people that decided they needed to relax for a while so they left, or the people that got there early and decided to get dinner first....that's right, my Rutgers Marketing majors...they came to the other local businesses in the area.

So, I'll say it again....definitely appreciaite all criticisms of the place...it makes it easy for the management to make improvements. And to the New Brunswick locals(DJs/promoters etc)...you guys are gonna be fine....you're parties are gonna kick ass and it'll all be good.

-Adam

www.clubplatinumonline.com

Originally posted by muzikman

Platinum is a CLUB… not a bar. And as much as you want to believe the muzik is better at any one of the New Brunswick bars or any other local club such as Bunka and Abyss… its not.

For you to say the music is not better at Abyss is crazy, Richie Santana is with out a doubt Jersey's finest at the moment. And props to Sal Parm at Bunka, his music will go toe to toe with anyone as well

Originally posted by beyourself420

For you to say the music is not better at Abyss is crazy, Richie Santana is with out a doubt Jersey's finest at the moment. And props to Sal Parm at Bunka, his music will go toe to toe with anyone as well

The muzik at Platinum was better... I have heard almost every big DJ in NY and NJ... I have lots of respect for Richie.. i think he is a great DJ... when he wants to be.. he is probably one of the most under rated DJ's in Jersey. When he wants to play good he is awsome.. i have heard Richie tear it up. But I like i said i have never heard the muzik like i did at Platinum anywhere else in Jersey. And expect to see Richie doing a guest spot soon. He liked the club a lot. As for Sal Parm.. dont even get me started.. lets just say his muzik is like Parm Cheese... he should go back to producing... he did better as Plasmic Honey.. but i guess his partner no longer wants to produce so they went there seperate ways... but as a DJ i think he is horrible... peace