Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ne 1 take 5htp daily?

mylilpuppie4

you don't really need to take it every day. it takes the body ~3 weeks to get back to normal seratonin levels, so if you just take some time off between rolls, you should be fine. if you roll frequently, 5-HTP is a necessity. also, if you don't feel like spending all that $$$ on 5-HTP, you can just eat turkey and bananas...they are loaded with it. if you wanna take 5-HTP daily, eat 2 bananas or a turkey sandwich and saver the 5-HTP capsuled for when you roll.

Originally posted by princesslolita

I buy my 5-htp at http://www.vitaminshoppe.com. They have some of the best prices & carry alot of different brands. I do take 5-htp everyday and it helps with my depression, sleep better, and also less hungry. 100mg per day I take. Also, espically if you roll you should take 5htp should be part of your preload/post load..

.. You got it right on the money honey.. Vitamin shoppe has a generic brand which is fine.. It really works well.. Definetly pre & post load.. Prevents the weekday depression that usually comes about 2 to 3 days after havin fun for me.. Not needed everyday in my case.. but Princesslolita is very correct.... Hmmm I think I need to make a pit stop this evening at vitamin shoppe as matter of fact..:tongue:

I don't take it everyday, but I do take it frequently. If I find I'm going to roll on a coming up weekend and I rolled within the past month, I take 100mg everyday up until the day I plan to roll. On that day, about 2-3 hours before I plan on dropping, I start eating 50mg every 30 minutes until I pop my pill. I usually take 250-400mg before I roll, it really helps my roll a lot. It brings back the happiness I used to get when I roll. The morning after I roll I usually take 100-200mg. The next couple days after I take 100mg a day for 3-4 days. I don't get depressed a couple days after rolling anymore. Previously, before I started taking 5-htp, I would get extremely depressed on the Monday or Tuesday after a long weekend of partying. Haven't had that in a long time though. Try it, you'll like it.

Originally posted by djsquillz

you don't really need to take it every day. it takes the body ~3 weeks to get back to normal seratonin levels, so if you just take some time off between rolls, you should be fine. if you roll frequently, 5-HTP is a necessity. also, if you don't feel like spending all that $$$ on 5-HTP, you can just eat turkey and bananas...they are loaded with it. if you wanna take 5-HTP daily, eat 2 bananas or a turkey sandwich and saver the 5-HTP capsuled for when you roll.

thank god for turkey. i eat a turkey snadwich almost everyday. so my brain should be ok lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know friends that take it (I never personally have cause I usually drop only 1 pill so I don't feel all cracked out) but my friends that drop enormous amounts of pills take like 3 of them I think because they say that it helps them to not feel cracked out and have that horrible E-hangover.. ehh, I guess whatever works for you is good..

though 5-htp is believed to help boost seratonin levels, it has NOT been approved by the FDA. the side effects of long term and continuous use of 5-htp is not known at this time.

i recommend taking it as needed; use it for a week or so in advance to a pill dropping session. it should NOT be a part of your daily regimen of vitamins. this is not like vitamin C; even a large dose of vitamin C is unhealthy.

Originally posted by kitty19

though 5-htp is believed to help boost seratonin levels, it has NOT been approved by the FDA. the side effects of long term and continuous use of 5-htp is not known at this time.

if your doing drugs to begin with does it really matter?