Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Padilla - Friday @ Space

djt

Originally posted by cunzun

David Padilla or Pastilla (Pill in Spanish) You must be kidding me, why doesn't that guy retired his cocky full of shit attitude belongs no where. This guy is the most negative DJ out there

:blown::mad:

So, I guess you won’t be in attendance :laugh: "Let every eye negotiate for itself ":idea:

David Padilla or Pastilla (Pill in Spanish) You must be kidding me, why doesn't that guy retired his cocky full of shit attitude belongs no where. This guy is the most negative DJ out there

:blown::mad:

hey cunzun, you have the right to pretty much say what you want to say on this board, but thats a bit disrespectful. im not a friend of his or anything,just met him a couple of times, but there's no need to get vulgar. just use the "GA2 method". say what you wanna say w/o putting someone down....

Originally posted by djfrosty

Opium - Danny Howells

Good house music, a sea of hot ass... what more could you ask for?

I can't agree that Danny Howells plays good house music(more like progressive, eh?!), but I like your attitude! And I do agree, however, that there will definitely be a sea of "hot ass" there!

Originally posted by x-t-c

hey cunzun, you have the right to pretty much say what you want to say on this board, but thats a bit disrespectful. im not a friend of his or anything,just met him a couple of times, but there's no need to get vulgar. just use the "GA2 method". say what you wanna say w/o putting someone down....

If you thought I was being disrespectful I was actually being modest. I happened to know what this guy is all about. Anyways that’s what this board are all about to speak your mind off.. I’ll be at Opium for Danny Howells.. Edgar V is going to be one tuff cookie to replace!

If you thought I was being disrespectful I was actually being modest. I happened to know what this guy is all about. Anyways that’s what this board are all about to speak your mind off.. I’ll be at Opium for Danny Howells.. Edgar V is going to be one tuff cookie to replace!

i know what your saying bro, i meant no disrespect to you. im a very big fan of edgar, and i agree, he is gonna be tuff to replace. maybe you something about david that i/we dont know...like you said, thats why the board is here for, speak your mind...peace..

Dave's got his upside, he's been on top of some important movements in the club scene down here. Lately, he's taken a beating since the musical format he plays is no longer 'hip' with the in-clubbing crowd, pretty much being replaced by prog. house and so forth. If what SgtFury says is correct, he's more than likely evolving his style to fit a new reality, while still staying true to DP form.

The downside is that he physically destroys my hearing! :)

dave's style has taken a beating on the board because this message board seems to be pro house and very anti trance...remember that in the grand scheme of things-this board honestly represents maybe 20-25 people....not really significant numbers when you consider the amount of people that go out in miami in the course of a weekend.

Well you also gotta think about how often you hear Prog. house or House in the radio. The closes thing i heard was smoke machine in the FIU radio Station and those guys think they are the shit. They sometimes make the oldest tracks like "it began in Africa" seem like a white label, and i heard it there about a month ago. and then we have good old Power 96 playing Castle's in the Sky" and promoting NYC Dance Mix 4 that has the crappiest tracks ever. And i'm sure as hell know that New York is very likely to actually have a liking for those "cool" tracks.

Originally posted by sgtfury

Nolimit...if the miami scene is so "boring"...ive got a idea...stay in NYC...and read the NY messageboards....HAVE A GREAT WINTER!!!!

that surely put you in your place diego!

yeah stay in new york... with the new vinyl residents who would really even consider a night out there (danny howells, sander kleinenberg, steve porter... no way, give me padilla any day)

;)

Man, you two (Diego and Aeroplano) have been shitting on our scene a lot lately. What gives?

I know what we do down here isn't quite what you guys want, but you don't see me shitting on NYC because it's pretty much house dominant, and I actually go for the occasional shot of trance. (My trance tastes are very specific, so don't jump to conclusions...)

I can understand Diego giving us the once over, he's actually in NYC, and we must look kinda bad from their point of view. Guestlists, VIP sections, etc is a foreign concept to NYC, and the norm down here, so I can see why in a way. I've gone over my "Miami should not strive to be NYC" concept enough times...not gonna repeat it again.

But Marcos, I've seen you dancing your ass off with a passion at any number of Miami events! But you act lately as though Miami is the Devil Incarnate. I know you went to Ibiza and Europe...god knows I'd be spoiled rotten after a European vacation, but I would come back with an attitude to maybe change things here, not just slander on the bad points. I know plenty of people that go to Europe frequently and they still love the Miami scene. Cooljunkie has interviews with several artists who can back me up on this.

To reiterate, what gives? It's not so bad down here, we've got it pretty damn good compared to 95 percent of the country. I've brought friends from where I grew up down here on occasion, and they were floored by even minor spaces like Goddess and Tantra. When I took 'em to crobar and Space, forget about it they asked if I could get them housing down here!

Born and raised in NYC and ill always love it...but..ill never live there again....two issues stand out: 1) winter 2) women...bottom line: NYC is great if you like miserable weather and dudes...

have a nice taking the subway to Vinyl, walking throught the snow....

once more with feeling: "HAVE A GREAT WINTER"

Ive had enough of watching my friends write on this board, and decided to come abord and shout out for myself. Here are some shot outs to a handfull of board members:

Who's the NYC kid hangin' in Mia (no limit)? recycle this :finger:

Stg. fury, u got it down packed with the lousy weather & dudes, where are the chicks in NY?

DJ frosty, hot ass at opium indeed, but as a matter of fact, I do care about space fridays. Where can I catch u spin?

Beyondo, Edgar is great but who will replace him? throw some names in the mix & we'll compare em' to Dave, see how they do & keep in mind the music format: Trance with a twist of prog house. have u been to space? if soo, consider yourself that "bad" crowd you say. u are a part of the crowd there right? literaly speaking.

Stg fury, your right on the money once again.

Pod, you are right! it's not so bad down here. :)

cunzun, everyone has a bad day. give padilla another chance, I don't think you know him all too well. or just Call up Dave and tell him about his cockiness and attitude yourself. You are right about the board; freedom of speech, speak away.

ernextnation, i agree with space not being mandatory, it's not like having a job. To those not in favor of space, Stay the f@k out and keep speaking your mind on the board. youre negativity affects about 00000000.1% of the mia population. say it with me ernextnation. "If you dont like Padilla, you may go anywhere else, is not mandatory". I'll see u at space.

DJT, Wuddup my brotha!!

Thanks for welcoming me in board!

I feel good letting some out :gas: