Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has Miami Milked TRANCE ENUFF ?

bugaloooo

i would like to hear more deep house in sfl. the lust crew is doing an excellent job up in ftlickadale, but miami beach hasn't totally caught on yet. dhm has a phat following and phat vibe going on in blue and rain, but the rest of the beach has been stuck on the prog. and trance trip for years now.

bugaloo..great topic i was just about to mention something on this cuz of all the hoopla at Space this week and Padilla and all that crap.

cuz now HE is dissing trance too @!!! wow thats like ol' dirty bastard wanting to sing x mas melodies instead of hip hop.

all of a sudden the trance ship is sinkin and sinkin fast.

me being a married old fart (28) i remember going to groove jet and Liquid (original) and hearing that house music and it was my first love i mean it was addicting....then trance formed and it was great very energetic crwod lifting expirience.

but some people read all these euro magazines, and all these so caled superstar djs are like "oh no no no were NOT trance djs" sort of thing.

just about an hour ago i was listening to a bootleg George A. Cd from like 99 and it is sooo awesome.

i mean it woke me up and got me thinking.

why is everyone on the house bandwagon now?

the house crowd is a bit nicer i will say ....the cheap trance crowd is so awful it can be scary.

o

But if you were there for tiesto @ space not to long ago you know that trance is oh so right still.

the solution is LIKE BOTH i know....... but i hate when everyone bashes it now.

i'll admit i liked trance a bit when i first go into the scene. it just seemed different back then. was it just me? but it was house music that educated me. trance to me just got boring. and i'm not a big fan of progressive house either. i like the deep shit. shit that you feel in your soul. to me, it seemed that trance became too commercial. everyone started dropping rolls and trance became the anthem for the trendy crowd. i think b/c of that, clubs adopted that format. for the dinero. so to me, it's fad, and one that will fade...from the trendy spots. there are still trance lovers out there and there will continue to be.

but from house music is where it all began. and i'll be more than happy to keep it deep and low pro. let all the trendy people stay away.

Yo, what's up, bugaloo?.....Showing yourself on the boards, eh?

I'm a bit tired of trance.....unfortunately, many dj's that spin trance now sound the same(that I've heard at least)...I was starting to dig Edgar V's style....he incorporated a lot of breakbeats in his trance which made him stick out from the rest........what other trance DJs could you say really stick out from the rest?....I do like Taylor from LA.....His United DJ's of America mix from a couple of years back rocks......maybe Kimball Collins?

as far as progressive.....again....it would be cool to listen to a dj that truly sticks out from the rest.......personally I never heard such good music as when Digweed came and rocked Space in the Summer....

and as far as other styles of music....the same thing applies.....it's always good to hear a DJ that sticks out from the rest......

I just prefer progressive because that's what I like.......I love breakbeats as well, but that's no good with the majority of 21+ crowds.....

That's kinda harsh, Mimi......there is some good trance out there...it's just hard to find and many dj's don't spin it......

you can't say that trance is better than house or vice versa......whatever floats your boat is more like it.....

It's really all about what you are into....

For me (being British) Trance has been well dead for at least 3 years... it's not that I particularly dislike it, its just been done to death.

That said, there are some excellent Trance DJ's out there who are still tearing up the decks.

Meng pointed out that it's always good to see some one who sticks out from the rest. mmm.

We have been doing the only UK Hard House party in South Florida for the last 2 years - Naive, (we built a following, a certain club nearly destroyed us and now we are re-building that following.)

Our DJ stands out - being the only UK Hard House DJ ... He has played the world over, MOS - London, Priviledge Ibiza, with Digweed, Tall Paul etc.

So whats my point? My point is .... everyone wants change, but when change is offered - how many people give it a try?

We have had constant batterings from people on this board, and some praise, and we have stuck true to our music beliefs.

I agree we need something new, chunky house, breaks, D&B - but the question is - how many people will go??

How many of you slate Space, and yet still go every weekend?

If something new comes along, give it a try, if you don't like - fine.

I remember 3 years ago everyone in Miami said Progessive was crap - now look.

Maybe in 3 years Hard house will be in!!!

OK nuff said - I'll stop rambling now!!!

LONG LIVE MUSIC - IN WHAT EVER FORM IN COMES IN!!!

downtempo for me...has always been a passion of mine. i feel that next year, a great deal of lounges/clubs are going to incorporate downtempo into their rotations. which opens doors to dj's like me and kevin.

so next year...watch out for me. i hope to take the beach over like a storm! well...unlike miami's weather, i hope to stay around longer than 15 minutes!

GA2, check out Eddie T (Ed Tramazzo) @ The Womb for more of that style. I'll have his demo soon, so remind me.

As for the trance thing, yeah it's been done to death, but only that epic 'are joo bloweeng up, meng?' bullshit. There's some trance out there, dropped by my guys Edgar and Iggy, that's still insane, but with some elements of progressive thrown in as well as other genres.

Cheese trance is gonna do what cheese does, get moldy and smelly real fast. The truer forms of trance are evolving and combining with other genres.

Originally posted by pod

GA2, check out Eddie T (Ed Tramazzo) @ The Womb for more of that style. I'll have his demo soon, so remind me.

Dan, how do you know Ed Tramazzo? he's been a good friend of mine for a few years now, I have one of his most recent demo's also, should you want one, gimme a buzz

Originally posted by ernextnation

Trance rules!!!

Why do u think djs like Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Judge Jules, Digwed, always play trance???

Why Talla 2xlc, Dj Jean , sell so many Technoclubs and Tunnel Trance Force???

I second that motion! the key word is "quality trance" and there a lot of great trance out there. There is also cheesy trance but there is also cheesy house a good dj mange to always pick the cream of the crop and let the audience fall in love with the music they select .PVD, Tiesto, Oke ,and many of the big boys play house,trance,breaks,progressive, they play the music that makes people move and that’s what important !

:)

Beyondo is Right!!!!!!!!!!!

All's I Have to Say is Tiesto, Dancing on the booth @ Space in October

and

PVD this Friday @ Space.

Trance, always gets a bad rap, because of the drugs and people who know little about it flooding the clubs.

AND

Trance and Electric Music made me move form NYC finally to SoBe.

I Gots a Place and look for Me with my HAT @ Space Friday (I need some Friends :})

Maybe Miami has "milked trance enuff" cause of the genre or the thought we put into it is not appropriate....lets all remember about the roots of trance. Its not about the drugs or the scene, but its all about the the dedication that dj's and musicians around the world take to create electronical music........Personally if the music is good and it takes you away, then you should really think about it.......We are still alive...look foward, and let go of the past...... :cool:

Sorry Im so late on this thread guys..but I had to give my two cents about this. (shouldve done it earlier) anyways. About trance.....well.....Pheeeewwwy..it was nice when it landed..then it adapted too fast....I'll still listen to it..but the dj spining it must be talented. Like Edgar V, breaks are definitely a plus when added to trance. Over all....I say more Tribal, Progessive House and Breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooohooooooooo...:blown::D