Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Winter Music Conference info thread

shroomy

just got a good hookup after mad research $99 a night hotel....$400 round trip flight for two......my hotel is on ocean ave and 9th...perfect spot..close to mango's...awesome we are staying march 21 -26..can't wait to see the DJ lineups at all the clubs... anybody going we should have a meetup...can't f***ing wait...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello hello!!! I'm new to the boards as well. I'm from Chicago and my boyfriend and I will be in Miami for the WMC this year for the first time. We've been to Miami before, but not for this. Can anyone give us any pointers? Like what time we should get to the clubs to get in? How much are the clubs going to charge for cover? Where will the poolside parties be at? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Thanks much!!!!

ok. it's best to get to the parties early. like before 12 if u don't want to be stuck in a huge line. this pertains to the night parties only. avg. price for big clubs is 30 bux. some may charge more (space), and some may charge less.

pool parties are all over the beach. clevelander. surfcomber (official poolside party hotel), the raleigh hotel, and the albion just to name a few.

hope this helps.

does anyone know anything about the Blue Moon Hotel? It's at 944 Collins. I think we might stay there but I was wondering if anyone has been there or stayed there so I can get some opinions????

also, thanks for the info...where can i find out when/where the pool parties and dj 's will be at the clubs? is there a listing somewhere?

Originally posted by pumakat

does anyone know anything about the Blue Moon Hotel? It's at 944 Collins. I think we might stay there but I was wondering if anyone has been there or stayed there so I can get some opinions????

Is this Puma from Chicago?

Well I've personally never been to the Blue Moon hotel, but when my friends were here from St Louis, we stayed at the Hotel Shelley on Collins for the Mekka.. It was cheap and clean. Nothing spectacular.. We weren't in the room anyway, so didn't matter... plus they had free cocktails:tongue:

Lola:eek:

Here are the parties for the WMC as i have them so far....not a lot of info yet....

*** Note **** All parties/DJs are subject to confirmation!

March 22: BBC1 Radio Live at Nikki Beach Club with Pete Tong and guests: 1pm

March 22: Tiesto @ Space

March 23: Ultra4 - see other thread for more information

March 23: Josh and Cristina's Birthday Xtravaganza- Dubcoast Music and Xplosion Records- Miami/ N.E.M. Records- UK

6701 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL

9:00 PM/21 and Over/Radisson Deauville Resort Miami Beach

March 23: Sasha and Digweed - venue TBA

March 23: Carl Cox at Crobar

March 23: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua: 6pm - 10pm, DJs TBA

March 24: Sasha @ Opium Garden

March 24: PVD, DJ Icey @ Space (not sure about Icey)

March 24: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua: 6pm - 10pm, DJs TBA

March 25: Danny Tenaglia @ Space

March 25: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua: 6pm - 10pm, DJs TBA

March 26: Giant Hotel at Hotel Aqua: 6pm - 10pm, DJs TBA

March 27: Mixology with Mark Lewis, Carl Cox, Seb Fontaine at the Raleigh Hotel

let me fun begin!

Hi guys,

I used to post on a site called

http://www.garagehousemusic.com

unfortunately the person who ran it got sick of all the people arguing and crap... a shame really because for a time it had the most fulfilling discussions about the music and the culture...

I think I'll come back here more often to get to know y'all a little better.

Back on topic...

I was able to get a room at the Sheraton Bal Harbour Beach Resort for 69 americano a night ... made my reservations. Then I cancelled them as soon as I saw how far away that hotel was from the Art Deco district. The cab fares scared me off... moneys tight as fuk. (A Heiniken costs 4.50 Canadian while in South beach it's like 6 and of course 7 or 8 bux after the bartender see's how ripped you are!!)

Most of the un official action happens around 1400 Collins and aeround Washington I recall. That hotel was at the Northern part of the Island so I said fuk that! Mind you if I had a person to split it with that would be cool but I think most of the Toronto crews are going to be in the Motel district. I think I'm going to take a gamble and wing it.

Odds are I'll be able to buy into a cheap room. One note though, there are a few stories about credit cards and valuables being ripped off from rooms in the cheaper motels. Some friends had shit stolen while they slept! So be careful

No point paying that much to sleep in a hotel for 5-6 hours! :rolleyes:

I should have made an effort to keep in touch with all the cool clubkids I met last year...

As far as what's going on... as soon as I get the heads up from my media contacts I'll post a link to the venues and parties... Jen Warner at about.com is pretty on point for that info.

I gotta stop... I'm anxious and it's only Jan! Flights booked, South Beach here I come!!

Bring-it-on!:bounce:

yes, it's me Kat, from Chicago. i am definitely coming down for WMC. we gotta meet up!!!

i'm so f'ing excited!!!! last time i was in Miami (July 2001) we has a blast! did the whole crobar/space thing and went straight to the airport! hahaha

know of any good restaurants? not too pricey-gotta save the $$ for all the cover charges and party favors!

what up Kat:tongue:

We will definately meet up when you get here!! As for resturants.. check the first page of this thread.. Shroomy and some of the other peeps made some good suggestions... I can say my roommy eats at the News Cafe like 3 days a week and the food is good and low price...;)

E-mail me if you need anything sweetie.... can't wait to see/meet ya in March!! It's on!! WOO WOO

Originally posted by lolahotass

what up Kat:tongue:

We will definately meet up when you get here!! As for resturants.. check the first page of this thread.. Shroomy and some of the other peeps made some good suggestions... I can say my roommy eats at the News Cafe like 3 days a week and the food is good and low price...;)

E-mail me if you need anything sweetie.... can't wait to see/meet ya in March!! It's on!! WOO WOO

WHATS UP LOLA, ITS TOMMY FROM CHICAGO....

YOUD BE SUPRISED THERE IS ACTUALLY A PRETTY LARGE GROUP OF US GOING TO WMC. 2 ND TIME FOR ME.

ANY CHICAGO HEADS THAT NEED HOOKUPS, PLACE TO CRASH ETC, PM ME. WERE TRYING TO PUT AN EMAIL OUT FOR ALL THAT ARE GOING.

WERE BRINGING SOME OLD INDUSTRY PPL WITH US SO GETTING INTO PLACES SHOULD BE EASY.

LATERZ

TOMMY

Hey for those of you looking for a cheap hotel for WMC

Banana Bungalow Hotel & Int'l Hostel

2360 Collins Ave

Miami Beach, FL 33139

(305) 538-1951

& a step up from that i recommend

The Governor

435 21 St

Miami, FL 33139

(305) 532-2100

they always host a party by the pool

last i checked they had 2 dbl bed for $90.00

both hotels are located near Rain

peace

v

how do you get into the pool parties? i know thath some of the hotels require you to show yer key card to get into the pool areas. how does it work?

TOMMY!!! we gotta hook up! who else is coming from Chicago? where are you staying? you goin to Crobar (Chicago) anytime soon? we should meet up before WMC for sure....

Originally posted by diesel77

WHATS UP LOLA, ITS TOMMY FROM CHICAGO....

YOUD BE SUPRISED THERE IS ACTUALLY A PRETTY LARGE GROUP OF US GOING TO WMC. 2 ND TIME FOR ME.

ANY CHICAGO HEADS THAT NEED HOOKUPS, PLACE TO CRASH ETC, PM ME. WERE TRYING TO PUT AN EMAIL OUT FOR ALL THAT ARE GOING.

WERE BRINGING SOME OLD INDUSTRY PPL WITH US SO GETTING INTO PLACES SHOULD BE EASY.

LATERZ

TOMMY

Hey Tommy,

Make sure you PM me the dates you guyz are coming, etc. so we can make plans to all meet up..

This is gonna be great..

Roney Ocean Palace.. or something like that, is a very nice hotel.

Im not sure if they are done remodling it yet, but they should be.

Its around 24th St. Right on the Ocean. A little far north to walk anywhere except Lola and Rain, and maybe Spin, but they have very nice rooms and stuff. If they are done with the remodel, they are a legitimate 4 star joint.

they are only a $3 taxi ride to any other club except Space ($12)

I have heard of some great deals there. If they were 6 blocks south, they could charge $250 for the same rooms.

Hey, we stayed at Roney's Palace last year during WMC...we got hooked up with a huge suite at a relatively reasonable rate...it is a really nice place and the pool set up was off the hook...right on the beach...music...cool people etc....it's a little expensive and drinks are pricey by the pool but it's a lot of fun...we are looking for a few chill guys or girls to go in on a place there with us (suite)...there will only be about 3-4 of us this year as money is kinda tight...if interested my e-mail is below...ciao

prfct11@hotmail.com

fav quote:

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Hey guys! I'm new to the board and am from Chicago as well. This will be my first time going to WMC and CANNOT wait! I've only been to Miami once before (last July) and absolutely loved it. We're staying at the Maxine on 17th and Collins--has anyone heard anything about this place? It's probably not the nicest hotel, but we got a really good deal on it.

Anyway--it's just my boyfriend and I that are going down there, so I'd love to meet up sometime!

Just got this heads up....

Massive!!!!

Kwasi

ULTRA | PR001

01 25 02 | FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT | 435 615 9881

COOLWORLD and D'VOX Magazine are proud to present the highly anticipated, fourth annual

ULTRA 4

music festival on March 23rd, kicking off the Winter Music Conference in beautiful Miami Beach, Florida. Once again, ULTRA will set the pace for the entire American dance music scene, with the premier stateside production, rivaling any lineup on the face of this planet.

This is the state of our art.

This legendary event has drawn tens of thousands of dance music lovers every year with cutting edge technology in lights, sound and lasers. Ultra 2002 will host the largest electronic music talent to ever hit the shores of North America, with performances by (in no particular order):

PAUL OAKENFOLD (www.perfecto-fc.com, www.pauloakenfold.com)

PAUL VAN DYK

TIESTO

RONI SIZE with MC DYNAMITE (TBC)

GOLDIE (Metalheadz UK)

DJ DAN (Kinetic Records, San Francisco)

CARL COX (www.djcarlcox.com)

DJ CRAZE (www.djcraze.com) & DJ MARKY (Brazil) with MC SKIBADEE

DEEP DISH

WISHFM (La Belle Epoque Musique, www.wishfm.com)

BAD BOY BILL (www.badboybill.com, Bangin' the Box Vol. 5 / Mix Connection)

KOSHEEN (live, Kinetic Records) (TBC)

PLANET B (America's new electronica rock superstars)

CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE (Hook Recordings / Moonshine)

RHINOCEROS (live, V2)

DJ SKRIBBLE (MTV DJ, Essential Mix)

RAY KEITH (V Recordings)

I0'S (featuring the hit "Rapture")

TIMO MAAS (Hope Recordings / Germany)

TALL PAUL (Duty-Free Recordings, UK)

HERNAN CATTANEO (Perfecto)

STORM & BAILEY (Metalheadz)

JOSH WINK (Ovum Recordings / Philly)

MAX GRAHAM (Hope Recordings)

ANDY C. (Ram Records UK)

DAZEE & EMPRESS with MC CHICKABOO (Contagious Musiq)

DJ RAP(TBC) & WILDCHILD & JO JO ROCK with MC CHICKABOO

DIESELBOY (Palm Pictures / Tech Itch UK / Philly)

KAOS & METHOD ONE (La Belle Epoque Musique, www.atlantiq.com)

KEVENS (www.kevens.com, live drum & bass)

BIZZ (Coolworld SF)

BAD COMPANY

RICHARD MARLEY (producer and founder of the annual Marley Festival)

JUJU (Phunckateck)

GULEMBO (Puerto Rico)

ST. JOHN (Progressions Into Trance / House Nation - SF)

DARA (Moonshine/Breakbeatscience/NYC)

REID SPEED (Breakbeatscience/NYC)

DB (Breakbeatscience/NYC)

MARK LEWIS

ALEX GOLD

SS (Formation Records UK)

RANDALL (Mac II)

KENNY KEN

GEORGE ACOSTA

DJ ICEY

BABY ANNE

GORILLAZ featured member, DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN

GALAXYGIRL

SPACEMEN

MADAME MERCURY (Coolworld SF)

MONK

EDGAR V.

KRUST & DJ DIE (TBC)

SUV & PATIFE (TBC)

LIQUID TODD

PROPHECY

TOMMY LAROCK

DUFUNK (Coolworld SF)

DJ HUEY (Coolworld SF)

and many others to be announced.

General Admission and VIP tickets for the Fourth Annual ULTRA Music Festival are available online at www.coolworld.com and www.ultrafestival.com or by calling toll free 1-877-877-7677. Tickets are also available at your local independent record store in the Florida area.:)

Greetings clubhedz,

I'm coming down for the conference from Atlanta. About 10 of us are coming down in my crew, not to mention all the other people I know who are making the trip from here. I attended the conference in 2000, but I have a feeling that this time is gonna be alot different. We're mostly into house, dnb, breaks, and hip hop and will be partying accordingly.

I'm staying the 21-28 at the Castillo Del Mar. Is that good or bad? Some friends of mine are staying at the Clay Hotel and Hostel and are looking for reviews as well.

Comments?? Comments??Anyone??Anyone???

Anywhoo, I'll be in tune with this forum on the regular. Oh yeah.....I CANT WAIT!!!!!

House Before Titties!!!

Aim:XxXxGogglesXxXx

http://www.lunarmagazine.com/

http://www.jivemagazine.com/