Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD/Space review

sgtfury

PVD was great, the music was intense there was so much energy in it. His set rocked. Could not stand still.

Space was packed out solid never even got on the dance floor it was way too crowded.

We got there early around 11:45 and the lines were huge, I have

never seen them that bad.

Saw Puff Daddy or P Diddy there.

Great night would have enjoyed it more if it was not so packed.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by idrthrbclbng

I thought his set totally kicked ass -- harder for the first couple of hours, and then he threw in some older tunes -- mostly trance, but of the harder variety for most of the night. The crowd was really up for it right up until the end -- overall, an awesome night...

Hey! Sorry we missed each other at Space. I ended up getting screwed out of $40 for cover and $15 for parking. But it was worth it. I was kinda pissed off that he only spun for 3 hours and 45 mins. I was expecting more. I had forgotten how unanimated PVD is when he spins. His closing sucked ass too, he just stopped, no real closing track, no lost song. Just an end. Besides that i was very impressed with set and i'm glad he threw a few oldies in like Tell me Why, Born Slippy, etc. I'm running on a few hours of sleep here and I just got back to NY a few hours ago. i'll write more tommorow. One more thing... SPACE has gorgeous women!

I guess some of us really do:love:Fridays @ Space...

PVD's set was incredible...

Roly & Oscar were goin' OFF in the patio...

good over the shoulder shots of PVD & the crowd, can't wait to develop the film...

V.I.P/Character of the night most def goes to "ANIMAL" Bugaloo's right hand man...

there of course we needed to have "Biz's blessing" of the night...you are the master of the obvious...PVD was awesome .......very little to do with Space ..hes awesome in any club IN U.S and anywhere else.

of course Biz the place would have never been packed if it werent for your clever promoting skills.

way to go- hats off to you for pulling off the unbelievable.

you mustve DRAGGED 3000 people to see PVD how do u do it?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::blown:

what are you doing writting threads at 2 am ??? go promote your slacking

I can only say that I was not impressed by PVD probably because I don't like trance but according to my friend who does, he had a very impressive set. I spent most of the time in the patio and the DJ there was just OK. Now I know why Crobar is better than Space, at least for me.

Originally posted by teklord310

Hey! Sorry we missed each other at Space. I ended up getting screwed out of $40 for cover and $15 for parking. But it was worth it. I was kinda pissed off that he only spun for 3 hours and 45 mins. I was expecting more. I had forgotten how unanimated PVD is when he spins. His closing sucked ass too, he just stopped, no real closing track, no lost song. Just an end. Besides that i was very impressed with set and i'm glad he threw a few oldies in like Tell me Why, Born Slippy, etc. I'm running on a few hours of sleep here and I just got back to NY a few hours ago. i'll write more tommorow. One more thing... SPACE has gorgeous women!

Tek, sorry I missed you too, couldn't hear 1 f'n thing when I spoke to you on the phone -- we also had to pay $40, I think they raised the price just before we got in, because some other friends went in 10 mins. before us only paid $30.

I thought it was a great scene at Space, tons of hot girls, the crowd was really up for it and PVD kicked ass -- he could've played longer, but we gotta take what we can get. No problems at the door, although I was worried because I had sneakers on, I walked right in. Just got back to NY, and it is way cold -- I miss MIA already...

Tek -- you goin' to Howells for NYE?

i don't know why space advertised 'extended' set - for those of us who remember twilo, pvd spun from 2 till closing.

anyway, a typical pvd show. what's great about him is that you get a little bit of everything. i hadn't seen him in awhile....those old trance tracks brought back memories!

space was too packed and since the set only lasted until 4:30, there wasn't too much chance to dance. I left after pvd waved goodbye to catch a flight back to nyc.

overall, not the greatest pvd showing ever, but it was good to see him again.

PS-am i the only one that felt the sound system sucked? way too much bass in the back that overpowered treble all night long???

Beyondo...it is obvious that you seem to live in a different reality from the rest of us.....first, I dont know what PVD set you caught at Space...but the fact was that there were almost 4000 people that for 4 hours were going crazy to the shit he was dropping...second, did you even stay for Padilla...because if you did...he rocked the place from 5 until about 8.....some would even argue that the crowd was more into him than PVD....Luis was in the booth with Padilla rocking out....and being the Space expert you must have noticed that compared to the previous fridays for the last few months, Space had more people inside at 7am in a long time.....

beyondo...do yourself a huge favor...stop taking so many rolls...its messing up your perception of the world....AND AS PREVIOUSLY OFFERED...seems like you and I frequent the same places...why not arrange a face to face discussion?????

last time i saw pvd at space (w/carl cox in march), he spun for 6 hours as i remember. i guess that was an abberation.

the problem with shorter sets that start early is that there is no chance to clear space - there were just too many people crowding the dance floor!!!

anyway, perfect timing since i had to bounce out early.

Def a good set. It was the first time that I went to Space. I loved the Phazon system. Its been too long since I have heard such good stuff. One of the best part was that it was only $20.00 at the gates. :D That just made my night. Well rest is history. Just brilliant. Crowd was alright. Lots of good looking girls (respectful). Need a complete track list though. Trancegodess posted this list.

Ralphie B- Massive

Mirco De Govia- Epic Monolith

PVD- Vega (Starecase Remix) vs. Filmpalast - I Want

Soliticous- Furthermost

Connector- Interference

Active X- Lets go

PVD- Avenue

Underworld- Born Slippy (PVD remix) :

PVD- Tell me Why (Vandit remix) r:

Kosheen- Catch (Hiver & Hammer remix)

Hide U (Creamer mix)

Nu Nrg- Dreamland

Trancesetters- The Saga

Marco V- Simulated

AYU- M EP

NEED THE COMPLETE SET.

THANX

ENJOY

Originally posted by stronut

Def a good set. It was the first time that I went to Space. I loved the Phazon system. Its been too long since I have heard such good stuff. One of the best part was that it was only $20.00 at the gates. :D That just made my night. Well rest is history. Just brilliant. Crowd was alright. Lots of good looking girls (respectful). Need a complete track list though. Trancegodess posted this list.

Ralphie B- Massive

Mirco De Govia- Epic Monolith

PVD- Vega (Starecase Remix) vs. Filmpalast - I Want

Soliticous- Furthermost

Connector- Interference

Active X- Lets go

PVD- Avenue

Underworld- Born Slippy (PVD remix) :

PVD- Tell me Why (Vandit remix) r:

Kosheen- Catch (Hiver & Hammer remix)

Hide U (Creamer mix)

Nu Nrg- Dreamland

Trancesetters- The Saga

Marco V- Simulated

AYU- M EP

NEED THE COMPLETE SET.

THANX

ENJOY

where was this posted at?? sounds like a good track listing..i think maybe he spun better in Miami then he did in DC around Thanksgiving

:bounce:

cd

"Im not your bitch dont hang your shit on me"

doll16.jpg

Originally posted by chynado11

where was this posted at?? sounds like a good track listing..i think maybe he spun better in Miami then he did in DC around Thanksgiving

:bounce:

cd

"Im not your bitch dont hang your shit on me"

doll16.jpg

The tracklist was posted on the Ezdreamer board. I missed the thanxgiving DC venue. But it was a good set. Last time I heard PvD spin was back on the the 2nd Year aniversary at Twilo. I have been listening to few of his live tracks from different places and compare to them, the Space set was a bit different. Few good ol' tracks with some new songs. It was packed to the limit. Few songs I couldn't recognize. Over all it was a good night.