Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank you Crobar!!! please read

shroomy

As some of you may know, I spent most of NYE trying to take care of a friend who OD’ed (but lived) while at Crobar. It was one of the worst nights of my life. But I did want to publicly say a huge thank you to Kenny Smith and David Silver, the Owner and Manager of Crobar respectivly. Both were incredibly helpful, genuinely concerned, and hugely professional. I have seen other people OD in clubs and all everyone wanted to do was get them out the door to avoid any scene or publicity. Kenny just happened to be walking by and personally went to get him some water, asked if he would like to sit on a couch that he would clear off and was honestly concerned. When I said it would be better if we took him outside, he arraigned for me to get back in, despite the no reentry till 4AM. And Kenny has no idea who I am. And David who I know slightly was also concerned and very helpful, personally making sure the doormen knew who I was, and to help out how ever they could. It is easy to see why Crobar has had such a long run in the notoriously fickle Miami scene, they care about their patrons, whether or not they are VIP’s (which we were not)

Hey Shroomy.. VERY glad to hear your friend is O.K.!

And, contrary to popular belief, I have always thought the staff at Crobar is THE BEST of all the big clubs. Especially David Silver. I have known him for almost 10 years Shroomy and I can guarantee you that his concern the other night is 1000% genuine. It's the same man who takes his dogs to the hospital every week or so as part of a rehabilitation program for sick people!!! He is, and always has been a truly awesome person!

It's unfortunate about your friend, but I'm pretty sure we've all had one of our friends in a similar situation at one point or another. I'm just glad he's alive; some of us aren't as lucky!!! :(

Happy New Year, despite what happend! Remember that it is 2002 all year, not just that night! There's always next time!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah Kenny and the Crobar crew are trhe shit ..Space take notes especially now after your marketing Pr director quit on you guys ........

as for shroomy in defense of your friend if i had to hang with you on NYE i too would have to be close to Over dosing......only way to manage u

beyodo, I know you are trying to be funny.

but lay off for a couple days.

I have invaded Panama, fought in Iraq and taught hand to hand for both the Army and Marines, I have fought professional no holds barred fights and I am not a small guy. I also have the resources to find your ass.

I am beyond a bad mood, take me seriously, shut up for a few days.

"shroomy

beyodo, I know you are trying to be funny.

but lay off for a couple days.

I have invaded Panama, fought in Iraq and taught hand to hand for both the Army and Marines, I have fought professional no holds barred fights and I am not a small guy. I also have the resources to find your ass.

I am beyond a bad mood, take me seriously, shut up for a few days. "

....and that was the last time we heard from beyondo....:tongue:

Posted by: Shroomy

As some of you may know, I spent most of NYE trying to take care of a friend who OD’ed (but lived) while at Crobar. It was one of the worst nights of my life. But I did want to publicly say a huge thank you to Kenny Smith and David Silver, the Owner and Manager of Crobar respectivly. Both were incredibly helpful, genuinely concerned, and hugely professional. I have seen other people OD in clubs and all everyone wanted to do was get them out the door to avoid any scene or publicity. Kenny just happened to be walking by and personally went to get him some water, asked if he would like to sit on a couch that he would clear off and was honestly concerned. When I said it would be better if we took him outside, he arraigned for me to get back in, despite the no reentry till 4AM. And Kenny has no idea who I am. And David who I know slightly was also concerned and very helpful, personally making sure the doormen knew who I was, and to help out how ever they could. It is easy to see why Crobar has had such a long run in the notoriously fickle Miami scene, they care about their patrons, whether or not they are VIP’s (which we were not)

Shrooms, sorry to hear about your friend and glad that everything came out ok. Crobar defenitely has one of the best staff on the beach, kudos for Crobar's attentiveness and courtesy.

Posted by: Vaughanz

Hey Shroomy.. VERY glad to hear your friend is O.K.!

And, contrary to popular belief, I have always thought the staff at Crobar is THE BEST of all the big clubs. Especially David Silver. I have known him for almost 10 years Shroomy and I can guarantee you that his concern the other night is 1000% genuine. It's the same man who takes his dogs to the hospital every week or so as part of a rehabilitation program for sick people!!! He is, and always has been a truly awesome person!

It's unfortunate about your friend, but I'm pretty sure we've all had one of our friends in a similar situation at one point or another. I'm just glad he's alive; some of us aren't as lucky!!!

Happy New Year, despite what happend! Remember that it is 2002 all year, not just that night! There's always next time!!!!

as always vaughan, diplomacy is the key to success! you are a class act all the way

Posted by: Beyondo

Yeah Kenny and the Crobar crew are trhe shit ..Space take notes especially now after your marketing Pr director quit on you guys ........

as for shroomy in defense of your friend if i had to hang with you on NYE i too would have to be close to Over dosing......only way to manage u

Beyondo, your a dickhead :blown:

Yeah, he is much better, thanks Meng.

He is going to be discharged today but he was critical and on a ventalator at one point.

BTW it looks like coke that was cut with a barbituate (downer) mixed with alcohol MAY have played a big roll in this. So all you coke heads, beware, there is some nasty shit in some of the coke going around that is very dangerous when mixed with alcohol.

This is yet another time I am glad to have never tried coke!

Great, glad to hear your friend is doing better. but since he is, why dont you go over and bitch slap him for being such an idiot. It is people like him that cause clubs to close down. Because of idiot clubbers that cant handle their drugs, Clubs like Twilo, and Home are now history, and because of the moron's absolute negligence and complete inconsideration and disrespect to crobar, he almost could have closed another. Oh yeah, it's cool that Kenny is so considerate about it, but the truth is your friend is a loser for having to put one of the best clubs on the beach in an awkward situation like that. God forbid if something really did happen to your friend... Not only would his party days be done, but so would Crobar's!

The worst part is... your friend will probably go out and repeat his performance again in the immediate future! They always do...

Just a little harsh reality to help bring you and your so called friend down to reality...

That's really not nice.

Also, you have no clue the power that a place like crobar weilds, do you?

Look at the ownership. Bob Meyer, Ken Smith, Cal Fortis, Lenny Kravitz...the last alone goes a loooong way to prevent closure.

Look at the clientele...Harrison Ford, Lenny's friends, J-Lo, Puffy, etc...

It would take a Studio 54-esque situation to close crobar, or any of the major Miami clubs...look what it took to shut down the old Liquid...chris got tossed in the clink...

Twilo had a lot of people power, sure, but not a lot of political muscle...hence it's closure.

crobar is a multi-million dollar megaclub, with a lot of clout. I've seen some of it come to pass, and even then I surmise it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Ken was not only taking care of Charlie and his friend for publicity reasons, he was doing it as a human being. crobar could have and probably has had 10 OD incidents, without a second glance from the MBPD or that bitch Lieberman...in other words, as a PR matter, Ken had little to worry about by Charlie's friend's incident...as long as he did not overtly die within crobar's walls, I'm sure the club would have been OK.

Clubs like crobar, Level, and Space have little to fear from the local pols, they bring in waay too much tourism and tax revenue to be shut down. When's the last time you heard someone from out of town come here and not sample the nightlife? God, even my parents have been given the grand tour!

icup, thanks for being happy he is better.

Believe me when I say he doesn't need to be bitch slapped. He feels like a total idiot, and at least part of the situation would not have happened if he had know everything he injested. Unfortunately there is no FDA looking for adulterants in street drugs. And Im sure the fact that it was NYE played a big role.

The funny thing is, out of his whole group of friends, he is the last one I would expect this to happen to.

he feels extreemly bad about what he put his friends through and the management of Crobar.

I totaly respect you opinion and would say exactly the same thing if I didn't know the person and the details.

I would be willing to bet beyondo's life that he will not do it again.

shroomy- Glad to hear he is doing better. All I mean by my past statement is that people need to control themselves and learn to live alittle more reponsibly, rather than jeopordizing their own lives for the sake of "that perfect high". I am glad nothing worse came out of it and I'll be the first to vouch that we all learn from our mistakes. Hopefully your friend will too.

POD- Just because, their is a celebrity involved in a club, doesnt mean the club is above the law. That notorious club just across the street that I will not name also had a number of celebrity ties, yet they still went down, and hard. At the end of the day, do you really think that Lenny's name is on the lease of the crobar? Or is he just a "token owner" meaning he gets a cut for saying he is a part of it to the press? Regardless, no one is above the law, regardless of their stature.

Well said ICUP! Actually Lenny IS NOT an actual owner and does not appear on ANY paperwork other than some papers they all signed so he could get his piece to say it's his piece!

And having people like Puffy as clientelle is a definite insurance that no law enforcement will ever bother Crobar!(yeah right) :rolleyes::o Just the fact that these high-profile people even go there has the place crawling with undercover FBI, DEA, & ATF agents. Not to mention the IRS has every big club on lock-down these days! As far as the TWO owners (not the other managing partners), Kenny & Cal, they are both super-cool guys, but unfortunately it does not make them "above-the-law"! On the other hand... the cops(not the real authorities) turn their head because these clubs do bring in HUGE money to South Beach. But that won't stop any city or government official from closing EVEN Crobar. Tourism dollars come from the industry as a whole, not one super-duper, I'm up their ass club. If Crobar closes tomorrow(god forbid), their will be another mega-club for all of you sheep to go to next week!

Back to the original thread! As I said before, Shroomy's friend got fucked up but thank god he's O.K., and it was at a place like Crobar with people like David Silver, Ken Smith and of course Shroomy were caring enough to get him through it! And I highly doubt Kenny was looking to get PR or avoid PR by helping Shroomy's buddy... he was trying to help Shroomy's buddy!

And for anyone to think a club like Crobar, Space, or Level MAY have had 10 or so OD's in their 2 years open....WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!! I GUARANTEE AT LEAST 1 person falls out at each one of the clubs each week!!!!!!! In one way shape or form!