Clubplanet Nightlife Community

looking for clubs

ovanusguy

Deep won't be what he's looking for. It's commercialized crap, might as well be called Club 96.

If you want some genuine old-school hip-hop, check out crobar on Thursdays (like Lavos said), and also check out Level on Mondays.

Unfortunately, that's about all you are going to get down here.

Sorry about that shroomy,That was a special event.Won't happen again.Every saturday night will bring Iggy spining along with many special guest DJ'S to come and a big surprise on the horizon. Also, The upstairs Vip is being transformed into a sound proof seperate room with it's own DJ and the works.Look for alot of great new things to take place over the next 30 days.

GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE VIP ROOM......HAVE IGGY PLAY HARDER AGRESSIVE STUFF UPSTAIRS .AND HAVE THAT NOW POPULAR IVANO BELINI TYPE HOUSE UPSTAIRS ALA CROBAR.......

HERES ADVICE TO ALL NEW CLUB OWNERS NEW TO SOUTH BEACH....THE CLUBS SUCCESS RIDES ON THE DJS ..THE BLEND OF NEW GOOD DJS AND OLD ESTABLISHED "NAME" DJS ARE KEY...

CROWD FOLLOWS THE SAME PEOPLE AROUND BELLINI, GEORGE ACOSTA, EDGAR, CEDRIC GERVAIS........THEY HAVE A FOLOWING .GET THEM !!!!!!!

THEN SHOW UP YOUR "UP AND COMER" GRADUALLY ........JUST AN OBSERVATION

Thanks for the imput beyondo,Good advice.I will have a final answer on whether or not edgar will be spining with us on monday, As of friday it was 50/50. Do you know if any of the others you mentioned are available for hire and if so who's their contact. Also, what are your thoughts on Luis Diaz. Thanks

Originally posted by liquidowner

Also, what are your thoughts on Luis Diaz. Thanks

I remember Kris saying to me that she is bouncing the idea of bringing in Luis Diaz for a monthly residency. As a supporter of the local scene and ex-jetter, I would think that's a fabulous idea. What are you plans on that?

My plans are to bring in a top notch resident DJ and to keep striving to do what I can to bring a #1 party place to the table. I know that most on this board are in the know when it comes to clubs and especially clubs on south beach. It is not my goal on this board for self- promotion and by that I mean club promotion.It is however my goal to be completely in tune with the patrons and what they desire in a nightclub. I'm looking into the possiblity of Luis Diaz and many others for that matter so your imput is very important if you would like a club suited to your needs.So please forward your suggestions for they will not fall on deaf ears.Also,Be sure to go by the club on saturday night and check out the new lasers and let me know if you all like them.Thanks, Billy Shaw

LIQUID OWNER ..BRINGNG IN LUIS DIAZ WOULD BE GREAT IDEA HE HAS A VERY GOOD REP WITH THE LOCLAS HERE AND HE CAN POLISH UP NEW TALENTS LIKE IGGY AND DREW WHO ARE DOING GOOD.

THEY CAN COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER RATHER NICLEY ...ADD SOME NICE INTERNATIONAL GUESTS AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF A NICE FORMAT

MY GUESS IS JUST TO GO UP TO THEM (THE OTHER DJS) AND TALK TO THEM AND IM SURE ITS THE GAME OF BETTER OFFER ($$$)

YOU SHOULD REALLY LOOK INTO GETTING LOCAL FAVS LIKE CEDRIC GERVAIS, IVANO (ALTHOUGH SEEMS HARD NOW), EDGAR( I THINK HE'LL LAND AT BILLBOARD WITH THE NEW TEAM)

SEE WHAT BILLBOARD IS DOING THEYRE BUILDING A STRONG TEAM BEFORE THEY OPEN.

GETTING REPUTABLE PROMOTERS LIKE THE GUYS FROM HOME COOKING OR BACKDOOR BAMABY IS ALSO KEY THESE ARE PARTIES THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON SINCE THE BEACH BEACME "SOUTH BEACH"

LIVING ON THE BEACH FOR SOME TIME IVE SEEN MANY NEW OWNERS ESPECIALLY NOT ONES TO BE "LOCAL" COME IN OPEN A CLUB AND HAVE LITTLE SUCCESS.

THEY FIGURE JUST OPENING DOORS PEOPLE ARE GOIGN TO FLOCK IN....WHEN INFACT ITS THE SAME CROWD SAME PROMOTERS FOR YEARS.

I MYSELF HAVE ONLY WALKED INTO LIQUID JUST ONCE (OUT OF CURIOSITY) AND WAS LISTENING TO IGGY SPIN. PRETTY DARN GOOD.

BUT IT JUST ISNT A DRAW FOR ME ID STILL HIT CROBAR OR SPACE.

I WISH U GUYS LUCK AND AM SURE YOU WILL LEAD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SEEMS LIKE YOUR DOING ALL YOU CAN TO REASEARCH WHAT WORKS.

I PERSONALLY WOULDVE DONE IT BEFORE THE CLUB OPENED FOR HEART ATTACK PREVENTION. IM SURE IT CAN BE RATHER HECTIC (BUT FUN) TO RUN A CLUB

THAT VIP THING SOUNDS GREAT - SEE ALREADY YOUR DOING STUFF TO BUILD BUZZ OF YOUR CLUB.

OH YEAH ONE MORE THING .....DONT SAY THINGS YOUR "GOING TO DO" BEFORE ITS DONE.

IE ....BRINGING EDGAR V AND LETTING US KNOW ITS 50/50

TELL US WHEN IT HAPPENS.

BECUASE MANY DEALS FALL THROUGH (ITS NORMAL YOU DONT GET EVERYTHING) THEN YOU HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACE.

ESPECIALLY ON THE INTERNET.

IF YOUR SEEKING LUIS DIAZ ....KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT TILL YOU GET HIM. YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MIGHT SPILL GREAT IDEAS TO SOMEONE AND THEY BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH

LOTS OF LUCK

Originally posted by pod

Deep won't be what he's looking for. It's commercialized crap, might as well be called Club 96.

I don’t think he wanted a commentary, just a place that plays old skool hip hop. which "Deep" does play, along with other styles.

Originally posted by beyondo

HERES ADVICE TO ALL NEW CLUB OWNERS NEW TO SOUTH BEACH....THE CLUBS SUCCESS RIDES ON THE DJS ..THE BLEND OF NEW GOOD DJS AND OLD ESTABLISHED "NAME" DJS ARE KEY...

Does it really? I thought a club's success in Miami rides on how consistently it can attract a large contingent of scantily clad hoochies?

Get the hoochies and the tough talking guidos, more than eager to buy women overpriced drinks, will follow in double droves. Isn't that the formula for Miami club success, or am I missing something?

That's short term success...

The lasers were quite good, Liquidowner. I stopped in before I went to see Danny Tenaglia on Saturday, and saw my friend Matt and his PC saddled up next to Greg in the DJ booth. Even got to run it for a bit hehe...

answering to the original post... i am not a fan of hip hop (at all), but i once went to beehive @ nikki's (mondays) and i must admit i had an excellent time. it was a very laid back scene with chill hip hop beats... check it out for yourself, i definitely recommend it.

hi LiquidOwner,

I would suggest what Beyondo said, bring in DJs like Cedric Gervais, he is simply great, even better than Ivano (he's been playing same shit lately) plus Cedric can throw some great acid house sometimes that will make your ears bleed. On Saturday, a lot of people went to see him at Crobar and he keeps the dance floor at Nikki's packed all the time.

Another choice of mine would be the DHM guys, I think they are ready for bigger things. Go and check them out at Rain on Fridays, they love what they do and the people that follows them are "all about the music".

That's it.

Good luck!!

Lalo.