Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bloomberg and The NYClub Scene

What is your outlook and take on what the man will and will not do with the club scene?

Do you think now that he is in charge, the tension between NYC Mayors and the Club scene will lessen, or do you feel he will tighten things up even more.

I don't mean to sound rude, but the way the man gives off this aura of "I can take care of NYC with no problem, run along Guiliani" kinda scares me. The way he presents himself, is professional, but yet cocky in a way.

I might be totally off based, but I want to hear your opinions.

Maybe he doesn't even know what Sound Factory is, or what Twilo once was!

What's your opinions?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djustinh

What is your outlook and take on what the man will and will not do with the club scene?

Do you think now that he is in charge, the tension between NYC Mayors and the Club scene will lessen, or do you feel he will tighten things up even more.

I don't mean to sound rude, but the way the man gives off this aura of "I can take care of NYC with no problem, run along Guiliani" kinda scares me. The way he presents himself, is professional, but yet cocky in a way.

I might be totally off based, but I want to hear your opinions.

Maybe he doesn't even know what Sound Factory is, or what Twilo once was!

What's your opinions?

hes a self made billionaire......nuff said, he'll get the job done, and if the club scene hurts the city financialy then good by clubs!

He said he's gonna continue what Guliani started by cleaning up the city. So you might think he'll crack down even more. BUt I don't think so. Although he said he is gonna continue Guliani's efforts, he still isn't Guliani. Guliani had his own personal war with the clubs. I guess it's just wait and see.

Bloomberg is certainly no friend of the NYC club scene, and does not seem like the tolerant or patient type. This is the commonly-held notion.

Nevertheless, as a businessman, he cannot deny nightlife's clear economic benefit to the city. Look to see him continue in Guiliani's lead as firm but reasonable. I say reasonable because go travel around the country, come back and tell me where to find nightlife regulations as tolerant as ny's, not to mention a scene as off the charts.

Green on the other hand was set to hook us all UP, lol.

jB

political agenda is determined by public opinion..

the way i see it, the public is too concerned(and rightly so) w/ the tragedy, terrorism, rebuilding the city, possible recession etc. to be concerned w/ clubs at this time..

continuing a war on clubs, in the midst of all these other problems would not be a good move for the administration which is why you wont' see much scrutiny...