Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A comment about 93.1....

sgtfury

Originally posted by beyondo

JUST THE FACT THEY RIP POWER 96 (ALTHOUGH NOT CLASSY) IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO SUPPORT THEM

I don't care whether it is classy or not, because Power 96 deserves every last insult it gets! It's nice to see someone in this town insulting crappy mainstream hip-hop. This town has been about bull-shit hip-hop like Jay-Z and co for far too long.

I still maintain I'd rather hear the masses grooving to Gigi D'Agostino or Spiller - Groovejet than "H to the Izzo" or "Big Pimpin"

Originally posted by jasp182

New station identification for 93.1:

"Are you 45? Living in Hialeah? Going through a midlife crisis and looking toward x and glowsticks as a way to help you get younger chicks? Well...we're the station for you. 93.1, party music for pre-entry level clubbers. We took the dj out of dance music".

LOL I still maintain that it is aimed at 37 year old female paralegals who've had 3 kids, haven't partied in 17 years, and are still trying to squeeze their jiggly selves into these tiny skirts and blouses. Just take the Metrorail downtown one morning, you'll see what I'm talking about! Or, walk the streets of downtown at lunchtime, that should be all the evidence you need!

Originally posted by jasp182

I consider this station a joke...they diss 96 constantly, and they barely have a leg to stand on. A "dance" station is NOT what Miami needs if it's gonna be like that..."dance" music is trendy and watered down enough in Miami, dontcha think?

Maybe so - but what do you guys really expect. As Pod has been implying you are not going to get any innovations out of mainstream FM radio these days. I think this is a start, it gets dance music out there in the public consciousness.

I'm not sure what some of you expect out of a dance station - do you expect to hear John Digweed as the DJ, spinning you a continuous 9 to 5 set of prog house daily?

I don't think I've laughed this hard at a board in a while! LOL THANKS!!

I personally think the station sux. But hey, it's only been on the air for a short time, so maybe things will get better. I must say that if I had to choose between 93.1 and power 96, I'd probably take the new station (but keep the volume down..hehehe)..

I'll stick with 94.9 ZETA in the morning and my CD's for the rest of the day.....

Keep the posts comin'... they make me laugh :laugh: :laugh:

Lola:tongue: Hotass

Originally posted by phrankadelic

i just say we give it some time and see how it progresses. if they're smart, they'll have time slots set up with dj sets. but we'll see. only time will tell.

i totally agree with you, give em some time...anyhow, i found out the # to their feedback line...since there's so many opinions out there, why dont everyone give them a call and leave your thoughts and opinions..peace...

93.1 feedback line # : 305-567-5729

I think we'd all agree that, whether we like what they are currently playing or not, they are going to have to expand their playlist. Guess what station they now have blaring at my gym?? It seems to be getting a good response........but over the longer term Darude-Sandstorm every 2 hours isn't going to keep anyone listening. My problem with the station is this: it boggles my mind that with ALL the potentially radio-friendly dance music released over the past 7 years or so, that they'd limit themselves to such a playlist. There's so much they could conceivably play, that the mainstream would be into. Rapture....even with that why must they always play the SAME MIX? Why can't they throw down the Creamer/K mix, or even the deep dish mix? Delerium-Silence, out of all the mixes of that, they play the least funky, least interesting mix out of all of them.

I'm not sure the people at this station have done *any* research into the larger dance music genre at all. Otherwise they'd be playing more stuff than they currently are. If they want to survive in the long run, I think they need to take some risks and play a variety of stuff that Power would never play. For the life of me I still can't figure out why no one in this town has ever played BT - Mercury & Solace on the radio.....if there was ever a "progressive" track that the mainstream would go mad over, that is it IMO!

It's about time we get some HouZe MuZik to listen to on the radio. We have the best clubs, best venues, best promoters, and most importantly "The Best" crowd.

Now, we can at least maintain Good Vibe while parading around in taxi cabs to our favorite venues.

peace

mj