Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Done to much to go back, havent done enough to go on... (1/4 Life Crisis)

dgmodel

It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are a lot of things about yourself that you didn't know and may not like. You start feeling insecure and you wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get hot and scared because you barely know where you are now.

You start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones. What you do not realize is that they are realizing that too and are not really cold or catty or mean or insincere, but that they are as confused as you are.

You look at your job. It is not even close to what you thought you would be doing or maybe you are looking for one and realizing that you are going to have to start at the bottom and are scared. You laugh and cry with the greatest force of your life. You feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly change is the enemy and you cry and cling on to the past with dear life but soon realize that the past is drifting further and further away and there is nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward. The average ones plateau, the smart ones rise.

You get your heartbroken and wonder how someone you loved could do such damage to you or you lay in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone decent enough to get to know better. You love someone but maybe love someone else too and cannot figure out why you are doing this because you are not a bad person. One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap and getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic.

You go through the same emotions and questions over and over and talk with your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a decision. You wonder what in the hell is wrong with you.

You worry about loans and money and the future and making a life for yourself and while winning the race would be great, right now you'd just like to be a contender! We are making a lot of mistakes, but helping one another learn from them. We will piss one another off, and laugh at the end of a conversation that started.

What you may not realize is that everyone reading this relates to it and we are all in this together. We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out. We are friends, and in 10 years we will be friends who have figured out where we fit in in this world.....

Very Powerful Words !! I can certainly relate. You might want to check out The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. I have never had a book move me, as much as this one did. It helped me understand my past, and focus on the things, that are important to me.

hey bro, i know just what you're talking about. I'm 26, and just spent the last year floundering around, trying to figure out what i need/want in life. I thought I had it all figured out, but then I realized that my job was unsatisfying. It paid well, but that was about it. After about a year of that, I think I finally know what I want to do career wise. I've decided to go to school, and try to live my dream.

As for relationships, that has totally taken a back seat. I can barely handle my own shit. I don't need some one else's shit to deal with too, right now.

And friends...I have totally re-assessed all of my friendships, now that we're all a bit more mature/adult. I know who my real friends are, I know who I can trust, who I can tell my deep, dark secrets to. I know who will stand up for me. I keep those people close, like family.

I relate, so much to what you're saying and it feels good to know that i'm not the only one dealing with something like this.

Peace

... hesitant to post a reponse cause hey, what the fuck can an 18 year contribute to this... but i agree with silente... i cannot imagine what im gonna be like at 25 if im only 18 and feeling somewhat like this...

going through this whole difficulty with school cause i don't want to be there (this i know for sure) but as for where else i'd rather be i have no clue... no idea what i want to study, what i want to be... so i just feel so stuck...

as for relationships... ha! yeah i know... im still young, what do i know, blah blah blah... but i can say i've gotten my heart shattered into a million pieces and because of it i feel like i cant trust anyone, dont wanna open up... blah blah blah... :o

moonie has said enough to make a fool of herself... so shell just go and shut up now... lol

Originally posted by dcsglow

"where my mind is at, is where my soul is at, and if my minds intact, then my souls intact..."

If that's true, couldn't you argue then that the soul is no different than the mind? If the two are that inextricably linked, maybe the soul doesn't exist at all, and everything we are extends from the brain...

Originally posted by djmoonshine

... hesitant to post a reponse cause hey, what the fuck can an 18 year contribute to this... but i agree with silente... i cannot imagine what im gonna be like at 25 if im only 18 and feeling somewhat like this...

going through this whole difficulty with school cause i don't want to be there (this i know for sure) but as for where else i'd rather be i have no clue... no idea what i want to study, what i want to be... so i just feel so stuck...

as for relationships... ha! yeah i know... im still young, what do i know, blah blah blah... but i can say i've gotten my heart shattered into a million pieces and because of it i feel like i cant trust anyone, dont wanna open up... blah blah blah... :o

moonie has said enough to make a fool of herself... so shell just go and shut up now... lol

Moonie, you're totally not alone! I'm going through the exact same shit. College is a joke, but you can't do anything real without going through school....relationships are a joke, broken heart, etc etc...I'm totally in the same boat.

You're not makin a fool of yourself, hun - we're all there with ya!

Originally posted by silente

If that's true, couldn't you argue then that the soul is no different than the mind? If the two are that inextricably linked, maybe the soul doesn't exist at all, and everything we are extends from the brain...

Dammit woman, why do you do this to me! It sounded good till you had to do....THAT!

not to shoot down all the younger people that replied...but i think the big difference is that at 18 or so, you're expected to not know what you want to do. when you get to 25 or so, you feel like you should have already made that decision, and discovered yourself so to speak. when you're 18 and lost, there are career counselors at school, parents that can understand, etc. but at 25 most of the world expects you to have your shit together, and when you don't it is really overwhelming.

same goes for relationships...at 18 no one expects you to be stable, and settling down, but around 25, your friends are starting to get married, or have someone that they're really serious about. when you look around and see that you don't have any one in mind, it adds to the feeling that you're being ridden by the wave instead of the other way around.

It can be a real scary place to be.

Originally posted by entheogen8

not to shoot down all the younger people that replied...but i think the big difference is that at 18 or so, you're expected to not know what you want to do. when you get to 25 or so, you feel like you should have already made that decision, and discovered yourself so to speak. when you're 18 and lost, there are career counselors at school, parents that can understand, etc. but at 25 most of the world expects you to have your shit together, and when you don't it is really overwhelming.

same goes for relationships...at 18 no one expects you to be stable, and settling down, but around 25, your friends are starting to get married, or have someone that they're really serious about. when you look around and see that you don't have any one in mind, it adds to the feeling that you're being ridden by the wave instead of the other way around.

:o and thats why i was reluctant to even say anything... :o

I definitely dig you, entheogen, and you're totally right - there is a big difference b/t 18 and 25. But for those of us Baby Clubbers who have been hanging out with older people for awhile, a lot of our friends *are* getting married and getting their shit together. It's hard to remember sometimes (at least for me) that I'm still 5 or 6 or 10 years younger, and I don't have to be up to their level *all* the time.

So while the pressure to figure everything out might not genuinely be there, a lot of times we're inflicting it on ourselves, and we're just as stressed out.

Originally posted by entheogen8

Couldnt agree more. When I was younger, I thought by 25 I would at least be engaged but I am no where near that point. I am going to be 26 in about 2 months and still dont feel like an adult. It's so funny when I think back to being 18 and that was about 6 years ago for me!! What the hell happened?!?!?! Life has it's twists and turns and although I do bitch about all the bad things in life and life hasnt turned out the way the I thought or expected, I wouldnt change a thing. I think everything in life teaches a lesson or has some moral- whether it be a good thing or a bad thing!!!