Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I feel like spinning a nice 10 hour marathon set

I did an eight hour set at this club up in Fire Island last summer. Just depends if you have enough in your collection and if you know how to make the set evolve so people don't have to listen to the same beat for eight hours.

I started it out with Tresor style techno, then slowly progressed it into acid techno which I then blended into hard nrg, then into some hard house and a couple anthems. Then I started throwing down some hard acid breaks for about an hour before I went back to some hard techno, then blended into some tek-trance and then hard trance. Then I started easing up and started playing a progression of trance that got less and less hard before I finished with some end-of-the-night tribal.

It's fun if there's a bathroom near the booth and you got someone to get your drinks for ya. :D

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Dude, I wouldn't even get close . . . I find that my artistic licence dies after 2 hours . . 10 is mind boggling to me . .

ah um, hummm

I feel like making a comment but

hummmmm

ah

um

nevermind

Guest tilly
Originally posted by schwingep

My longest straight set is 8hr 47 min....I wanna break that and go for 10....anyone up for it???

I'll set up a venue and we'll just party like crazy

- Pete

:shades2:

Only if I can lone you some of my rekkerds.....:tongue:

Originally posted by inyourdreams

arite there jonathan :rolleyes: lol

Hey well I figured since youre on JP's jock all the time, the only way I can get you is to get up to his caliber....it's all about getting chicks, fuc the music....it's about chicks and $$$ :rolleyes:

- Pete

Heretic...thanks for the helpful advice

Till and of course I would play *anything* you requested :rolleyes:

- pete

Hey well I figured since youre on JP's jock all the time, the only way I can get you is to get up to his caliber....it's all about getting chicks, fuc the music....it's about chicks and $$$ :rolleyes:

- Pete

bwahahhahah

ya know i luv ya petey :)

there are times that i wish jonathan would skip the shit played bt 12-8 in the am, and just get to the good shit, not many people that i know actually enjoy spending 12+ hours at a club ;)

Originally posted by brooklynkid

a marathon sounds fun! Orrrr...maybe a DJ endurance contest: how long can one stand up and spin while only taking bathroom breaks (so long as a track is still playing)?:D

. . . :laugh: . . oh that would be classic . . we need to get commentators to do it . . film it and have neato overlays that show scrolling stats and "fun facts" about the DJ/Style of music that's playing . .

. . hooo boy . . i can see it now . . .

Commentator 1 : "It looks as if . . yes yes . . BrooklynKid is signaling a bathroom break . . "

Commentator 2 : ". . I don't know bob . . he's only got 2 more progressions of 8 by 4 until the drop . . . I just don't see this one . . "

Commentator 1 : ". .Yes, but The Kid has proven himself in the clutch before . . "

Commentator 2 : " . .Lets see the signal . . and it's . . "

Commentator 1 : " . . Number 1! . . whoa . . I thought it was a number two for sure . . look at him run . . "

Commentator 2 : ". . logistically, he should be able to pull it off . . no pun intended . . "

Commentator 1 : " . . Ha ha ha, none taken . . Lets see, with the shake, it should take him 30 seconds . . "

Commentator 2 : ". . Yes, the drip would be embarrasing right now . . I hear the flush . . "

Commentator 1 : " . . here he comes, with but 8 more counts on the clock . . he's on deck, stylus readied, spin back . . . . SCORE . . he drops it at the last second . . "

Commentator 2 : ". . Oh my God, in the last second . . beautiful. . this truly is a day to remember in Jockey history . . "

. . and so on . . . :laugh:

it has nothing to do with length of the set.for me its usually that i just don't wanna stop playing music and im addicted to it, and usually that "addiction" just happens to last for as long as 8 hours sometimes, straight. its not about an endurance test, its more about...how much music you have in your bag and how much you can stand to hear yourself.

Originally posted by mysterynyc

it has nothing to do with length of the set.for me its usually that i just don't wanna stop playing music and im addicted to it, and usually that "addiction" just happens to last for as long as 8 hours sometimes, straight. its not about an endurance test, its more about...how much music you have in your bag and how much you can stand to hear yourself.

not sure if anyone was debating long sets vs. short sets...and I only suggested endurance as an interesting contest. But then again, if you reread your last sentence, isn't that really endurance?

Kids....90% ready 100% confirmation will come tomorrow evening...

Looks like next Wednesday is the tentative date 6pm-4am

Man I got a lot to prepare for this one...old/new/world/breaks/blah

:D

- Pete

wednesday? wednesday? What the shit? you know I have a job!

whats the point of the marathon set if I cant stay for the whole thing?

hhuuurrrumppphh!!!

Originally posted by lavendermenace

wednesday? wednesday? What the shit? you know I have a job!

whats the point of the marathon set if I cant stay for the whole thing?

hhuuurrrumppphh!!!

:tongue:

Oh don't worry, I'm just getting in shape for some possible marathon weekend sets in the near futue.

This one is all about different styles of music

"A Different Shade of Schwinge"

Different genres encompassing everything in my collection(well not everything, thats for the 72hour set ) LOL

I'll make sure I play youre favorites when you're there though ;)