Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THe offcial' its nice that old cpers are comming back to the post!

Originally posted by majesticmelodi

well i doubt any of the new people know me and even some of the oldies have probably forgotten bout me lol... yes i did wander elsewhere for a bit but i think im back full force now.. i think.. school is tough and i dont get out much but i think im in need of a good night of partyin sooner or later.. hopin to see some new and olds heads out soon.. MMUAHHH.. lata

veronica

I remember you! :D Hope to see you out again soon girl....:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by schwingep

Honestly, I don't really see *many* of the old-skoolers around at all :confused:

Is people that started posting about a year ago considered old skool?

*Old Skool* is a term that, just like *classic* is overused especially in this industry.

OMG You saw PVD in Nov of '99???? You're OLD SKOOL BRO!!!

There are some peeps that post here that have been around for a while and you may have not seen much of, or they just post a lot less...some just lurk.

It's like clubs in general....Say if Limelight was the first regualr club you went to...then stopped going cause of other clubs, you still stop back in LL every once in a while....maybe you met some friends that go to LL regualrly and since you havent been, you stop in to see them every so often.

Where's TM when I need to discuss old skool? ;)

Like no offense whatsoever, but Az-tec I would not consider Old Skool, as for myself, I''ve been here longer but there was a *whole* group of people that started it off...When you want to talk old skool bring up when this msg board didnt even look like this (just threads), go back before CP's site was that horrible black background with the dark grey boxes with lighte grey type (tyhat I couldnt read)...I can't even remember what ther previous site looked like before that....go back to when you typed www.clubnyc.com or www.clubmiami.com....

Now let's see the old skoolers :D

- Pete

:shades2:

I don't consider myself "old skool" but I've been around a bit longer than I think most posters on here. I remember clubnyc.com, when it was considered more of an emerging webzine. I remember when it was only the 'Pulse', 'Lounge' and 'Guestlist' sections that existed.

I'm one of those people who've been lurking for the last few years, I don't post much. I joined clubnyc.com back in '97 sometime (Anyone around from pre '97?) and I re-joined the message boards back in January of '99 as my info says.

Time flies doesn't it?

peace

been to hell and back. in other words still struggling to graduate at pennst. need to get back to the city sooooon. how r u doin

Originally posted by az-tec

hey Pete.....STFU

your just bitter cause noone missed you:eek: :eek: hehehehe

NYcetouch...HOLY SHIT BRO..how u been?...long time no talk....

Who gives a shit who's old-school and what it is. This place used to be the shit, the best waste of work time other than rubbing one out in the toilets.

Many freindships were made here before everybody moved off.

There were some good times, i used to piss myself laughing most of the day.

Like no offense whatsoever, but Az-tec I would not consider Old Skool, as for myself, I''ve been here longer but there was a *whole* group of people that started it off...When you want to talk old skool bring up when this msg board didnt even look like this (just threads), go back before CP's site was that horrible black background with the dark grey boxes with lighte grey type (tyhat I couldnt read)...I can't even remember what ther previous site looked like before that....go back to when you typed www.clubnyc.com or www.clubmiami.com....

- Pete

Pete, I remember the board back then... When it was just clubnyc... I was a lurker then, until they made you properly register in order to post...

Originally posted by majesticmelodi

well i doubt any of the new people know me and even some of the oldies have probably forgotten bout me

i remember you! i met you at twilo, you had a "follow the princess" shirt on.. i didn't even realize you were majestic and you didn't know i was kitty19.. i was playing around with my stixx near you.. ;)

i also consider "old-skool" the heads that were around when this place was clubnyc.com with the red/black board. i was a lurker then as well.. but have been here since the beginning of Clubplanet.com.

i miss all the names of the people that have posted on this thread so far.. this used to be our home!! i never made it out to CP events but i was definitely posting for mad long and i was always around at twilo..

hopefully i will meet all the "older" heads (and new ones). :heart:

seeing all your names reminds me soo much of Casey (Blueangel). god bless her.

Originally posted by back2basics-

Who gives a shit who's old-school and what it is. This place used to be the shit, the best waste of work time other than rubbing one out in the toilets.

Many freindships were made here before everybody moved off.

There were some good times, i used to piss myself laughing most of the day.

yoo I remember about a year ago, when you posted on the NY board, your posts used to get me through the day @ work....I would always be cracking up at my desk and have people look at me funny :)

I was a lurker for a while too....I'd just check www.clubnyc.com for club reviews and stuff.

What happened to all the members, well besides Andrew and Dave that registered between 1995-1998? Did you guys create a new message board or something?

-D-

There are some peeps that post here that have been around for a while and you may have not seen much of, or they just post a lot less...some just lurk.

Where's TM when I need to discuss old skool? ;)

When you want to talk old skool bring up when this msg board didnt even look like this (just threads), go back before CP's site was that horrible black background with the dark grey boxes with lighte grey type (tyhat I couldnt read)...I can't even remember what ther previous site looked like before that....go back to when you typed www.clubnyc.com or www.clubmiami.com....

- Pete

Not that I was a poster back then... but you've still got Abtrakt around.... but people like Dee-c, Mike Kaos, Dmitry (as Dmitry D), rayray, Anthony (I know he's still here, keepin it old skool!), the original MsKittyNJ, Mercury, JennyOutrage (I don't think that's quite right), DIVA, Darren (what is he on RP now? he was DK then Digital K, i dunno anymore... still doing lights around the city), a coupla guys from eightball used to post, is ShawteeRoc today the old shortyroc?, Hex (as in Hector), djdan... hell, my bookmarks for this site are still "cnyc" and likely always will be. It's hell talking about "ClubNYC" and just getting a blank stare from a current board member though, makes me feel so goddamned old, when I'm really not... just started this shit way too young for my own good. ;)

ichi_thisnamecameaboutincollegesoiregistereditlongafteriwaseverreadingtheboard

Its funny...

I can relate to you gqraver , I've been on probably as long as you have.. one of the older heads.. but my posts are only 150!! I just don't say tto much.. but i read alot!!

So I'm more of a lurker... damn its strange to see head with over 2000 posts that have only been members for 6 months!!

Originally posted by az-tec

I personally never left, just cut back drastically back on my posting.....

I dont think 90% of them will ever come back, but a few pop back from time to time......

HOnestly we really were like a family.....

its almost scary how close we all were with each other..... basically everyone has moved on to other boards......

IM working on gettin sum cameo appearances here soon tho;)

hehe... We're all here -- just spread all over like Andy said!

Hell, Andy was one of the first people to even introduce himself to me on the board -- I still remember my first Twilo excursion when I met Andy, tyco, myrlin, and many many others.

Either way, the Chachster's here, still going strong... just spread a little more thin these days!

- meli -