Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Polls:how much u spend of Tolls?

I got EZ-pass I live in Jersey.. take the bridges, tunnels to get to the city and Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike to get around and about in Jersey, I spend about 30 dollars a month, and 45 during summer cause i do a lot more driving.

Originally posted by clubbingirl

over the summer i had to drive to work from hoboken, nj to yonkers, ny. OMG $9 in tolls everdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! +gas (and gas prices were soooo high over the summer) +nj tax taken out of my pay...as well as ny tax taken out.

I dunno if you paid 9 dollars with or without EZ-pass. But if you don't have EZ-pass you save A LOT of time and a little bit of money.

The reason i ask this is i had friends visiting from deep south and they were shocked to see $6 sign infront of holland tunnel and $7 infront of verrazano

they make me think about the tolls and i also think are way too expensive especially since the roads in NY/NJ are the most congested and roughest in the country.

why take battery tunnel?? take free brykln or willbg bridge.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

dont get me started on tolls!!!!!!!

3.50 for verrazano (us SI residents get a break), 3.50 each way on the Battery (now that it is only open at nights not as often) and $4 ( i think) every time i go to jersey. alltogether?? probably well over 150 a month

breakbeatz if u live in staten island. U only pay $3.50 for Verezzano , but is it true that u have to pay at least like $30 a month for that plan, even if u dont use it as much?

Im askin cuz i have a friend who lives in SI and i want him to get me a pass, but I dont really go there that often so no reason to pay $30/month if i wont use it that much. Any info?

hhaha, thats a good question... I haven't gotten my first ezpass bill yet... but i've been in the city almost every night for the since friday.....

The better question, is how much money do we pour into our gas tanks... jesus... I've filled my tank up every night this week....

Originally posted by sprincess218

That's why I ride the train!:tongue:

. . yeah, but the train can suck in expenses too . . 10 bucks round trip off-peak from Wht Plains to GCT then 4 bucks for the Metrocard for a day . . . If I had to do that 20 times a month . . it'd come out to 280 bucks . . I'm sure there's ways to save . . but oh well . .

Luckily I only use transit when I'm going into the city . . I live 15 mins from where I work in Westchester (ick . . ) and i pay nothing to get there . . . so I guess I lucked out . .

the word is that they will start charging tolls on east river crossings because of the loss of revenues in ny/nj port authority. i wonder if they start charging tolls in east river crossings, they will reduce the tolls in NJ from $6 back to $4.