Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone work with computers?

people in my office surf the net all damn day. running every stupid attatchment that comes into their email, (usually from their hotmail or yahoo accounts because most attachments are filtered, all are scanned for viruses).

The days of office jobs w/ high speed internet access and liberal corp. policies = more non-work related surfing!

So to answer your question, yes there are people on here because their job allows them, I know cuz I am one of them.

However I am the admin for my network, I do what I want.

:laugh:

Originally posted by deeprock

I don't check the boards at work. Unless I want my head handed to me. The IT people monitor what sites we're on. If it's not related to what I do, I may have to explain myself.

shit that sux they dont care here. why dont you setup a proxie ?

dont let em see. I woulden work at my job if i couldent surf.

Originally posted by doubtness

I work in the IT department, and when there's not a ticket that needs to be attend to, i go straight to Cp.com! :tongue:

Dude I am in the same boat as you, in between program requests I am here postin my heart out!

Originally posted by notallthere

shit that sux they dont care here. why dont you setup a proxie ?

dont let em see. I woulden work at my job if i couldent surf.

Why would he set up a Proxy, if he's just a end user?

Boy....you would go jobless, because you can't surf the net?

Originally posted by doubtness

I work in the IT department, and when there's not a ticket that needs to be attend to, i go straight to Cp.com! :tongue:

. . . I go to CP even when tickets are outstanding . . I train the office monkies (read: non-computer personnell) on how to fix their own minor problems, but still submit the tickets . . so I get credit and they do the work . . teee heee heee . . . That allows me to fine tune my shit on the back end so I never have to leave my office. . .

I see a lot of you guys are network admins. I was curious to what degrees you graduated with, from where, and if you have any certifications? I'm currently a senior at albany and a IT major and wondering how the job market is for network admins in the city area? Im thinking about doing the Network+ and A+ certs, do you think its worth it? Im going to be looking for a job when I move back to SI in May. Thanks!

Originally posted by dp80

I see a lot of you guys are network admins. I was curious to what degrees you graduated with, from where, and if you have any certifications? I'm currently a senior at albany and a IT major and wondering how the job market is for network admins in the city area? Im thinking about doing the Network+ and A+ certs, do you think its worth it? Im going to be looking for a job when I move back to SI in May. Thanks!

put it this way..i have about 10 years pc experience...i have a AS in networking and am a network admin making $50k + a year. Ive taken the 2k MCSE but not the tests and will test into MCSE, CNE and another 1 or so by the end of 2002. Once im done ill be upwards of $75k easily.

bling bling :)

oh and if i got a BA\BS at the same time add 10-15k to that