Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Requiem for a Dream

jbocc10

If anyone wants to see a fucked up movie about the effects of drugs check this one out (Requiem for a Dream).... It shows how the lives of 4 drug abusers turn to shit once their habits progress towards addiction. If anyone has seen it, definitly let me know what u thought about it.. i thought it was a must see... but not the type of movie that u want to see twice. Theres no 'allstar' cast, but itll definitly make u quiver once its over...

other movies about drugs i liked: traffic, BLOW, trainspotting, fear and loathing... anyone know any others??????

~~ i saw it like a week ago and after it ended i sat there and my hands were shaking!!!! then my friend comes in and goes "wanna go smoke a blunt?" and i snapped at her i was like HELL NO!!..........definetely makes u think.....i smoked a blunt the next day tho:tongue:

That movie got me so confused after it ended. Not confuse like I didn't understand the movie. Like I didn't know what to think anymore. Felt depressed. Like the world just ended. It was like a nightmare. I wasn't tripping either but it felt like watching them trip had me trippin' too. Good movie though. Makes you think twice about things.

P.S. I like how in the end they all regret it and they curled up in their bed/prison bench/coma whatever.

IT'S VERY REAL!

I bought the flick on dvd before even watching it. One of my professors required us to watch it for a class. I watched it once by myself and was quite impressed. Such a powerful message. Sort of a wake up call to America. Movies that have the capability to shock like that are works of art in my book. I was most disturbed by the mother.

Another flick i would highly reccomend if you enjoyed Requim would be KIDS. An absolute masterpiece.

Others-Chasing the Dragon, Killing Zoe.

Please watch KIDS.

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

"I'm GoNNA be on TELEViSiON...wearing MY RED DRESS..and my GOLD SHOES"

requie27.jpg

:shake: :shake:

this movie is def. one of the most disturbing things ive ever seen... i couldnt sleep afterwards cause i just kept thinking about it... esp.the scene where the mom is gettin the electro-shock... :worry2:

buuuttt~ i would def. recomend it to anyone who's never seen it... did anyone else think the cinematogrophy (sp?) was awesome?? the way they represented the drug use and whatnot.... :cool: