Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Were you a late (party) bloomer?

will considering i was a drunken mess in the middle of PA (Penn State) for four years including summers until the end of 2k my options were either a bar or cow tipping. the only "dance" place there played crap worse then ktu. Still there is something special about a place where u can see a girl take a leak off a four story balcony or even in the middle of the street. so im a late bloomer as well u can say, you couldnt drag me back there now!

Been into the music for a LONG time now, and i even started spinning before i'd gone to any real parties. My first "big" party was the Carl Cox & Danny Tenaglia night at Twilo.

Just confirmed all my expectations of what music should be :)

since then it's been one big trip

I DEFINATELY started late...

I"ve been partying since I was 18 in the college sense of the word, always out, usually drinking.. but NOT much city clubbing, just local stuff... and it was a different music scene for me.. HIP HOP, mostly....

I only started partying a little more hardcore the past year.. i was 25 when i started getting crazier, and closing clubs... i still dont' so that much.. but i can tell you b4 2001, i had never been to SF, Centro, Spa, Exit, Vinyl, etc... so you get the idea...same with the DJ's , after my first time at Vinyl, you couldn't drag me off Napster all the 'new' (to me) music I was downloading... very different scene than the HipHop one i was used too...

I dont see it ending for a long while either.. i LOVE it too much!!

I started rather late, having been "disciplined" at an all boys prep high school in long island. I only really dove into the scene head first when i got to college.

But that's ok by me. I think if i was one of those "15 yr old - pot smokin -heavy drug-abusing" adolescents, i might either be up shit's creak, or so scared that i'd be an absolute straight-edge.

Thinkin back, my first real parties were Twilo and SF Fridays, a night at ROXY seeing Leftfield and Moby, and a beach festival in Belgium seeing the likes of Portishead, roni size and others.

:D

ive always been a partier.....

starting clubbin in Philly since i live next to AC....Went to NY only a few times over the past three years since i spent most weekends drunk or hungover at frats and the like at Rutgers..

past couple of summers i spent at AC clubs and bars...

then for some odd reason, this winter break ive been in the city more than i was for the first 3 years of college..Vinyl, SF, Roxy.....doin drugs and dancin till the early hours of the morn/afternoon

i guess you could say im not a late (party) bloomer but i am new to the whole crackhead thing :laugh:

BG

I started going to parties when they were really underground parties, about 9-10 years ago. I was 15 at my first rave, and all through highschool and college, especially colege i was doing some serious partying. Now I am only 24 and I feel like I can't do it anymore. I went to the limelight on NYE and even though the music was great, I had to leave, I just can't deal with that many people. I need to have space now. I tell you this, I am still going to Boo if the have it in April. Last party I went to on Randall's Island was... the sixth element... Rabbit in the moon, Freaky flow, bassbin twins, aphrodite... hell yeah, that was a sick party.