Clubplanet Nightlife Community

More vibes from overseas

if you are coming from amsterdam to nyc, can you bring some JP cds? (not jonathan peters - the real JP). I will gladly reimburse you for time and effort - i have been trying to get ahold of anything i can find (i love dutch hardhouse).... JP@HQ came out the day i left amsterdam and couldn't find a single copy :(

peaz,

rob

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, U can give me a tracklist or sumthin'.

I'll see what I can do...just name the tracks and DJ's and I'll bring them with me...bringing a lot of cd's with me anyway.

Or you can check out audiogalaxcy, muccccccccccccccchhhhhh cheaper!!

I called some friends who are in the hardhouse scene...one of them knows JP ( Jean-Piere) in privat.....He'll toss some brand new cd's over to my suitcase...

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

I called some friends who are in the hardhouse scene...one of them knows JP ( Jean-Piere) in privat.....He'll toss some brand new cd's over to my suitcase...

WOW THAT WOULD BE LIKE MANNA FROM HEAVEN :)

I would greatly appreciate anything you can get. I met JP once at coffeeshop 222 and thought he was just someone friendly with the owners since he was spinning on their turntables. the next day was dancevalley and i just so happened to be in the tent when he came on... everyone went CRAZY so I said I had to find his music... but i couldn't find anything. everyone in amsterdam loved his music so it was sold out in EVERY cd store i went into.

i also tried kaaza (man, i love the dutch) but that didn't work either because i could only find JP - jonathan peters, the nyc house dj.

you are, in so many words, the man.

dank u vel,

rob

Originally posted by gmccookny

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is eerily scary and cute at the same time--- but i don't think i'd put my baby through that :laugh:

G, neither will I, and knowing myself , my kid will be blessed with big bugs bunny teeth...........

Just kidding.....

And Dialectics? Graag gedaan, man!

Yes, the sun is shining.......here's another tip for those who think about coming over to holland. At the 26th and 27th of July we host the Rotterdam Caribean Carneval. Last year over 750.000 people came together to dance to the different drumbands, all over town. There's a nice parade, like in Rio, with people from Brazil, Curacao, St. Martin, Aruba, Bonaire etc. I will lose my body to the rythems of the Caribean.....with a bottle of Malibu in my hand. Soon dates will be available of the Rotterdam Dance Parade..here's a pic from last year!!!

attachment.php?postid=775951

Originally posted by dafunkadelic

Addicted? What do you like so much about Holland, I can only hope it's not a drug thing...... lol

One reason: http://www.dancevalley.nl

Haha there are about a bazillion other reasons - people there are warm and friendly, have open minds. none of the drama that takes place in nyc every minute of every day. the girls are beautiful, the architecture is beautiful and the parties are incredible. after getting to know amsterdam (after getting lost for a week) you find its gems. i wanted to get my masters degree in delft, but you had to take too many classes in power engineering and i only like digital stuff.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

One reason: http://www.dancevalley.nl

Haha there are about a bazillion other reasons - people there are warm and friendly, have open minds. none of the drama that takes place in nyc every minute of every day. the girls are beautiful, the architecture is beautiful and the parties are incredible. after getting to know amsterdam (after getting lost for a week) you find its gems. i wanted to get my masters degree in delft, but you had to take too many classes in power engineering and i only like digital stuff.

peaz,

rob

Cool,

an old friend of mine...studied at Delft, air- and spacetechnology.... just before he went on to become a fighterpilot. I've been there a couple of times, amazing University.

Dancevalley is indeed a nice reason for coming over, but as a partyfunkster I must advice you to pay close attention to the Sensation event at the Amsterdam Arena aswell. A bit smaller ( 50-55.000 people) then D.V. but another highlight super party.

I'd like to think that we are warm and friendly, people from across told me that...we are also a bit to serious about certain things from time to time and to conservative in other wayz...always talking about money and how to save it. Just some basic cliches....lmao. But thanks anyway!!!

I'm so sorry I can't get you any tickets to Dance Valley.....it sold-out within 15 minutes. - 20.000 tickets where available because of last year's problems. The only way to get a hold on some tickets is to search the internet..if you're willing to pay between the $150 and $200 a ticket, and see that price go even further up.

Here's something I managed to get 4U, something that might dry your tears...... :D;)

attachment.php?postid=798415

I tried to let Jean Pierre sign it for you at his own recordshop here in Amsterdam, but he wasn't there....no hard feelings? hihi.

Better come to Exit at the 3rd to see Armin, cause that seems to be the only way I can give you this CD.. and to get some drinks from you....... ;)

attachment.php?postid=798419

THANKS FOR THE CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for JP@HQ since I was in amsterdam in august. I'm brutally excited - and everyone that works within 3 floors of my lab will be hearing JP for the rest of the semester. I have the Tom Harding cd from that series.

Don't worry about the DV tickets - I guess I didn't make it clear that I already have my tickets (i woke up at 4am, ie 10am your time) and bought tickets for me and my friends. Starting the day after last years party there was talk that they were going to scale it back - and I wanted to make sure that i could go. I hope you have gotten yours so we could meet up in your homeland too!

If I can't make it to Armin, give me a call and we can just arrange a quick meetup and i can buy you drinks then, too :)

peaz,

rob

THANKS FOR THE CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the DV tickets - I guess I didn't make it clear that I already have my tickets (i woke up at 4am, ie 10am your time) and bought tickets for me and my friends. Starting the day after last years party there was talk that they were going to scale it back - and I wanted to make sure that i could go. I hope you have gotten yours so we could meet up in your homeland too!

peaz,

rob

Smart fella, they scaled it back by 20.000 tickets, so that leaves 50.000 party people to hit the Valley.

I don't think I'll be heading for DV, I just set my mind on the nearing and far more interesting Sensation Party at the Amsterdam Arena on the 6th and 13th of July.

With an attendance of 50 -55.000 people one of the greatest parties in such a sweet setting.

They've got white night at the 6th (club, trance) and Black Edition

(hardstyle, techno) on the 13th of July.

Doors open: 21.00 till 07.00 hours

Presale: The presale will begin on the 6th of May (Special Treatment on saturday the 4th) Special treatment cards are sold at one presale adress somewhere in Amsterdam.

White:

White Edition + Black Edition ticket 90,00 + 10,00 Euro (presale adress fee)

Tickets 45,00 + 10,00 Euro (p.a.f.)

Special Treatment tickets (just 1000 available) cost the same as regular tickets, but you get some extra's from ID-T...and last year that was drinking for free.

Sensation Deluxe tickets (= V.I.P.) and for DaFunk ;) cost 90,00 + 10,00 Euro (p.a.f.)

Sensation Deluxe contains the following:

- private entrance at the mainbuilding of the ArenA

- extra room with 5 different DJ's that will perform at the

mainstage.

- extra lounge with 4 different lounge DJ's

- entrance to the Royal Tribune

Black:

There will be no deluxe tickets available by that time , I guarentee all of you!!

The organisation blesses all of us party people with a free DVD registration, shipped a few weeks after the event.

A free subscription for one year to the brand new ID&T Sounds, Lifestyle And More magazin (once a month).

The only thing to get those extra's is to apply to their website after you bought your ticket ofcourse.

Minimum age: 18

Barcode system for the tickets, meaning that you can only get acces to the gatenumber from your ticket.

No Wardrobe: why would you need a jacket?

Excited? Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, need more?????

Here's the Line Up for this years event

White Edition in order of performance

- Erick E

- Jean

- Johan Gielen

- Armin van Buuren

- Marcello

Black Edition in order of performance

- Michel de Hey

- Marco V

- Chris Liebing

- Mauro Picotto

- Dana

Your life will never be the same........

yeah i have the video from sensation last year - and also the 2-disc set. marco v with the violinists and the singer going live - that must have been amazing... unfortunately i won't be able to make it to nl in july :(

dressed in white...

Sorry Rob, but it was Rank 1 that used violinists and a singer.

They had the Sensation 2002 theme, with Such is Life. They had a great show with some scary video fragments of an execution.

Marco V performed after Rank 1. ID&T even brought there own show on the prodigy's Smack my b.... up....together with a lot of fireworks.... the last one to close the party was Michel de Hey...

at that time....we had to celebrate the sunlight....since it came thru the ArenA's roof. Not that anybody stopped dancing when the sun shined on us.

It's nice to see you're so involved with our dance-scene, to bad you can't make it to Sensation, you would love it.

Anyway I'm preparing myself for my flight to JFK. I'll be at my hotelroom at midnight your time. I don't know if I'm getting close to a pc during my visit so I think it might be wise to leave a message at my hotel, incase you can't make it to Armin.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here we go.......

I want all of you to buy tickets for Sensation it's going to be the best party in the world (respect to all partyorganisers, but there can be only one!! ).

Second I want you to keep one name in mind

Brainpower

A lyrics-freak, Amsterdam's native and MC in full effect...

I first met him at Paradiso Amsterdam for the Grote Prijs van Nederland (dutch tallent show). He just got his degree from The University of Amsterdam so please don't try to outsmart him.

As we speak the little brother with the dope lyrics has produced 5 singles and 5 video's in and around The Netherlands..making his English debut in just a matter of time..

I know the U.S. is the place to be , like Mekka's for the Muslims and some of you might not feel interrested in his dutch lyrics but the vibe is global and from overseas so I had to post it. Brain is switching to English as we speak and has taken us by storm, first simply owning the talentshow and then some great guest performances to go with is own tour.

Here's a pic with his master of the tables TLM (left).

attachment.php?postid=823724

Hey all of you, how's life? Sensation is sold-out 100.000 tickets!!!

Crazyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Two nights of the best Dj's in their own setting. Got myself V.I.P. tickets woohoo!!

Anyway, I want to tell you about another great festival.

it's called the North Sea Jazz Festival, pre-sale starts Sat. the 18th of May. I will be there...since I just love music that much.

Three dayz of true legends!!

A one day ticket costs 50 euro and a three day pass 125 euro.

Here's a glims of this years line-up.

Herbie Hancock, Youssou N'Dour, David Sanborn, Angie Stone,

Al Jarreau, Zuco 103, St. Germain, Oleta Adams, Candy Dulfer,

Gino Vanelli, Chaka Khan, Ike Turner, Stanley Clark....

just to name a few... for all details check their site, it's on

www.northeseajazz.nl

attachment.php?postid=831302