Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bay ridge?

well, i lived there for a couple months about a year ago

its really nice

Joe and Leo's pizza on 3rd ave and 89th

Lily's on 3rd and 89th has food and a good bar scene

G lounge tends toward the younger / cheesier

Crimson Lounge is cool - slightly older crowd

There's an old fire station down around 75th and 3rd that has a good bar scene...

can't remember other names

there are great restaurants in the 80's on third too

and Arirang (sp) on 4th and 89th is a big ass hibachi place that's cool for big groups.

have fun!!!

I live in Bay Ridge rite now...and the bar Barvybe was talkin about on 75 and 3rd is called Salty Dog, never been there though

Bay Ridge is pretty much full of lounges...the only thing u can consider a "club" is Rio, but its not that good...u r better off goin to the city

I cant think of other clubs here rite now...tomorro i will give u names

Hey, i'm on 88th tween Ridge and colonial.

Blue Zoo is a decent place that gets pretty packed. Crimson is decent, older crowd but cool. Wicked Monk for just a Bar. Rio is the latin club of choice.

Leo and Joes is good, but PIZZA WAGON is the shit! best pizza ever. Its on 86th and 5th, right around the corner from Century. I work at Griswolds on 78th, which is good food, but definitely NOT your 'fun' crew (30-40 somethings) but good food! =]

PM me if you want any more info.

Well, I've lived in Bay Ridge for over 2 years and have braved the nightlife many times, so here are my thoughts/recommendations:

First of all, everyone is right, its NOT Manhattan, so keep that in mind! Also, if you hate the crowd at places like Sound Factory or Exit (i.e what people on this board fondly refer to as "guidos & guidettes"), I would not recommend going out in Bay Ridge! But, if you're like me and you think Italian guys are the hottest things on earth, you're gonna enjoy it. ;)

My personal favorite place is Muses, the cafe/lounge on the corner of 84th and 3rd Ave. Its best on Fridays; there's a $5 cover but its worth it... its dark, loungy, comfy and there are usually attractive people there. Plus the music is good: usually progressive house.

The Blue Zoo, which is right across the street from Muses, is also cool.

Also in the same vein, 2 other nice lounges are Plush and Crimson Lounge, also both on 3rd Ave. Delia's over on 4th Avenue is also a classy spot.

If you're looking for a younger crowd, check out the Salty Dog on 3rd btw Bay Ridge Parkway & 75th. I swear, no one there is 21! Its a fun place to go for a laugh (try playing "spot the biggest chain," get wasted and get hit on by 17 year olds...seriously, the crowd is a mix of Meadow Soprano and Jackie Jr. look alikes. Anyway, the Salty Dog is a trip and is definitely somewhere you should go at least once, if you want a taste of Bay Ridge.

I haven't been to g, but I've heard its pretty cheesy and is basically Salty Dog with a dress code and a velvet rope.

If you like "bar" bars, Judge & Jury on the corner of 79th & 3rd is a low key place for a drink after work (my boyfriend loves hanging out with the old timers), plus a DJ spins house, trance & hip hip on the weekends and the place gets PACKED. The Wicked Monk on 5th is also cool, but also tend to be a younger, more rowdy crowd.

If you want to go to a less crowded bar, my boyfriend & my favorite place to end the evening is an Irish bar that is I think on the corner of 3rd and 88th... I think its called Fitzpatrick's or something but anyway, its a big Irish bar with tons of seating that's never even half full. The drinks are cheap, its dark & romantic and its a nice alternative to more crowded spots, especially when you actually want to have a conversation!

As for clubs, I really haven't been out to any in a couple years. My friends and I once braved Enigma (which I think is now Panache) on 65th and 14th or so, which was basically Bensonhurst High School's teen night. Some of my guy friends like Gazebo and Rio, but Brooklyn "clubs" all tend to be pretty cheesy.

A couple other places of note: if you want great pizza and a have a hilarious night, check out karoake night at Goodfellas restaurant (3rd Ave and 95th or so) on Saturdays. SO funny! Last time I was there, it was just me, my best friend and a table full of mobsters and their dates. After a marathon of Sinatra songs, my best friend got up sang a horrible version of "Kiss You All Over" and they sent us over a bottle of champagne! Check it out with a bunch of friends.

Also, in the summer, a great "see and be seen" place is the backyard of Omonia Cafe on 3rd Ave & 76th Street. Get dessert & a big fruity drink and have fun checking out all the young hot things before you head out to a bar or to the city. Its also a great place for a date!

Restaurants... there are so many awesome ones.... Areo gets the most attention; its like a city restaurant, very trendy and expensive. The bar scene there is the most fierce in Bay Ridge... quite a meat market, but at least a well-dressed one! The Pearl Room is also a nice spot for dinner, although a little overpriced. Arirang is a cool hibachi place, very fun to go with friends, as is Goodfellas. My personal favorite though is Wolf & Barry on 3rd & 72nd... amazing food, great prices & in the summer they have a very private, romantic backyard to eat in.

Finally, technically this isn't in Bay Ridge but for a real taste of Brooklyn, check out L&B Spumoni Garden on 86th Street... great pizza and a great scene!!!

Hope that helps... enjoy my neighborhood! :)

Alexandra

• 1 month later...

Delia's on 93rd and 3rd is pretty good on Thursdays nice place to just chill. Crimson is also good. 101's on 101s and 5th (I think) has good food and nice crowd across the street from there is Potzo's which some people love but I dont pariticularly like

Originally posted by mjp22

Delia's on 93rd and 3rd is pretty good on Thursdays nice place to just chill. Crimson is also good. 101's on 101s and 5th (I think) has good food and nice crowd across the street from there is Potzo's which some people love but I dont pariticularly like

my friend used to rob hundreds of dolars worth of beer and liquor from delias basement.... my friend just walked down there and came up with cases of beer , and he always took a huge bottle of moet at the end ....... the kid was an idiot and doesnt hang out with me or my friends anymore:blown:

i live in bay ridge :) what street are u on?

well we got 3 clubs in the surrounding area... Rio on 93rd, Gazebo on 93rd across the street and Midnight Butterfly on the corner of 93rd ;) then there are shit loads of lounges down 3rd ave. Areo is a trendy hangout for richpeople which is on 85th str and 3rd ave. u'll always see hotttttt ass cars there. there are 2 pool halls. Status Q on 83rd and 3rd and Breakball on the second floor of 86th str between 5th and 6th ave. um... bars are all on 5th ave. shopping is on 86th str which you prolly already know. if u got more questions pm me :)

Originally posted by liqidxtc

i live in bay ridge :) what street are u on?

well we got 3 clubs in the surrounding area... Rio on 93rd, Gazebo on 93rd across the street and Midnight Butterfly on the corner of 93rd ;) then there are shit loads of lounges down 3rd ave. Areo is a trendy hangout for richpeople which is on 85th str and 3rd ave. u'll always see hotttttt ass cars there. there are 2 pool halls. Status Q on 83rd and 3rd and Breakball on the second floor of 86th str between 5th and 6th ave. um... bars are all on 5th ave. shopping is on 86th str which you prolly already know. if u got more questions pm me :)

holy shit bro, i'm in bay ridge too!!

yo u wanna meet up sumtime, go chill at a pool hall or maybe hit up a club?

:laugh: :laugh: