Clubplanet Nightlife Community

drugs vs music

is there anyone else out there that just simply loves the music enough to lay off the pills, the k, the freaking speed for one nite and be coherent enough to actually have a good time and hold a conversation...im not bashing ppl that do cuz i would have to bash myself but...im tired of hearing that ppl have to get fucked up to have a good time..i hate it??? has the drugs consumed the party scene a little bit too much

:bounce:

CD

I think most people on boards like this are into the music enough to love it without drugs (otherwise you'd be on the drug board).

I definitely could do without them... not to say they're not fun once in a while.

Also, the drug scene is a LOT more prevelant in NYC than it is in a lot of other cities (not all of them, but a lot of them)... especially K

Originally posted by sassa

Definitely. But drugs make music just a little bit more interesting...especially weed.

lol, good point. but i def prefer to go for the music now and forget about the drugs. drugs just got played out, and boring, and also a waste of money. but the beatz just keep gettin better

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I think most people on boards like this are into the music enough to love it without drugs (otherwise you'd be on the drug board).

I definitely could do without them... not to say they're not fun once in a while.

Also, the drug scene is a LOT more prevelant in NYC than it is in a lot of other cities (not all of them, but a lot of them)... especially K

well pinpointing on the first sentence of your comment, that is irrelevant to which board who posts on, it could be a doctor lawyer board, and they could do drugs as well, drugs are seemingly a part of everyones life at one time or another whether illegal or not, the point of the topic was is drugs overtaking the scene and are ppl just going to clubs to have an "atmosphere" to do drugs in rather than enjoy the music..honestly if you are in a k hole..you cant possibly be like hell yeah this music on point..your freaking miserable waiting for the shit to pass through..

CD

Whats up chynadoll!!

Did I bring this about?? Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about. I told you about those former Twilo heads who are completely into the music, BUT they just don't have fun unless they are messed up. "We went to PVD one time, it was boring being sober." I"m the complete opposite, no drugs for me. But a little alcohol never hurt anyone. See ya soon. :D

Don't get me wrong I love music and have gone to clubs many times w/o drugs because I love the music. But if I'm going to do drugs, I'd much rather do them at a club.... I love the atmosphere at a club when on drugs. It is fun to do drugs at a club. Doing drugs at home is boring as hell.... Would you rather be at a club or hang out and watch TV on E??? Drugs are meant to be used at clubs, just like alcohol is meant to be used at bars....If you're home drinking alone, then guess what....you're an alcoholic. Wouldn't the same rule go w/ drugs???

All I'm saying is if you're going to do drugs... do them at clubs not at home!!! You damn druggies

Originally posted by mugwump

DIG THE MUSIC KIDS!

(and the red bull)

The ones that have been loving the music

for over a decade (Like myself) learned

one thing:

It's all about the pounding system..

everything else are just details!

I agree with MuGz here... I've always loved music 4 tha music, drugs were just a side pleasure...kind of like going out to see a movie and buying popcorn...you don't NEED it, but it's fun to have alongside a movie.

From time to time i'll puff on some cheeba when i go out, but that's about it. Marijuana is mild enough to not get me absent-minded, yet effective in order to unleash the inner vibes interpreted through Good Music

BTW::: Listen to Daft Punk's Alive album, and you will get a natural high from listening to their creative abilities. (Thanks 4 the suggestion, Maudy:D

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I have to disagree... based on my experience in other cities, and other people's experiences... drugs are very intimately related to the club/rave scene pretty much everywhere... I really wouldn't say NY is necessarily worse. Part of it has to do with the age factor. For those under 21 it's often easier to get a hold of drugs than alcohol... regardless of what scene you're talking about (clubs, concerts, simply hanging out...)

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Drugs are meant to be used at clubs, just like alcohol is meant to be used at bars....If you're home drinking alone, then guess what....you're an alcoholic. Wouldn't the same rule go w/ drugs???

Ooooo kay... Interesting analogy... :blank:

Granted drugs got me into the music in the first place... but then the music took over and I don't do club drugs anymore. I prefer to club sober and feel alot better the next day because of it. Surprisingly I can go longer off drugs than on them... caffine is another story. horray for energy drinks!!

Originally posted by pumavisor808

Don't get me wrong I love music and have gone to clubs many times w/o drugs because I love the music. But if I'm going to do drugs, I'd much rather do them at a club.... I love the atmosphere at a club when on drugs. It is fun to do drugs at a club. Doing drugs at home is boring as hell.... Would you rather be at a club or hang out and watch TV on E??? Drugs are meant to be used at clubs, just like alcohol is meant to be used at bars....If you're home drinking alone, then guess what....you're an alcoholic. Wouldn't the same rule go w/ drugs???

All I'm saying is if you're going to do drugs... do them at clubs not at home!!! You damn druggies

good analogy but not a good enough analogy first off the difference is between teh fact that drugs are illegal and drinking is legal and is more accepted being drunk then mangled in teh corner...at least when ur drunk you can move still and dance..unless ur completely hammered..but drugs have different effects and usually knock ppl off their feet and obliterate your mind..like i said im not knocking drugs but dont let that consume you come for teh music not for a place to do drugs that just sounds like ur making the club scene into a crackhouse...you might look like a dork dancing and even on drugs you might look like a dork , hell without any drugs and drinking you might look like a dork..:laugh: the point is enjoying the music...plain and simple i rest my case

CD

Originally posted by jennEfer

Granted drugs got me into the music in the first place... but then the music took over and I don't do club drugs anymore. I prefer to club sober and feel alot better the next day because of it. Surprisingly I can go longer off drugs than on them... caffine is another story. horray for energy drinks!!

Word!

I stomp for hours on energy drinks..

So much better than sitting around

grinding my teeth or looking like some

passed out dumb ass in a K-hole!

But to each his/her own vices!

THE MUSIC ALWAYS GETS ME "HIGH"

and most of the time..

That's enough for me!

(Glad you liked the DAFT PUNK LIVE CD PAPA SMURF!)

;)