Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Howells......WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?!

Originally posted by mysterynyc

yeah..and unfortunately...international DJ's highly underestimate the NYC crowd so they don't spin as well as they would in say: Ibiza...or London...or Amsterdam.

WHAAAAAAAAAA?? Dude you're so wrong its unbelievable. Where else in the world do dj's play 4-6+ hour sets on a regular basis? The pro's know that the nyc crowd are some of the most musically edjumucated out there, and they play to impress. give an example of how they dont bang shit out as hard, and maybe i can see where you're coming from. think about it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jayp

WHAAAAAAAAAA?? Dude you're so wrong its unbelievable. Where else in the world do dj's play 4-6+ hour sets on a regular basis? The pro's know that the nyc crowd are some of the most musically edjumucated out there, and they play to impress. give an example of how thwy dont bang shit out as hard, and maybe i can see where you're coming from.

has nothing to do with "bangin shit out hard" lol.

They played more intricate stuff when i was abroad...for example in Amsterdam. Alot of Tribal...Dubby....Funky...techy....it was more geared around the musical aspect as well as the beat...as opposed to just pounding bass and sheer repetitiveness.

Dance music DOES have to be repetitive...BUT...there also has to be a musical aspect.

has nothing to do with "bangin shit out hard" lol.

They played more intricate stuff when i was abroad...for example in Amsterdam. Alot of Tribal...Dubby....Funky...techy....it was more geared around the musical aspect as well as the beat...as opposed to just pounding bass and sheer repetitiveness.

Dance music DOES have to be repetitive...BUT...there also has to be a musical aspect.

next time stick around more than an hour into his set. 5-8 was more or less everything you described. to the point where he played like 2 or 3 disco house tracks.

and techy??? TECHY??? he played a full hour of straight up techno for chrissake. his sets are anything but repetitive. they're formulaic, but far from repetitive

Originally posted by siceone

mysterynyc I guess no one will say it so I guess I will what we are trying to say is you dont know what the fuck you are talking about...

and if you want to get into opinions about Dj's I've got a special one for you.. you suck as a DJ and thats why people dont find you critiques credible...

Just my opinion

:laugh: :laugh: Man you guys are rippin this kid a new asshole...

people, people for fucks sake, stop the juvenile drama. mystery has a point. its not the songs that DH dropped its the style, the way he creates the energy. most of you probably had a blast to DHs set, and hes an excellent dj, but you go see a dj because you generally have an idea of what kind of music will be played. you dont go for Danny Tenaglia to hear progressive "Tiestoish" trance, you go because you know DT will play dark, sexy tribal sounds. offcourse the bottom line is people had fun, but mysterys point is that his expectations werent met, thats all. DH is a great dj though, by the way, this same case applies to Oakenfold. that dude playes amazing sets in Ibiza, Gatecrasher, etc, but sucks in NYC. why?

Originally posted by ReginaP

Hmmm...perhaps you should go back to Amsterdam, mysterynyc.

I had a great fucking time last night...danced my ass off, and as usual was great seeing everyone :D

another defensive person. You don't even know how huge of a Danny Howells fan I am. calm down with your sending me back to Amsterdam bit.

yeah..and unfortunately...international DJ's highly underestimate the NYC crowd so they don't spin as well as they would in say: Ibiza...or London...or Amsterdam.

I don't know...............I made my rounds throughout Europe for over 4 months and all I can say is the DJ's sets sounded the same across the Atlantic as they do over here???? In fact most DJ's have already won over the UK and European audiences, and have yet to break the American market, it would only make sense for them to throw down top-shelf sets over here. I saw Danny in London, and I saw Danny @Vinyl for New Years.........not much difference.

Originally posted by joeygk

I don't know...............I made my rounds throughout Europe for over 4 months and all I can say is the DJ's sets sounded the same across the Atlantic as they do over here???? In fact most DJ's have already won over the UK and European audiences, and have yet to break the American market, it would only make sense for them to throw down top-shelf sets over here.

yeah wouldn't it? lol

hey

all i have to say is last nite was my first time ever hearing him....and i thought he was so good. incredible....but my dickhole freinds ruined my nite and i had to leave at like 5 so it was barely nothing that i heard. but the stuff i did hear was great. the rest of my nite sucked. blah.

j =)

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

I can feel the love on this thread......:rolleyes::love:

Danny Howells is siccckkkkkk......Enough said....:D

yeah..cuz everyone is SUPER defensive. I love DH. he's the man.

Cant wait for his Kinkyfunk production shit to be released as well as his Science Dept. stuff.

Cant wait for his Kinkyfunk production shit to be released as well as his Science Dept. stuff.

.. it's out on Yoshi , promo only ...

& i'm not sure i know what you mean OR

for that fact, you know what you mean

it's, science department - kinkyfunk ..

what other science dept. stuff are you talking about?!

on the Noc Freq CD...the track is called Kinkyfunk so is the artist(s).

i guess Dick Trevor and him changed it from Science Dept to Kinkyfunk...

unless im wrong and its Science Dept. pres. Kinkyfunk.

i dont know dammit lol.whatever. either way its good stuff.

this again is your opinion... seems like the majority of the crowd enjoyed the set so how did he underestimate the crowd???

So basically since you weren't satisfied with his set, he all of the sudden underestimated the crowd???

I mean i can't speak from experience with this one but i will go out on a limb to say that Many International DJ's spun as good if not better at Twilo as they do anywhere else in the world.

Seems like a classic case of "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

Originally posted by blaznny

this again is your opinion... seems like the majority of the crowd enjoyed the set so how did he underestimate the crowd???

So basically since you weren't satisfied with his set, he all of the sudden underestimated the crowd???

I mean i can't speak from experience with this one but i will go out on a limb to say that Many International DJ's spun as good if not better at Twilo as they do anywhere else in the world.

Seems like a classic case of "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"

omg can we drop this assumption of my thoughts already. everyone is taking implications where there aren't any on this board. wow. stop being so defensive.forget it.its not a big deal.who gives a rats ass what i think.im one person.

YO I SWEAR TO FUCKING CHRIST THIS NEEDS TO GET FUCKING MOVED TO THE DRAMA BOARD CAUSE THIS KID STILL RUNNING HIS MOUTH AND I AM FUCKINGGGGGGG TIRED OF THESE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND THIS GOING BACK AND FORTH BULLSHIT ...JUST GIVE IT UP ALREADY BRO!!!!!!!

Originally posted by quoth

YO I SWEAR TO FUCKING CHRIST THIS NEEDS TO GET FUCKING MOVED TO THE DRAMA BOARD CAUSE THIS KID STILL RUNNING HIS MOUTH AND I AM FUCKINGGGGGGG TIRED OF THESE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND THIS GOING BACK AND FORTH BULLSHIT ...JUST GIVE IT UP ALREADY BRO!!!!!!!

I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT AS WELL. I SAID ONE THING AND EVERYONE GOT SO DEFENSIVE. JUST DROP IT ALREADY!!!!!.