Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl is for everyone.

Day in and day out I am beginning to read posts, and threads of people stating their petpeaves which are beginning to arise at the place some call their second home, Vinyl.

The truth of the matter is, Vinyl is the last underground club remaining in New York City. The lighting is little to nothing, the sound is something we could all strive to make better, but the aura and atmosphere and the music that is played there is with no question, the best music that the East Coast can offer.

Reguardless of whether it is Vinyl, or it is the mainstream Sound Factory. Attitude will be there. Drugs will be there. Juiceheads will be there. As we all notice, yes, it's obviously becoming more "to the eye" at club Vinyl. But you know what, who cares?

Once again, it's the last underground club remaining in New York. MAKE THE BEST OF IT! Look what happened to Twilo! We have to make the best of what the situation is!

As far as the drugs staying home, people let's be realistic, yes I agree to keep them at home to a certain extent, but its a club. Drugs are more prevalent at a club, then in most normal circumstances. As far as the attitudes, shit, you gotta just laugh, and let it slide by you. If we let the attitude get to us, then we are the ones who missed out on a good night at Vinyl. Shit, give them a smile back! When someone bumps into you, YOU say sorry.

I dont mean to sound rude, but it seems like the Vinyl people have a chip on their shoulder or a grudge with new people coming to the party. It's still a wonderful place, just make the best out of it ya know? We only hav eso much time left before something happens and it's gone. MAKE THE BEST OF IT! BE THE BETTER PERSON AND SMILE BACK!

Guys and girls, its clubland. Not everything is going to go perfect and the way we all want it to weekend in, and weekend out. And thing about the very DJ we goto hear every Friday, he must be so happy that now he can play to a packed house!

So once again, let's make the best of it, and enjoy what is left.

I hope this doesn't start any drama and so forth. I just want to enjoy what we have now, in front of our face, and for the 10000 time, make the best of it.

and maybe i am a spikey black haired muscle boy, who on occasion goes to SF, but you know what, i definately "make the best" of the night, and just go with the flow. as i hope the rest can do. im sorry for those that deal with the "bullshit" but its life.

Thanks

Justin Higgins

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

vinyl is nowhere near the last "underground spot"

and twilo lost the underground feel long before it was

shutdown..

-z

Yeah is definetely not underground anymore. Well said though, if Vinyl didn't have the tough guys running around in there it would be easier on everyone. Let's hope Vinyl is going to be around for a while. It's one of the only venues around with such a great atmosphere. Let's hope it stays that way.

this is all going on now.. b/c there is not much to do Fri nights. Wait until the next party starts and all those people that nobody wants will move on..

but the whole point of vinyl is be yourself, and i think its very hipprocritical to attend danny's partys and say who can and can not be there?? just b/c you think you were there first

how about this...

instead of complaining about vinyl or bringing it more into the spotlight by discussing it all over the boards, just let it be.

the more we talk about it and bring it up and argue over it, the more interest we generate in the venue, and if you want to keep it underground and a good chill atmosphere, then just let it go.

no more huge argument posts about who it belongs to or any of that crap. just let it be.

those who really love it and really want to be there will find out about it and go.

those who dont care, wont

Originally posted by cintron

how about this...

instead of complaining about vinyl or bringing it more into the spotlight by discussing it all over the boards, just let it be.

the more we talk about it and bring it up and argue over it, the more interest we generate in the venue, and if you want to keep it underground and a good chill atmosphere, then just let it go.

no more huge argument posts about who it belongs to or any of that crap. just let it be.

those who really love it and really want to be there will find out about it and go.

those who dont care, wont

my thoughts exactly. listen to this wise man.

...for people who attend and love a place such as vinyl...and like justin said with a theme "be yourself"...u guys don't seem very accepting of OTHER people!?!! i mean it just seems like...because u may not get all dressed up and all that other crap that is stereotyped with a lot of clubs...that u can exclude and judge other people yet not be labeled 'snotty' for it! in my opinion this is a poor representation of a 'crowd' that is supposedly promoting the "be yourself" motto.. should it be changed to...

"be yourslef as long as WE approve"?!

Originally posted by djustinh

Damn, I'm sorry I started the thread.

"underground this, underground that"

myyyyy baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

bla.. don't pay attnetion to any of these peopel bro..

vinyl is a *relatively* underground club, that is if you think there even is an underground around here anymore.. i'd love to hear what people consider to actually be "underground"....

Originally posted by misk

...for people who attend and love a place such as vinyl...and like justin said with a theme "be yourself"...u guys don't seem very accepting of OTHER people!?!! i mean it just seems like...because u may not get all dressed up and all that other crap that is stereotyped with a lot of clubs...that u can exclude and judge other people yet not be labeled 'snotty' for it! in my opinion this is a poor representation of a 'crowd' that is supposedly promoting the "be yourself" motto.. should it be changed to...

"be yourslef as long as WE approve"?!

interesting point.. but i dont' think anyone precluded vinyl peeps from being 'snotty'...

kinda hard to be underground when about 90% of youngstahs listen to electrnoic music now (yes, i made that number up!)

but in reality, these people who bitch that vinyl is "their" place and that they dont want "posers" in there, blah, blah, blah, in my eyes they are just as bad as the juiceheads who mess up the scene. bottom line, the vibe is created by friendliness and everybody accepting each other. havent heard anyone use the phrase PLUR in a looooooong time.

its interesting, and kinda sad, how the vibe in clubs has taken a turn. i guess thats what happens when things become toooo commercial

anyway, i think people better start realizzing that its all about having a good time, regardles of which crowd you are a part of.

i dont like bashing in general, whether its draper bashing, or those elitist music connoseurs (mysterynyc this means you!!!), or anybody who hates on anyone else in the scene.

P - peace

L - love

U - unity

R - respect