Clubplanet Nightlife Community

longest set by jp, dt, or jv

Junior Vasquez did 48 hours at the Sound Factory 1995 when he announced it was the last party.

No wait,it was another time his birthday his set was 72 hours,that was back in 93 or 94.party ended early monday morning from saturday.....the staff ordered a bunch of pizza pies.

Originally posted by anthony

Junior Vasquez did 48 hours at the Sound Factory 1995 when he announced it was the last party.

No wait,it was another time his birthday his set was 72 hours,that was back in 93 or 94.party ended early monday morning from saturday.....the staff ordered a bunch of pizza pies.

guy i work with told me about that one, said it was nuts, people were going home after a day to sleep and shower and eat and then going back and shit.

this is why they call factory, sound pharmacia and cracktory... crackhead.. drugs will do that to ya.. lol.. I think its so weird... I go to clubs late and stay late-early-whatever and I try my best to describe "after hours" to like my parents or people i work with and they dont get it!!! I dont understand why, Its an easy concept :confused:

Originally posted by bebby6919

whatever and I try my best to describe "after hours" to like my parents or people i work with and they dont get it!!! I dont understand why, Its an easy concept :confused:

why would you try and describe "after hours" to your parents???

Originally posted by chris817

why would you try and describe "after hours" to your parents???

why not?? lol. My parents are mad cool. I have a good relationship with my parents. I always tell them whats going on. I dont mean i tell them about all the drugs and stuff (but thats common sense). I mean just how clubs usually close at 4 and then its after hours.. and then you get all the questions. Like when I was going to SF> I told them Im going to my friends apt in NYC, sleeping till 4 and going around 5, 6am and I'll bea home around 11am.. they were all confused.. lol Its all good tho

Originally posted by bebby6919

this is why they call factory, sound pharmacia and cracktory... crackhead.. drugs will do that to ya.. lol.. I think its so weird... I go to clubs late and stay late-early-whatever and I try my best to describe "after hours" to like my parents or people i work with and they dont get it!!! I dont understand why, Its an easy concept :confused:

walking out of the Shack sunday night was a weeeeeeeeeeird feeling.....knowing that i had been in there for over 13 hours while the rest of the world was in church, shopping, and gooing about their daily business.....and then i was leaving all cracked out while many were already asleep for work the next day

weird shit

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

walking out of the Shack sunday night was a weeeeeeeeeeird feeling.....knowing that i had been in there for over 13 hours while the rest of the world was in church, shopping, and gooing about their daily business.....and then i was leaving all cracked out while many were already asleep for work the next day

weird shit

BG

uh huh...

Originally posted by anthony

72 HOURS?!?! I dunno, that sounds sorta like an urban legend to me. :shaky:

But if it's true (or even the 48 hours- shit!) then there's quantifiable proof that that bitch is the undisputed king (queen) of nightlif! :D :D

Originally posted by raver_mania

Quality over quantity, people, quality over quantity.

I'd rather listen to a condensed 7 - 10 hour set of high quality rather than a 40 hour set of mediocre value (there is a lot of filler stuff in these long sets).

Yeah, for example... JP played Zombie Nation during the middle of his set to clear the floor. I understand why he'd have to do that, but in no circumstances (other to flat-out END a party and send EVERYONE home) should that song be played in a club.... or anywhere else for that matter.

Great examples of long sets with no filler... Sasha and Digweed.... they NEVER have played a song to clear a room. Why would they when everyone's having such a good time??

Ron Hardy used to play 72 hour parties at the music box in Chicago. And i think the Paradise Garage closing party went on for a few days with Levan in charge the whole time. So its all been done before. Then again, they're both dead, so...

Originally posted by perskription

after jp's birthday i was thinking how long jp junior, or dt have spun for 25 hours is a long time but with a little help from snif snif crystal it's not as bad

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone, but crystal is *bad*...my ex and I broke up because he was(or still is) addicted to it. He tried to get me hooked on it on New Year's but I didn't feel the effects of it so I didn't want anymore especially after I saw what it was doing to him. He was totally paranoid, his face started to break out a little, he lost so much weight from not eating, he had a blister on his lip from smoking it, he'd sleep for an hour like every other day or so, he totally distanced himself from me. Sorry I just had to let that out...oh well whaddya gonna do??!! :mad::(:blank: