Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnny Vicious vs. PVD

Who is the more animated DJ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the more animated DJ?

• Paul Van Dyk
    • Johnny Vicious
    • i'd rather watch mold grow

After seeing JV spin a few times i've noticed that he really is very boring to watch. Maybe i'm not watching him at the right times, but I would think that for someone who spins hard beats he would be more animated in the DJ booth. What do you think?? This has nothing to do with talent, style, etc. PVD(one of my favorite DJs of all time) is definetely one of the most boring DJs to watch, occasionally he will toss out a hand or clap for a few seconds. DT is one of the more entertaining DJs to watch, in my opinion.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . the bassbin Twins got both of those guys beat on the animated DJ's scale . . .

. . Danny Howells does too . .

havent' seen bassbin twins but i can definetly agree on howells.. he parties up there the whole time.. the shit he does in the booth gets me amped.. of course what he does w/ the music gets me even more amped ;)

carl cox too..

although i have to admit in august at factory johnny was running around like madman.. 8am in a wife beater running back and forth between the dj booth and light booth :D

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Carl Cox by far is the craziest dj when he's in the booth. He sweats more than the people on the dancefloor.....:cool:

i don't know bro.. sasha used to like jump all over the place at twilo til he was practically falling out of the booth..

hahaha

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i don't know bro.. sasha used to like jump all over the place at twilo til he was practically falling out of the booth..

hahaha

True but Carl Cox actually gets on the mic and talks to the crowd. I've seen Sasha several times and he's never done that but I might be wrong.....

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

True but Carl Cox actually gets on the mic and talks to the crowd. I've seen Sasha several times and he's never done that but I might be wrong.....

coxy doesnt' always do that..

and dt is really king of that anyway.. he does it all nite every time he spins..

yep. nobody talks to the crowd as much as DT. but sasha was the most fun to watch in the booth. besides being a deity behind the turntables, he's also acts really funny sometimes. he jumps around in between tracks, and the crowd always really gets into it. in Cipriani's he got the whole dancefloor jumping with him at one point.

but Cox looks like he loses 50 lbs. every time he spins. i never knew any man could sweat that much :eek:

Jonny is boring to watch and to hear sometimes. But who cares about watching them, I care more about the music. PVD is one of the best djs anywhere to hear and I think he is great to watch. A while ago when PVD was at Twilo I thought he was great with the crowd. He was really into teasing and playing with them. Danny is fun with the crowd.