Clubplanet Nightlife Community

more freaky pics from Fun House

Speak for yourself...

(though this is not my scene

I'll respect them for having fun and

getting "FREAKY")

I remember a time back in this city

when CLUB KIDS=ed "FREAKS"!

Now club kids in NY="GLAM" and Martinis!

BLAH!

I'll take freaks over Glam anyday of

the week!

Thanks for sharing Heretic.

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

dude we like to party with NORMAL ppl

yo, speak for yer fucking self. I happen to like the goth/industrial scene, though maybe i dont dress like it..i certainly have been to Heretic's party and it is definitely harmless. Yea ppl like to dress different and shit but they are still PEOPLE underneath all that makeup and piercings and attire. If only you went, you would overcome yer paranoia and see that these ppl are more down to earth than most of yer GLAM club kids nowadays in other clubs.

btw..Heretic u know i told u once before how fucking hot the bar chic is there...Now i must know more info cause she has that german look going on...Quoth might have to make a goddamn return to yer party...I just keep forgetting bout it bro lol my bad. I actually was walkin with this girl the other day and like we passed FLAMINGO EAST and im like OH SHIT THATS WHERE HERETIC SPINS..man...i need to fuckin pay attention.

Originally posted by workenonlife

heretic pics look like yall had a good time and it deff look's fun so where is this spot cause i might wanna ge my freak on 1 daY :)

219 2nd Ave btwn 13th & 14th Sts every Friday

make sure to enter up the stairs to the right of the street level entrance ;)

Originally posted by quoth

If only you went, you would overcome yer paranoia and see that these ppl are more down to earth than most of yer GLAM club kids nowadays in other clubs.

well said

Originally posted by quoth

btw..Heretic u know i told u once before how fucking hot the bar chic is there...Now i must know more info cause she has that german look going on...

Actually, she's got an Australian accent. That's about all I know about her, though, besides that she's cute and mad cool to talk to.

all of these "freaks" need to be hired for techno parties

definitely need the freaks back in music.

there uniqueness would inspire many. and nightlife

would have a feeling again.

i would love to come to one of the parties..but i would stick

out like a pink bunny in a room of black wolves.

-z

For the music, I usually spin some schranz style techno, industrial dance, and then build it up into some mid-tempo gabber/hardcore towards the end of the night. Rexx usually plays a trancier style of industrial, and then we usually have a guest DJ play from mid-1am every week. Last week's guest DJ was Darryl Hell who played a sick set of drum-n-bass, breakcore, and industrial turntablism.

As for people sticking out in the crowd, it's really not even an issue because the people are very friendly at this party and no one's treated any different for not dressing up. We get all types in there including regular looking college kids who appreciate the 'eye-candy' and the good music. But if you're still worried about sticking out, then basic black is always good to wear to blend in. Hell, I just usually wear a black t-shirt and black cargos every week.

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

all of these "freaks" need to be hired for techno parties

definitely need the freaks back in music.

there uniqueness would inspire many. and nightlife

would have a feeling again.

Agreed, there are way too many so-called "normal" people wandering around parties these days.

Well I checked it out once with tunnelbandit and a couple of friends. Its a real nice place and great music. We were the one actually sticking out in that place cuz most of us were in raver gear,etc...but its mad fun, def need to check it out again and hear me some gabber :D and heretic is mad cool :)

Hey all... I am fairly new to the board but I figured I would jump in on this one. Though I am not the type to dress like that by far. I have alot of respect for all who do. I stick behind Tenaglia's words of " BE YOURSELF " For the so- called normal crew. If you were to walk into the club dressed like you normally would in another club you would be the freak to these party goers. We all have our tastes. We all have our likes and dislikes. Why have a negotive opinion towards them. They didn't ask you anyway...

Hope I wasnt to harsh. Just hate when people pass judgement !!!

Peace...

Scott :hat:

Actually, I don't even care what the hell people look like, as long as they're stompin on that dancefloor. While I was DJing last night I took a moment to look over the crowd. Of course, the "freaky" people were out in full force, namely the cyber-punks, rivetheads, vamps, goths, etc. But I also saw quite a few ravers last night, as well as quite a few "normal" people. Yes, I even saw a guy wearing tan khakis going nuts on the dancefloor as I was playing my gabber set at the end of the night. That's my favorite thing about playing for this party, is that people are mad cool with each other no matter what they're lookin like. You show me another place where you can see a guy wearing khakis and a hardcore rivethead dancing next to each other to some hard gabber beats without any attitudes flaring, and I'll go check it out.

I definately have to check this party out soon. Although I will not have the piercings and make-up, I am sure there will be no problem with the people there. Looks like people are having fun, so why not check it out.

As for sonicinfusion and his comment about wanting to party with normal people, get a fucking clue......that is the most ignorant statement made in a while. If you want normality, go back to the fucking 50's. Party with all your squares.....I won't miss you. What an asshole comment to make.