Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of Embassy/Modern - opinions?

happykittn

Originally posted by happykittn

I'm going to Avalon Friday night, and plan on checking out Embassy/Modern Saturday night. I've never been there before... what's the crowd like? Music? Dress? Like it/don't like it, and why? Thanks so much! :)

Hey if you are going to be in Avalon on friday night we are having a meet-up, at 11:30 in Avalon at the entrance to Axis.

Have never seen or been to either but will on friday night! Oh yeah, I do know this on saturday nights, its dress up, no sneakers, etc...

I've never been to a cp meetup before... guess there's a first time for everything, right? I'll be there with my girl Jesse (gorgeous girlie with short bleached blonde hair), and we're meeting up with some friends (amazing dancers... breakers/poppers/house dancers). Look for a little group with an Asian girl, bleached blonde girl, Filipino/Columbian guy, and random others... I'm excited, it should be fun... :D

For Saturday night (Embassy/Modern)... should I dress like I do when I go to Sound Factory in NYC? Don't want to over/underkill...

I've never been to a cp meetup before... guess there's a first time for everything, right? I'll be there with my girl Jesse (gorgeous girlie with short bleached blonde hair), and we're meeting up with some friends (amazing dancers... breakers/poppers/house dancers). Look for a little group with an Asian girl, bleached blonde girl, Filipino/Columbian guy, and random others... I'm excited, it should be fun... :D

For Saturday night (Embassy/Modern)... should I dress like I do when I go to Sound Factory in NYC? Don't want to over/underkill...

No I would not dress like I was at the Factory at a place like Embassy. I don't think it is that kind of a crowd on Sat. That also depends on how you dress

Definitely dress up, I always do! Plus, you will be out of place especially on saturday night if you don't dress up.

Friday night is the meet-up, if you are going to be there! It's at 11:30 at the entrance to Axis through Avalon. Look for my pic on the Meet-up thread, my name is Jessica too!

Me (after fooling around some w/Photoshop :D)... so you'll recognize us... :) What's the normal getup for Avalon/Embassy and Modern? Shoe-wise, no sneakers... stilettos? Platforms? Etc?

No sneaks, I think it's dress up! Don't listen to Kaydup... lol:D

Originally posted by prplhz

No sneaks, I think it's dress up! Don't listen to Kaydup... lol:D

Fine don't listen to me:laugh: j/k. I just meant that some outfits that are worn to the Factory wouldn't fit in over there that is all I meant:D

I'm going to Avalon Friday night, and plan on checking out Embassy/Modern Saturday night. I've never been there before... what's the crowd like? Music? Dress? Like it/don't like it, and why? Thanks so much! :)

i have only been once back last may Obviously the scene crowd could have changed but It was more of an older, international crowd. downstairs at the moderne it was more of a lounge/bar atmosphere spinning funk and house and upstairs (embassy) was everything from latin to hip hop to vocal house Its no jeans, sneakers. I would dress a lil more subdued than the factory... its a lil more (actually alot more) chill than that.

to be honest my friends really didnt dig it (why we haven't gone back) and it wouldnt be my first choice but i still had a good time and made the most of it when i was there! but thats what you are supposed to do right? :)

hope this helps! :) have fun!

and have fun everyone at avalon on friday. I am actually coming back to boston this weekend but won't arrive til Saturday. maybe i can meet up with y'all the next time