Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pseudo 2/7/02 Reviews

Well this was alot of fun 4 the breaksheads who showed up anyway, even though the overall turnout was sadly down from last week. Sadly, those of you who didn't come missed a tight nite of music. I'm sure others will talk about other genres/DJs who played, but being me, I'll focus on the plethora we had of breax last nite. We got spoiled actually, since 6 jocks dropped different kinds throughout the nite: Mark (dunno yer DJ name and didn't catch yer set so I can't review it, sorry), Miss Bliss, Rob Tangent & Shady J (who tagged team for over an hour @ the end actually), Mike Robinson, and the mighty CER.

The always funky Miss Bliss funked it up for her set, and made it clear to me afterward her trademark (well one of) Fla sound wasn't there in this set, but very nice ravey beats and solid electro samples, and records were. She even approached some of the badass Draco-esque electro that I think of as Shugga's sound toward the end of her set. I detected Fla influences in her sound last nite, but it was certainly different from the norm I'm used to hearing from her. Not as hard as what she spun @ K Rock 2 weex ago, but as always, blissful listening and dancing music indeed.

The Heart Soul hit the decks a lil later in Room 2 (where Cara played also) and threw one hell of a curveball to kick off his set, "Play That Funky Music White Boy!" Wow was that a stunner. Over @ least the rest of the 1st half of his set, Robinson proceeded through some of the jazziest, tightest, and most funk filled 70s party classix I've probably heard @ any breax party since I got into this music a year or so ago. Talk about going back to your roots, this was so old skool it was really giving a musical history lesson to the kids in where some of the key musical influences behind all sorts of breaks lie. But the twists weren't done there, Robinson threw in some wikkid acid progessive breax in the 2nd half of his set which indeed were a nice change from one of his signature sounds. Quite interesting. A solid set all around indeed.

I had to switch rooms to the front for the mighty CER who took the decks next and just banged the nu skool I loved for the next 45 minutes that had me very happy indeed. :) The one track I do remember was "Temptation," from the Plumps "Elastic Breax" mix. But he banged other top flyers like a new mix of K & B's "Morpheus," which I don't think I'd heard b4. He had a few other traxx I couldn't id, but which I knew and just rocked the main floor of pseudo. Seriously, no one bangs the best genre of breaks the way CER does (well none of the guys anyway :B). But in all honestly, Mike is in a class by himself, and just completely stole the nite for me, hands down. CER is the shit, miss booking him for your party @ your own risk!

Finally, around 2 AM, Room 2 picked up for the wikkid tag team between Tangent and Shady J, which just took Fla and electrobreaks to another level. This was some tight, tight music that had the people who were in the room dancing their asses off. I don't think I've heard anyone do electrobreaks as well here in NY, with the exception of Shugga and Lee Coombs @ Daybreak. The transition between the 2 and the back forth of the tag teaming was exciting and inspiring to watch, for anyone who appreciates any kind of music, just as it would be for any DJ. Tangent's scratches were off the fuckin hook and the only I've seen who I can think of who approaches his skill in that department is DJ Wool. And clearly, Shady J's skill on the decks with electro traxx is nearly unmatched among NY breaks jocks. A top tag team, that was still sizzling along when I left around 3:15AM.

All in all the mighty Maudy, Morgan, and everyone who runs Pseudo have clearly put together one of the top dance music parties in the city, which you need to c to catch the likes of Chris the city's newest dnb badass, as much as you do to catch some of the best breax talent on the East Coast. Shoutouts to the Mikes, Rob, Mark, Kristie, JoeyG, Chris the dnb badass, Crobra Chris, Maudy, Cara, Morgan, and everyone affiliated with Pseudo (yes that includes all you NBers (naughtybooth & nubreakers), CPers, and BAers (BigApple). A phat nite was had by all. And by all means, catch the badass K-Swing & Rob Tangent Sat @ Kingsize's party @ Drinkland (339 E. 10th St.). Tangent's also spinning tonite @ another Kingsize party, info is on the Big Apple and Kingsize-USA websites. Hope to c u all @ Static next week too for Elite Force & Luke Slater (121 St. Marks, free b4 11, open bar 8-9). Peace out and happy Vatentine's to all the lovaz and all the wannabees comme moi. :tongue:

Hope to c u all @ Static next week too for Elite Force & Luke Slater (121 St. Marks, free b4 11, open bar 8-9). Peace out and happy Vatentine's to all the lovaz and all the wannabees comme moi.

:eek:

DID YOU SAY Luke Slater ? as in the techno wizard of past?/?

Originally posted by breaksny

Well this was alot of fun 4 the breaksheads who showed up anyway, even though the overall turnout was sadly down from last week. Sadly, those of you who didn't come missed a tight nite of music. I'm sure others will talk about other genres/DJs who played, but being me, I'll focus on the plethora we had of breax last nite. We got spoiled actually, since 6 jocks dropped different kinds throughout the nite: Mark (dunno yer DJ name and didn't catch yer set so I can't review it, sorry), Miss Bliss, Rob Tangent & Shady J (who tagged team for over an hour @ the end actually), Mike Robinson, and the mighty CER.

The always funky Miss Bliss funked it up for her set, and made it clear to me afterward her trademark (well one of) Fla sound wasn't there in this set, but very nice ravey beats and solid electro samples, and records were. She even approached some of the badass Draco-esque electro that I think of as Shugga's sound toward the end of her set. I detected Fla influences in her sound last nite, but it was certainly different from the norm I'm used to hearing from her. Not as hard as what she spun @ K Rock 2 weex ago, but as always, blissful listening and dancing music indeed.

The Heart Soul hit the decks a lil later in Room 2 (where Cara played also) and threw one hell of a curveball to kick off his set, "Play That Funky Music White Boy!" Wow was that a stunner. Over @ least the rest of the 1st half of his set, Robinson proceeded through some of the jazziest, tightest, and most funk filled 70s party classix I've probably heard @ any breax party since I got into this music a year or so ago. Talk about going back to your roots, this was so old skool it was really giving a musical history lesson to the kids in where some of the key musical influences behind all sorts of breaks lie. But the twists weren't done there, Robinson threw in some wikkid acid progessive breax in the 2nd half of his set which indeed were a nice change from one of his signature sounds. Quite interesting. A solid set all around indeed.

I had to switch rooms to the front for the mighty CER who took the decks next and just banged the nu skool I loved for the next 45 minutes that had me very happy indeed. :) The one track I do remember was "Temptation," from the Plumps "Elastic Breax" mix. But he banged other top flyers like a new mix of K & B's "Morpheus," which I don't think I'd heard b4. He had a few other traxx I couldn't id, but which I knew and just rocked the main floor of pseudo. Seriously, no one bangs the best genre of breaks the way CER does (well none of the guys anyway :B). But in all honestly, Mike is in a class by himself, and just completely stole the nite for me, hands down. CER is the shit, miss booking him for your party @ your own risk!

Finally, around 2 AM, Room 2 picked up for the wikkid tag team between Tangent and Shady J, which just took Fla and electrobreaks to another level. This was some tight, tight music that had the people who were in the room dancing their asses off. I don't think I've heard anyone do electrobreaks as well here in NY, with the exception of Shugga and Lee Coombs @ Daybreak. The transition between the 2 and the back forth of the tag teaming was exciting and inspiring to watch, for anyone who appreciates any kind of music, just as it would be for any DJ. Tangent's scratches were off the fuckin hook and the only I've seen who I can think of who approaches his skill in that department is DJ Wool. And clearly, Shady J's skill on the decks with electro traxx is nearly unmatched among NY breaks jocks. A top tag team, that was still sizzling along when I left around 3:15AM.

All in all the mighty Maudy, Morgan, and everyone who runs Pseudo have clearly put together one of the top dance music parties in the city, which you need to c to catch the likes of Chris the city's newest dnb badass, as much as you do to catch some of the best breax talent on the East Coast. Shoutouts to the Mikes, Rob, Mark, Kristie, JoeyG, Chris the dnb badass, Crobra Chris, Maudy, Cara, Morgan, and everyone affiliated with Pseudo (yes that includes all you NBers (naughtybooth & nubreakers), CPers, and BAers (BigApple). A phat nite was had by all. And by all means, catch the badass K-Swing & Rob Tangent Sat @ Kingsize's party @ Drinkland (339 E. 10th St.). Tangent's also spinning tonite @ another Kingsize party, info is on the Big Apple and Kingsize-USA websites. Hope to c u all @ Static next week too for Elite Force & Luke Slater (121 St. Marks, free b4 11, open bar 8-9). Peace out and happy Vatentine's to all the lovaz and all the wannabees comme moi. :tongue:

Yeah....great breaks all night. With the exception that the mighty CER kept on bustin my balls trying to take my spot and shit.

yes you did Joey. . .

. . . I'd like to shout out to Go411 and crew, great finally meetin ya . . . :)

. . I'd also like to say wassup and great night to : Mugz, Lav, Ron, BkMike, MissBliss, DJ wool, TwiloGreg, Friend of TwiloGred, LIGreg, Hacker, Friend of Hacker, DJJohn, kristy and all others who I met and forgot to mention . . .

. . The night was great. . . excellent breaks (props to missbliss . . I wish I could have stayed later) and an extra special treat from BkMike on the old skool tip . . .all in all a very very nice night . . :D.. . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . The night was great. . . excellent breaks (props to missbliss . . I wish I could have stayed later) and an extra special treat from BkMike on the old skool tip . . .all in all a very very nice night . . :D.. . .

dood...you missed when i closed my set with "James Brown is Dead"...old skool techno lovin'! :D

Aside from the plethora of technical difficulties throughout the night, the music was tight and was a good time as always. Big props to Bog who threw down his first house set ever, which coincidentally, was by far his best set ever. You just can't go wrong laying down DJ Dan style monster tracks.

Two weeks until my trance debut. I can't wait to bang it out on Bog's Cerwin Vegas. I hope there is a better turn out than this week. With Bog bringing down his monster equipment setup, it will definitely be a night not to be missed.

Thanks for swinging by cara.

I think opening three rooms made the place a bit

more spread out than last few weeks.

More DJs got to spin but rooms

felt empty at several points in

all the rooms.

It was really great to hear Mike, Rob T

Cer and Maria(go411) as well as several

others dropping down breaks.

Next time I think pseudo's keeping

it down to two rooms and are gonna

work on the whole sign up thing.

Watching that was like watching Piranas

attack someone at the front door@ 8:00pm.

Oh and unfortunately CUT CHEMIST

pulled a no show:(

Leaving many of us bumbed out.

FUN NIGHT THOUGH!

Thanks for swinging by~

. . . I'd like to shout out to Go411 and crew, great finally meetin ya . . . :)

Likewise I had a BLAST ... we had the whole FLORIDA crew at Pseudo last night>>>>> WORK......

I really enjoy hacker's and missbliss's set ... WORK GRRL!

and I think it was brooklyn kid wit the oldskool tracks!

Great meeting you Lavendermenace!

Hopefully I get to hang with all of you guys soon....

Originally posted by mugwump

Next time I think pseudo's keeping

it down to two rooms and are gonna

work on the whole sign up thing.

No...No...No... I really dig the 3 room idea.

More DJ and more music diversity.

And with the number of DJ showing up I could only imagine the mayhem @ signup time.

kick ass night over all!!!

Tangent was hot on those decks, and mike robinson fucked shit up really good too. I forget his name but the guy that was spinning hardcore at like 130 was a real blast from the past for me. Also, whoever was in the back room at 3 am, I really enjoyed his set too.

My only complaint about pseudo is that the middle room, which seems to get the most people in it, has the crappiest sound. And the big, front room, which is mostly empty, has the best sound.

Cool night, cool vibes. Everybody that was there rocks!

Yes Slater will be @ Static along with Elite Force, the might Sara Walker and the rest of the Static crew. Get their early. And btw, just confirmed, K-Swing will be spinning Drinkland tomorrow, so u can catch her and Tangent there tomorrow. U don't wanna miss either of em if u haven't seen em b4. Or even if u have. Peace.

Originally posted by bluewater

Just wanted to say I had a pretty good time djing yesterday, albeit i got pushed from 12:30 to 2am cuz of tech problemos in room 1. It was nice to meet the lot of you too, good to put real names and faces to msgboard names.

Lou

Great meeting you too Lou..

We gotta get you on right after Hacker in room two or three

next time. Like that Dido track you dropped bro~

I have that on a NavDeep CD and it's a wicked track..

See ya round

(Maybe @ DD this Sat!~)

Peace

M

U

G

Z

soooooooooooooooo gooooooood :) Mikey, Jon, Bog.... wow it was nice to finally hear you in that space you blew my mind but Mikey I missed my tribal I was all break-ed out from Wed night so I mainly stuck by these CP guys...... however! whoever that guy was that mixed in Play that funky music was great.....if anyone here knows him I WANT A CD for the hiphop/funk classes I teach!!!!

Props to Holden and Morgan for setting up the extra space ahhhhhhhhh couches :)

Originally posted by snoozi8

soooooooooooooooo gooooooood :) Mikey, Jon, Bog.... wow it was nice to finally hear you in that space you blew my mind but Mikey I missed my tribal I was all break-ed out from Wed night so I mainly stuck by these CP guys...... however! whoever that guy was that mixed in Play that funky music was great.....if anyone here knows him I WANT A CD for the hiphop/funk classes I teach!!!!

Props to Holden and Morgan for setting up the extra space ahhhhhhhhh couches :)

That Was MIKE ROBONSON silly..

you went to his bar in williamsburg..

He started the set with some

FUNK and freaked everyone away..

Little did they know he was playing around

and would end up dropping

some siiick..

siiiiick trancy Breaks!

One of his most interesting sets i've heard him do yet!

Too bad most of the kids didn't get it.

heh~

Originally posted by mugwump

That Was MIKE ROBONSON silly..

you went to his bar in williamsburg..

He started the set with some

FUNK and freaked everyone away..

Little did they know he was playing around

and would end up dropping

some siiick..

siiiiick trancy Breaks!

One of his most interesting sets i've heard him do yet!

Too bad most of the kids didn't get it.

heh~

I thought his set was awesome.....kept giving him the thumbs up. I was like shit, I gotta follow this guy......