Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rasoul @ Rain

phrankadelic

Joey, word on the street is that Opium has about a two guy for every girl ratio with every other guy named Guido.

I hear for $20, you can get Guido to suck some ass too.

BTW... Im going to start at Rain and most likely stay, but who knows may hit Seaman or Sanchez later.

Phrank and I are going to see if we can drink them out of absolute.

well, Frank is right, I also prefer to be a little casual plus Joey is not only Rasoul at Rain, DHM will also be there.

Hey Charlie, let's go to Crobar, get stamped , go to Rain, stay there until 2:30 and then go back to Crobar. At least that's my plan.

anybody wanna join me?

the list is open....

Originally posted by laliux

well, Frank is right, I also prefer to be a little casual plus Joey is not only Rasoul at Rain, DHM will also be there.

Hey Charlie, let's go to Crobar, get stamped , go to Rain, stay there until 2:30 and then go back to Crobar. At least that's my plan.

anybody wanna join me?

the list is open....

I'm going to be rocking sanchez solo, aren't I? Laliux.....sounds like youre the man w/ the plan. The stamp and go procedure worked like a charm for Burridge!

billboard didn't bring out rasoul's true vibe. just as opium didn't bring out dh's or papp's vibe. hope sanchez breaks the mold for ya joey! i know that rasoul will be in rare form on friday.

and charlie, i hear that absolute is callin our names!

i'll probably lay low saturday night cuz i'll be too drunk from the art festival! that's right folks...coconut grove art festival is this weekend!!

:drunk:

Originally posted by joeygk

Word on the street is that Rasoul sucked some ass last time they were in town at Billboard?

was there and no he wasn't good but bb live is more of a concert venue NOT a club

plus the girls in bikini's paint'n themselves on stage didn't help :rolleyes:

rasoul for stac

Shroomy and Frank,

What's with the Opium bashing?

First of all, You're all wrong about the guy to girl ratio. It's absolutely a better ratio than most places on the beach.

As for DH, he played what he wanted to play and was the same set he would have played no matter where he was. He had not DJ'd in several weeks and felt rusty. He loved the venue.

Papp played a great set and enjoyed himself a lot. He has already called me to schedule another date.

If you know me and have any idea of what I am about, you know that I am truly into the music and the scene. I think we proved that at Shadow.

If you choose to go to another club or if you like their vibe better, cool. But don't badmouth us unfairly. It's really a bad example for the board administrators to be setting.

Dade

Dade,

Damn, you wern't supposed to read that ;)

To set things straight, I have not been to Opium in quite some time but think it is a great thing that you have started to bring in some great talent to such a beautiful venue.

but.... the times I have been there, I felt a hostility from the other guys there that is usually reserved for college spring break. That is, it felt like it was a pick up joint where every guy was competing for every girl.

In many of the other clubs, guys and girls usually come and stay in groups so there is less of a pick up sort of vibe, since I am married, this is a good thing. At Opium, hooking up seems to come first and the music second.

Also I have seen only two fights in 6 years in Miami clubs, both of them were at Opium.

But everything said, I still would love to see Sanchez, and still may show up. I was really just trying to yank Joey's chain, we do all know your commitment to the scene and the whole town.

This has to be the busiest/best quality Friday in memory, must be in honor of my B-Day this Fri.

Shroom,

No harm done. To be honest with you, I felt much the same way about OG for a long time. But it really is different now. The owners have made the commitment to be more of a "dance club" and I couldn't be happier. It is an amazing venue to have quality house music in. It's the only place in town where you can get a true Ibiza vibe. You should come check out Roger and the place.

Dade

dade, i wasn't bashin opium. at all. if you read my post, i merely said that opium didn't bring out the best in the 2 dj's i've seen. i've heard them in different spots and on their mixes, and their sets were completely different from what i've heard. they played harder then what i've been used to hearing.

so if you consider that bashing, i apologize then. i know you've gone out of your way to offer cp a guestlist week in and week out. for that, i'm truely appreciative of your kind gestures. i don't bite the hand that feeds. i just might complain about the meal every now and then. :)