Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*If You Had to Pick One PAiNTiNG to Describe YOUR inner-self, What would it be?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone can relate to that one in some way or another... the overwhelming panic and nonassurance of the situation, the streaky colors expressing disillusion, the 2 strangers in the back signifying worry. I could say my inner feels the same way at times ;)

I'm going to have to go with abstract expressionism here, in order to define my inner self:

I'll go with Jean Michel Basquiat. His colors, graffiti influence, and sense of childness-playfullness is SO me :tongue:

Here's a few of his works:

basquiat64.jpg

basquiat62.jpg

I LOVE Basquiat..did anyone see the movie that was done about him? I have a lot of Dali works also...one in particular..forgot the name of it..but it's amazing...a naked guy in the corner of it holding a cross to a huge horse with skinny legs..is anyone familiar with this painting?

Originally posted by Crackorn

I would have to align myself with a sculpture instead, if that's OK. You know the one with the guy sitting with his chin in his hand? That always reminded me of myself, forever engrossed in inner conflict that unfortunately has yet to be resolved.

this one?

bronzedirect_1653_420086

Originally posted by gmccookny

I dig Pablo's stuff too... Ever seen Granica?/?

GoooooD stuFF ;):D

guernica yah very good but if thats your painting u are one tortured soul

Mine would be like something by keith harring, happiness incarnate

Originally posted by sassa

I LOVE Basquiat..did anyone see the movie that was done about him? I have a lot of Dali works also...one in particular..forgot the name of it..but it's amazing...a naked guy in the corner of it holding a cross to a huge horse with skinny legs..is anyone familiar with this painting?

I was just at the Dali museum in St. Pete, FL - off hand I dont know which one you're talking about, but I just got a great book on his works, so if i see it, i'll get you more details...

laraver was using my pc today and forgot to log out...

those last two posts from laraver are me...gosh darn it chris...dont you know how to log out...

anyways...guernica is in my living room and the Dali museum probably requires a full day to visit...they have four of the six masterworks he created that are these enormous paintings - literally like 10 feet by 6 feet - unbelievable...