Clubplanet Nightlife Community

7 bucks for Cigarettes

Bloomberg wants to raise the city tax on cigarettes from 8 cents to $1.50. Plus the state tax is already being raised from $1.11 to $1.50. With all the tax raises its going to cost somewhere close to $7 for a pack. The city will be making an extra $249 million a year. Its good for the city, but not for me.......

You can alway mailorder cartons from jersey or long island.

Or just drive to jersey and grab few packs for $4.25

Ill never pay $7.50 for butts... fuck that.

Plus im sure, the ciggarette companies will be throwing us addicted smokers much coupons!!! TRUST ME! THEY WILL!

These tabbacco companies know exactly what the city is doing..

We should all quit...though... :eek:

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Bloomberg wants to raise the city tax on cigarettes from 8 cents to $1.50. Plus the state tax is already being raised from $1.11 to $1.50. With all the tax raises its going to cost somewhere close to $7 for a pack. The city will be making an extra $249 million a year. Its good for the city, but not for me.......

Are you fuckin kidding me :blown: Well I get mine from New Hampshire for 25 bucks...I said when it would turn 5 I would quit now its gonna be 7 dollars, better get on that damn patch or start ordering cartons by the truckload:rolleyes: :tongue:

About f-ing time... people who smoke sux, twice over and I can't wait till you start to die off.... there is nothing I hate more than coming home from somewhere with new threads smelling worse than the laundry I forgot to do last month (thats why I had to buy the new cloths in the first place).

Seriously though, smoking is just plain stupid, you waste money, lung tissue and lifespan... where the logic, whats the reason. If you want to smoke, do the world a favor and buy a bubble suit, chill with your other bubble boys and bubble girls in some hole somewhere deepunderground. Stop fuking up the my cloths and my air when I am trying to get my groove on.

"that will be $7.10 please sir, and can I see your id?"

dork

Originally posted by thomaskm1

About f-ing time... people who smoke sux, twice over and I can't wait till you start to die off.... there is nothing I hate more than coming home from somewhere with new threads smelling worse than the laundry I forgot to do last month (thats why I had to buy the new cloths in the first place).

Seriously though, smoking is just plain stupid, you waste money, lung tissue and lifespan... where the logic, whats the reason. If you want to smoke, do the world a favor and buy a bubble suit, chill with your other bubble boys and bubble girls in some hole somewhere deepunderground. Stop fuking up the my cloths and my air when I am trying to get my groove on.

"that will be $7.10 please sir, and can I see your id?"

dork

We all know that second hand smoke is worse than that nice filtered smoke us smokers fill our lungs with.So with our second hand smoke we will eleliminate the world of whiny,nagging non smokers.Now sit back and breath my toxciniogens and enjoy the show.:smoke: :smoke:

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

We all know that second hand smoke is worse than that nice filtered smoke us smokers fill our lungs with.So with our second hand smoke we will eleliminate the world of whiny,nagging non smokers.Now sit back and breath my toxciniogens and enjoy the show.:smoke: :smoke:

preach on, brother bandit

lol

Yeah thats funny, but it would sound a lot funnier coming out of the hole in your winpipe into the voicebox you'll be speak through in 15 years. So, your saying that its ok to not only kill yourself but to kill others people as well?

:blown:

Yeah thats funny, but it would sound a lot funnier coming out of the hole in your winpipe into the voicebox you'll be speak through in 15 years. So, your saying that its ok to not only kill yourself but to kill others people as well?

Your right that would sound pretty funny with a voicebox.Now untwist your panties as I exhale my toxcinogens.I know i am harming my body and i don't need someone to tell me what I'm doing is wrong.And if I take out a couple of whining Mary's on my carbon monoxide haitus...so be it:tongue:

Alcohol's bad for you. Greasy food's bad for you. Drugs are bad for you. Cars are bad for the environment. The computer keyboard causes carpal tunnel syndrome. The monitor gives off radiation. Blow pops give you cancer.

Now excuse me, I have to drive my car to the doctors office to have my testicals removed because of the radiation from my monitor. It's hard to type with this wrist brace on. I think i'll pick up a Big Mac and wash it down with a beer because the weed made me hungry. Where's my blue blow pop?

blah blah blah blah...

Thank god I quit. But this weekend will be my first weekend going out since I quit. So it will be the true test. Anyway just for the heck of it I started throwing the $5.00 that I would normally spend on cigarettes per day into a box in my house just to see how much I would be able to save without digging into it. So far I am at $ 95.00 Not to bad. Of couse the math does not add up. But certain days I would buy 2 packs.

$7.00 per pack is just crazy. But like they say. Nicotene is more addictive then heroin. So as the price rises. Trust me. Everyone will put there hand in there pocket. If you deny it you know your lying. How many of you, when the packs were about $2.50 said you would quit if it ever went up to $3.00 or $3.50. And then when it got to $3.50 you said you would quit at $4.00 or $4.50. Well now that price is there. How many of you are saying you will quit when it is $7.00. We will count when the $7.00 actually comes. I am not being hipocritical. I stopped because I was gettin sick of the taste. Not because of the price. I am just hoping I can stick to this non-smoking thing. It will save alot of money and also I will actually be able to breath when I work out.

Peace... Maybe see some of you tomorrow night...