Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dee's Weekly Review Of Sexy @ Roxy!!

Ooooook so here we go

got to the club bout 12:00, walked in not to packed a lot of people were either on their way to exit or leaving to go to exit. Anthony Mundy was actually pretty good. Theeeeeeeeen came Iio, OK let me just say this if she wasn't lip sinking then she was really good and if she was then she could have at least done a better stage performance. The crowd was singing it was fun. Theeeeeeen came the drama. The Cancun give away was on. They brought the girls on first, some were booed off and some were cheered on. These two girls, wow iv never seen someone want this trip as bad as they did, they striped down to their under ware and hooked up with each other on stage in thongs. They really put on a show it was hilarious I really thought they should have gotten it just for going all out, but of course the blonde bimbo with implants got it:rolleyes: The guys contest was stupid jus a bunch of meat heads running around with their shirts off, Anthony Nero and I just stood there laughing our asses off. I think the kid with the "SEX ME AT ROXY" shirt should have won, lol just for having the balls to get on stage with his scrawny lil ass and do that he should have gotten it. After that Johnny came on and ripped shit up, people were just bouncing around going nuts. Becky came on, I honestly thought she put on a better show than Iio but yea it was a little cheesy, she had all the glitter and rhinestones and her dancers were scary looking but it was good. It wasn't the same without the stage crew :( we missed u guys. At some point in the night it got REALLY PACKED with exit people (what was that about). All in all it was a good fun night as usual at the roxy my only complaint was i had to wait for my payout till 5:45 :mad: But that's it, I had a blast hope everyone had fun at exit:laugh: :D

She had to have. It as just too perfectly sung not to be. If she's going to lip sync, why bring her in at all? I agree with you about Becky, better performance but still cheesey. At least she was into it, but looked sad when she left, kinda like 'why aren't they dancing?'. I don't like the whole performance thing, because you have a nice flow going, dancing and stuff, then BAM! Everything stops and it's one song. Woopdee-do. If i wanted to listen to one song, i'd listen to my cd player. Then the whole cancun crap killed the night for me.Really poorly done, and yeah, the playboy girl was frightening. Bounced around as J spun, but left after Children and now i can't sleep.

Well, Dee was right throught her entire post, I just wanted to add a few points that I thought should be said.

First off, when i got into Roxy at around 12:00, it was no crowded at all, people were just hangin out, some dancing, most by the bar, but it was a Roxy crowd. Then 2:00 rolled by and you could notice that it was Exit line overflow. Needless to say, the club got packed and for the right reasons...girls in bikini tops and Iio performing.:D Mundy did play some really good tracks, prolly one of the best DJ's to open for Vicious besides Nero and kept the place jumpin until the Cancun contest.

The girls went first and the blond bimbo had some serious CAMEL TOE!!! :laugh: but she was the breast implanted winner and the other couple that stripped down to their thongs!!! Thay were dyin for the trip and ended up gettin with eachother! Was not the best body competition (for those who went to the Factory Cancun reunion last year know that will never be matched) but it was something to watch. The guys came on and it was just whatever.

Overall, the night was off the hook. Dacing till i couldnt feel my feet was one point and just hangin out listening to some really good music was another. This party has kept its strength over the past nine weeks and ive been with it to witness its growth and stability. THIS PARTY IS THE BEST THING TO HIT NEW YORK CITY SINCE GUILIANI. Have a greatttttttttt sleep and see you at Limelight Last Dance!

~ANDY

Clubin In Style@aol.com

lol dee i kinda feel bad about the gurls in thongs, i kinda told em that theyd probly win if they showed some skin n hook up rofl, did u see me rippin of there pants, want cant a gurl beg me to do that at home;) i can say that was the most fun i had at roxy yet. Anthony Mundy is jus as good spinnin as he is a good guy,1 of the coolest cats in this biz, then johnny came on n spoke 4 himself, i luv that dude, his name says it all. i jus love the fact that its like 3 girls for every1 guy in there. i cant wait for tonite wooooowww New Exit sat n i betta see u all there!!!!!!

A Nero

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

I had a blast hope everyone had fun at exit:laugh: :D

EXIT sucked king kong hairy you know what las night,has always sucked and will forever suck. place was way too over crowded music was cheasy crowd was cheasy place was cheasy drinks were cheasy!!! it was just queso,queso,queso everywhere!!!!! i shouldve gone to exit to see um becky, yeah becky and not the girlies in their tangita tounge wrestling in the stage:rolleyes: shouldve listened to your post of why roxy was going to be better than exit...but at least i learned my lesson...no more cheating on you roxy you will be where i will be spending my friday nights again.

I had a lot of fun at Roxy last night. I had more fun last night then the past few weeks. Mundy was pretty good. And then iio's came on. I was kinda excited to see her ont he stage, and then she did a little acapella of her song, like for 3 seconds. She sounded great though. But then the performance started and she lip sync. I was like WTF. I watched from a far. But didn't get into the performance. If she didn't lip sync it would of been so much better. Then the CAncun reunion thing. It was aight. IT was kinda funny. The blonde girl that won deserved it. Plus the crowd went more nuts for her. Vicious came on and he ripped it up once again. Then Becky's performance came on. It was a lot better then iio's performance.....I was more into Becky's performance, she actually danced and everything. I never really like performances too much. But Becky's wasn't that bad. Then about liek half hour or so after that I ehard them announce the stage was open(cause the stage was roped off at teh beginning of the night. And they announced something about the "CP Stage crew." But no one was there from CP. I only saw Dee and DaVe. Anyways right after that vicious started really rippin it up. That was probably the best I heard him in a while. He played a little bit of that insane Vicious trance. I loved it. And what Nero said also, I love it that there's like 3 girls to 1 guy in that place.

Karch

I was in the CP suite]

supporting David Christopher

and Chris Lewis..

They really need it!

But then again how

can they compete with

Jerry Springer type titty

side shows and a house

full of underage hoochies

and guidos?

Though I did see some people

step away from the banging

hard house to stick their heads

in the CP suite and listen to some tribal-

tech house, breaks and

The "everything but the kitchen sink"

set Dave and Chris spun..

I prettty much left

with a sense of emptiness..

I can't relate to the ROXY crowd

on so many levels that I won't even

try and analyse the reasons why..

All I'lls ay is thanks Chris for dinner

and thanks for the quaint private

session of great music..

Lord knows the universe you create

in that small room is a million light years

away from the ZOO that lives on the main floor..

musicaly and everywhich way

(loved your lights and smoke machine)

Keep @ it guys.

Later~

*pics to come

I just wanted to say I hada great time last night. Johnny is a true gentleman and someone who should be respected for his humbilness. Nero.... Here comes the next level brother! This was my first time at roxy on Friday night and I have to give mad props to Bobby G, A-luv and the whole roxy staff and crew. I'm glad to hear that most people enjoyed my set and look forward to being there again real soon. Cancun...MTV....WMC.... Here we go!

Originally posted by mugwump

I was in the CP suite]

supporting David Christopher

and Chris Lewis..

They really need it!

But then again how

can they compete with

Jerry Springer type titty

side shows and a house

full of underage hoochies

and guidos?

Though I did see some people

step away from the banging

hard house to stick their heads

in the CP suite and listen to some tribal-

tech house, breaks and

The "everything but the kitchen sink"

set Dave and Chris spun..

I prettty much left

with a sense of emptiness..

I can't relate to the ROXY crowd

on so many levels that I won't even

try and analyse the reasons why..

All I'lls ay is thanks Chris for dinner

and thanks for the quaint private

session of great music..

Lord knows the universe you create

in that small room is a million light years

away from the ZOO that lives on the main floor..

musicaly and everywhich way

(loved your lights and smoke machine)

Keep @ it guys.

Later~

*pics to come

MUGS - Thanks for the support in your presence and your words.

While many of the Roxxy crowd fails to stick their heads in and see what is going on in the Lounge every Friday, I and now David Christopher with me will continue to present a vibe that is at the same time deeper, harder, and more melodic than what is happening on the main floor.

CP peeps, do yourself a favor and come check out what is going on. While I recognize it is hard to compete with the Tits and Ass show going on out on the main floor, what you will get is a true vibe and taste of the underground.

I had a blast last night. Roxy keeps on surprising me every week! The place was packed once again. All i have to say is GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!!....... Do they know there are other clubs in nyc? haha i luv it.:D Cancun theme was very nice (enjoyed the hotties in lil bikinis all night ;) )Mundy was awesome, and johnny - as always tore it up all night... I danced my ass off all night and now i am feeling the effects from it. Nice meetin Dave on the way in, real down to earth guy. Kevineci nice seeing you again. Whats up with iio's lip sync performance?? thats just butt. Beci is a HOTTIE. :D

Dont get me wrong

CP Lounge off the hook love it

but I don't stick around in there for a few reasons

1) Half the people in their are either fucked up beyond belief or fucking on the couches

2) None of my friends really wanna get off the main floor so I feel like an ass going in their by myself

3) I dont even go into the hip hop room and one of my good friends DJ's there and hip hop was my first base in music

4) there is so much energy in the main room and it just keeps me alive

So much props Chris since I know u want them but you know I go in there sometimes but I usually cant stay. Sorry

Roxy is still the shit though lol:D

They gotta renovate room really really bad. I walk in for a minute or 2. But as Dee said, everyone in there is sitting on the couch. And I don't wanna leave the energy that's on the main floor. It's great music though. Without a doubt. They just gotta make it a lot nicer inside for more people to come in there.

I left at 5, but it seemed that the crowd really left around 4-4:30? Iio's performance had a toooon of people on the floor, the first time i had seen it totally packed, then they all left mad quick. What the hell people, stay on the floor and DANCE! I did like how he started off with crowd song, but didnt thrown anything REALLY hard down until they opened the stage, and he just dropped it down. Me thinks he should hit the kids hard right from the get go, and not let up.....but i guess he can't do everything. I'd like them to lessen the guest DJ (although Mundy was good) and have J start up around 2? 3 hours seems decent time...unless it was a bigger name spinning or something, which is what they really need. Kick exit's ass roxy, but we all know exit will kick it's own ass.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.