Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit.......

So I popped my cherry last night and finally made it out to the one place I was avoiding in the city........for better or for worse, I caved in and went to Exit.

I got there early like around 12 and the minute I walked in I realized why that I was no fool avoiding this place. There was a lot of cheesiness and attitude everywhere. A lot of drinkers just acting like dicks, although it wan't as bad as I expected it to be. I met up with a lot of the peeps I know and chilled the rest of the night.........one thing I noticed though, there was absolutely no vibe at the place whatsoever. I never went before because I wanted to avoid the Draper style moronic crowd that lurks in those walls and I figured although it would not be all gone, a lot of it were to have disappeared. It was still there though. I got a story from crobra that he walked by a couple of kids asking each other out loud why Draper isn't spinning.......lol. As the night wore on the attitude filtered out and it became much more enjoyable.

I did meet some new heads though and saw some familiar faces. The new peeps I met....

dolik...whassup

snowbarder2....whassup

elementx.....whassup

randall....whassup

all the familiar faces I see out and about.....whassup

everybody I misssed because my head is still fucked up....whassup

It was the first time I made it out for Tiesto, again not my style of trance, but he definately laid it down a lot better than I expected. I was actually into the music he was playing. I will be hittin up Exit in the future because I like how the place is changing in terms of dj talent. The Saturday parties with Nero and Junior are a definate must and the Friday lineups, albeit they are predominantly trance djs, harbors some of the best talent in the world right now.

Sooner or later the cheesy Draper loving crowd should filter out of that place and move on to SF (btw....I don't know what the hell the powers that be were thinking for hiring him for Fridays) and the place might get better. Overall, I had an alright time but the vibe has got to improve.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djjonstephen

So I popped my cherry last night and finally made it out to the one place I was avoiding in the city........for better or for worse, I caved in and went to Exit.

I got there early like around 12 and the minute I walked in I realized why that I was no fool avoiding this place. There was a lot of cheesiness and attitude everywhere. A lot of drinkers just acting like dicks, although it wan't as bad as I expected it to be. I met up with a lot of the peeps I know and chilled the rest of the night.........one thing I noticed though, there was absolutely no vibe at the place whatsoever. I never went before because I wanted to avoid the Draper style moronic crowd that lurks in those walls and I figured although it would not be all gone, a lot of it were to have disappeared. It was still there though. I got a story from crobra that he walked by a couple of kids asking each other out loud why Draper isn't spinning.......lol. As the night wore on the attitude filtered out and it became much more enjoyable.

I did meet some new heads though and saw some familiar faces. The new peeps I met....

dolik...whassup

snowbarder2....whassup

elementx.....whassup

randall....whassup

all the familiar faces I see out and about.....whassup

everybody I misssed because my head is still fucked up....whassup

It was the first time I made it out for Tiesto, again not my style of trance, but he definately laid it down a lot better than I expected. I was actually into the music he was playing. I will be hittin up Exit in the future because I like how the place is changing in terms of dj talent. The Saturday parties with Nero and Junior are a definate must and the Friday lineups, albeit they are predominantly trance djs, harbors some of the best talent in the world right now.

Sooner or later the cheesy Draper loving crowd should filter out of that place and move on to SF (btw....I don't know what the hell the powers that be were thinking for hiring him for Fridays) and the place might get better. Overall, I had an alright time but the vibe has got to improve.

I agree 100% with the no vibe and shitty attidude at Exit last night... I cannot count the amount of times people attempted to push/shove and also ignore your presense... Other than the shitty vibe... I had alot of fun with my little group of people... Met a few people from here... Sorry the meet was so short and without much convo... There were just so many of you at one time... And it was my first time meeting up with you people... I also was running around keeping my little crew together... I hope our next meet up can be more interesting... I really do appoligize... I was not trying to be rude at all... You all seem like a bunch of great people... Also it was a hard night cause I quit smoking almost 2 and 1/2 weeks ago... And to be in a club and try not to smoke is almost imposible. Well I actually made my self proud... I went in without any packs hoping that would lessen any urge. But I would up being a sucka and spent $8.00 on a pack inside... Like the club does not make enough money. Anyway... I smoked only 4 cigarettes the whole night... And for the first time I was happy to hand out cigarettes to who ever asked... Unless they were obnocious... Cause the more I gave out the less I would have available to smoke... Well as soon as we got into my car and drove off... I stopped at a corner my boy got out and threw the rest of the pack away... So I am pretty proud... Sorry if I am rambling I am still very Fu*ked Up...

I was in rare form last night... Now that I am still light headed

I am going to lay in bed and throw on some tunes...

Peace...

Scott...

Ok, so I start off the night with Justin heading over to Jon Stephen's place... Everythings cool, we got the liquor flowin, jon spinnin, Tony Hawk on the ps2... Its all good... few hours later, Justin's trashed, me and Jon are comfortable, its time to go to *cough* Exit *cough*

So we get to the afore mentioned club (not worth mentioning again), no line, its lookin good. Head in... NO pat down??? wtf... too bad I forgot my drugs/knives/guns/juice... no big deal, its kind of crowded already, but nothin rediculous...

So we start runnin into cp headz left & right, cool, CP in effect. So the music is sucking HARD, but no big deal, right? I mean Tiesto will be on in a few hours... so lets keep the liquor flowing before we notice the juicebags... So I get a VodkaRedbull Double (ie. a vodka redbul with the amount of vodka that SHOULD be in it)... $19 with tip... Yes, thats right, I was sippin on a $20 drink... :blown:

Anyway... I keep drinkin hoping i'll get drunk enough to make this hellhole seem desent... OH, you would be surprised just how drunk you can get and still be absolutely miserable....

So anyway, the only upshots of the night:

1) Mist, cool finally talking to you, sorry I was a little slow... we'll have to talk at vinyl sometime. IM me or something.

2) nice seeing blazeny/ronin/lynne/gary/larry/mike/scooby/etc...

3) shouts to the usuals (kristy,bog,ron,danielle,erik,christian,tiff & petey (although I only found you once))

4) big shout to Jon Stephen for chillin beforehand, which was easily the best part of the night.

5) oh, to make you all jealous, me and jon got to here the echostar trainwreck experience, :tongue:

ok... so me and justin agree by about 4:30-5'ish, we're getting sober, and this is like the chinese torture where they stick a glass rod in your dick and break it... so we're near the door, and agree its time to make our EXIT (get it, HAHAHAHAH EXIT, GET IT?!?!?! fuck you too)

so ok, the night couldn't get any worse, RIGHT? we'll just leave...

ohhh, you thought you could leave? that'd be too easy... apparently, in a building with 6000 people, the coat check room is the problem and a fire hazard, so the toughguy security guard makes us literally wait 30 minutes before he lets the now enourmous swarm of people in to get their coats... I was almost considering just leaving my coat so I could go home...

ok, so to sum things up... You can take tony draper from exit, you can put a world renound dj there, but you can't take the juice out of the place... Exit, atleast from my experience last night (which seems to be on par with every night I've ever heard about), is the worst place, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER... and in case you were like me, and your reading the boards and saying "ahh, it can't be THAT bad, i'll have to try it atleast once...." NO, DON'T TOUCH FIRE TO FIND OUT ITS HOT.... this was the worst night i've ever had in a club EVER... well, with maybe the only thing worse being the night hot97 took over LL... I wasn't drunk that night... so I had to endure it more.

fair enough review.

As with every great party, its time had come and passed (I'm referring to last years (and opening year) Fri & Sat's).

The last few times I've been there it has no more "energy", but WHEN it does, its like a european open-air STADIUM event like no other.

Originally posted by joeg

Ok, so I start off the night with Justin heading over to Jon Stephen's place... Everythings cool, we got the liquor flowin, jon spinnin, Tony Hawk on the ps2... Its all good... few hours later, Justin's trashed, me and Jon are comfortable, its time to go to *cough* Exit *cough*

So we get to the afore mentioned club (not worth mentioning again), no line, its lookin good. Head in... NO pat down??? wtf... too bad I forgot my drugs/knives/guns/juice... no big deal, its kind of crowded already, but nothin rediculous...

So we start runnin into cp headz left & right, cool, CP in effect. So the music is sucking HARD, but no big deal, right? I mean Tiesto will be on in a few hours... so lets keep the liquor flowing before we notice the juicebags... So I get a VodkaRedbull Double (ie. a vodka redbul with the amount of vodka that SHOULD be in it)... $19 with tip... Yes, thats right, I was sippin on a $20 drink... :blown:

Anyway... I keep drinkin hoping i'll get drunk enough to make this hellhole seem desent... OH, you would be surprised just how drunk you can get and still be absolutely miserable....

So anyway, the only upshots of the night:

1) Mist, cool finally talking to you, sorry I was a little slow... we'll have to talk at vinyl sometime. IM me or something.

2) nice seeing blazeny/ronin/lynne/gary/larry/mike/scooby/etc...

3) shouts to the usuals (kristy,bog,ron,danielle,erik,christian,tiff & petey (although I only found you once))

4) big shout to Jon Stephen for chillin beforehand, which was easily the best part of the night.

5) oh, to make you all jealous, me and jon got to here the echostar trainwreck experience, :tongue:

ok... so me and justin agree by about 4:30-5'ish, we're getting sober, and this is like the chinese torture where they stick a glass rod in your dick and break it... so we're near the door, and agree its time to make our EXIT (get it, HAHAHAHAH EXIT, GET IT?!?!?! fuck you too)

so ok, the night couldn't get any worse, RIGHT? we'll just leave...

ohhh, you thought you could leave? that'd be too easy... apparently, in a building with 6000 people, the coat check room is the problem and a fire hazard, so the toughguy security guard makes us literally wait 30 minutes before he lets the now enourmous swarm of people in to get their coats... I was almost considering just leaving my coat so I could go home...

ok, so to sum things up... You can take tony draper from exit, you can put a world renound dj there, but you can't take the juice out of the place... Exit, atleast from my experience last night (which seems to be on par with every night I've ever heard about), is the worst place, EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER... and in case you were like me, and your reading the boards and saying "ahh, it can't be THAT bad, i'll have to try it atleast once...." NO, DON'T TOUCH FIRE TO FIND OUT ITS HOT.... this was the worst night i've ever had in a club EVER... well, with maybe the only thing worse being the night hot97 took over LL... I wasn't drunk that night... so I had to endure it more.

very well said, I look at it this way though...at least Exit keeps all their slobs away from other clubs I frequent.

what really makes my head spin, is that you have such a great space, and you have a world renound dj... how could it go wrong, right???

what in the hell...

I hope someone buys that place, renames it, and puts a no JB sign outside... It would actually be a cool place to chill for big name djs...

wow what a night! a horrible one at that!...got there at like 1:30-2 and i was like holy fawking shit batman this place is way too crowded...i love tiestos music and i was dying to hear him spin but today i am like why in the blue hells did i go to exit..of all places..and not to roxy where Iio was performing:confused: , where i new that no matter what it was going to be good...little blue men were talking to me and convinced me to go to exit..little bastards...exit is the worste club i dont even know why would people want to go there and spend their money..to each his own...man i am sooooo pissed off for not going to roxy, i shouldve listened to sexybabyd! i couldnt walk i couldnt dance i couldnt breath i couldnt piss i couldnt do anything in there and everywhere i went i bump into a little chinito..no offense..i couldnt even meet any CP heads...$25 down the drain...bad night...i will never step foot in that place again, not even if its free. and the drinks were weak and not even filled up the cup:mad:..WTF is that? funny thing is that my legs are killing me..trying to get around that place is a work out. and and i lost my peeps like two times and it took me like 45 minutes to find them twice. horrible horrible horrible night.

peace,

THE DON

Every time i've been to Exit, i'vve vowed never to come back. Havent beent here in two years and yesterday was reminded why. the place was packed like a sardine can, the crowd was just horrrrible, and there was no place to do anything. I dont even like Tiesto, but NO dj would be worrth that. Never again Exit on a Fri. night. Only way i'll ever go there agian is for a party in one of the small rooms.

Originally posted by joeg

ok :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: to the fuck you too thing and yes i know exactly what you mean by the alcohol thing i was trying to drink my night away but it wasnt working.....fawk exit and its cheesy draper loving hippies!

Originally posted by o-jay®

So the 40-some bucks was a waste, eh? I haven't been there in ages and don't plan to anytime soon.

-Juice :afro:

I am not trying to start anything... Cause it doesnt really bother me having to spend a little extra money. But why was there a guest list when there was no reduced admission and why were we told the price was less than what it actually was...

Just curious... :) :)

yeah...what Justin said.

i went last time tiesto was there and it wasn't nearly as bad. never again. NEVER again.

thought music was great from 2:30 to 5 btw.

and the vibe was better on the stage than anyplace else.

i think i'm still sweatng.....GRRRRRRrrrrrrr

(hi joe, chrisitan and tasha and ron - only cp peeps i saw)

i dont think it would have been bad if exit would have just stopped letting people in

its capacity is 3500....and last night there were 8000 peeps inside (not kidding)

i had a good time overall (despite falling down a flight of stairs :flame: ), but the first 3 hours sucked (bad opener, half of the speakers off until tiesto came on, and the heat was turned on for a while too)

:)

not a bad night, was better then stayin home, like everyone already said, place just needs a better vibe/more room. nice to meet some new faces (joeyg, my man from valley stream(im sorry i cant remember your name), cobra, mist, snowboard02 (haha, u were pretty funny last night askin me how your eyes looked), bigart (nice job with the high intensities).

to all the rest of you, nice seeing you guys, djjonstephen: after last night, i deff need vinyl fix.

Joeg very very accurate review although it did get a little better after you left. I agree with the don't touch fire to find out if it is hot thing. People, please do the world and yourselves a favor and don't go to Exit, it sucks big hairy donkey dick(oh yeah and it burns like fire as Joe points out ;) ).

Good to see all you peeps at Exit as bad as the night was.

Good to meet you Scoob-e from Valley Stream. Nice chillin with you Crobra and Mist.

OK more sleepy for me. Adios.

I really liked Tiesto's Set..it was a much harder set than usual...This was my 3rd time hearing seeing Tiesto spin, and i believe it was better than the last 2:)

BUT.....................................IT WAS WAY TOO CROWDED!!!!!!!!!!!! and....WHAT'S UP WITH THE WATER DRiPS FROM THE PiPES??????

I still haven't slept work went great though wow doing little kids dance/b-day parties on a roll is fun! lol

hmmmmm Exit IT SUCKS it was hot the people annoyed the hell out of me until my :) damn IF YOU AREN"T ON THE STAGE TO DANCE-----GET OFF!!!! it isn't the place to stand fucked up with your eyes half shut, it isn't the place to try to pick up chicks (including me!) and it's not the place to talk about your relationship......it's for DANCING! and if you don't even know the dj oh fuck just argggggggh

so yeah but thanks to all the wonderful guys and gals who made it all worth it you know who you are names are unecessary..... besides the music, it is to be with you that I come out every weekend and squander away all my money :D

k I need sleep now. bye bye

ok here's my review....

get there around midnight with about 10 ppl. we're standing across from entrance and i'm giving out tickets that i bought for them in advance. all of a sudden some asshole bouncer comes up, tells me that i'm selling tickets on the line, grabs me by the collar and drags me to the secrutiy office (hey, at least i got to skip the line :rolleyes: ) it took me about 15 minutes to explain to that idiot that i was giving out tickets to my friends and not selling them on the line. he looks through my wallet, counts $200 and says that he should confiscate it because that's my profit.

EXIT SECURITY = :blown:

Fortunatelly, I talk my way out of it and they let me in. So I sit on some chair right behind the security check, waiting for my friends. Apparently, they used some other entrance and couldn't reach my cell so I ended up waiting there for an hour or so. :mad: Let me tell you guys something, I was watching the crowd going in, and besides the fact that it wasn't even good looking, there were about 15 asians going in for every white person. Just an observation, not trying to racist or anything.

So I get inside around 1, thinking that I'll finally get to enjoy myself...and then I see the fuckin coat check line. I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the worst coat check experiences I've ever been through. Besides the fact that half the ppl on the line couldn't stand straight for more than 2 minutes, every1 was TRYING to be as obnoxious as possible. Somehow I cut most of the line and still waited for about an hour.

Finally, I make my way to the 2nd floor meet-up spot, chill with the regulars, meet some new heads (shout out to DjJonStephen, snoozi8, and snowbord32)...that pretty much made my night. The friends that I came with left about 2 hours later cuz they couldn't stand it, so I chilled with CPers and others for the rest of the time. It got a lot better after around 5 when some people left and there was actually some room to dance and breathe. The beats got a lot better too.

BIG THANKS to Realz for the tickets, GodFatherBam for...you know what, Airatomic for....the same, and BigArt for the best bugout of my life. You guys are the best. :D

Originally posted by snoozi8

ahhhhhhhhhh okay don't kill me but I'm not good with the board name stuff which one were you all you guys have dark hair etc it's hard to differentiate sometimes lol

wow...*i* make a lasting impression :)

i'm Dmitri, airatomic's friend...wore jeans and a black sleeveles, black spiked hair....lol me and about 2000 other ppl there.