Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vodoo lounge

kozzy

such hostility over the likes of a club. Wendy=hipocrit. i must call it like i see it......Wendy, Vaughanz has offered to put me & Kozzy on the guest list of Sutra for next Friday night, since he and I were the ones inquiring about the clubs.......since you obviously are here to promote Voodoo......are u offering us the same? my email is prinsessbing@aol.com........pur ur money where ur mouth is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lilbitsunshine

such hostility over the likes of a club. Wendy=hipocrit. i must call it like i see it......Wendy, Vaughanz has offered to put me & Kozzy on the guest list of Sutra for next Friday night, since he and I were the ones inquiring about the clubs.......since you obviously are here to promote Voodoo......are u offering us the same? my email is prinsessbing@aol.com........pur ur money where ur mouth is.

I am just defending the club since it is unfairly being reported on by competitors who obviously feel they need to create this drama to get business to their club....I understand they need to promote their club over at Tantra...

I mean Sutra I just dont feel if you are an employee of a club you would be an honest reviewer of clubs do you? As far as putting my money where my mouth is.....Check out my club and you will see it is made of money ! Obviously you are part of their little cyber asault as well since you already know who I am.

Originally posted by noira

Look, Vaughan and Sheldon aren't out of line here.

First off, Voodoo Lounge appeals to a certain kind of crowd looking for a certain kind of music...that crowd is the 'typical' crowd of Fort Lauderdale, and I'm glad that there's voodoo lounge to appease them, so they're not elsewhere.

Sutra, and specifically the Lust Parties, offer a different kind of atmosphere, and since most of us on here on Clubplanet love good house, and we're not very much fond of commercial, it makes sense we'd recommend Sutra over Voodoo.

Different strokes for different folks - and by the way wendyvoodoo, uhm, aren't YOU promoting YOURSELF by coming on here? Why diss Vaughan and sheldon for doing something you also do? You also look immature as hell getting upset because not everyone likes your club - boofvcking hoo - And Vaughan and Sheldon aren't just here to promote themselves - they are a part of this community, people I consider friends, and I'm sure others do too.

I am defending a club that is being insulted constantly by people who work for our compition if you want to call it that! Sutra is a much smaller club so I hardly would call it compition!. I have a right to ...do you have a problem with that? I dont base my judgement of clubs on strictly music, in my opinion a club can have the best music and the best djs it can be ugly and have shady people in it at the same time. I review a club in its totality....Sorry but Voodoo is one of the nicest clubs in SOUTH FLORIDA it hold over a thousand people ...it has extremely nice employees....it has music that appeals to the masses it is not to commercial and not too chessy but it not mudane like your so called house music...........It is a little of everything!! So much hostility because I defend myself!!!! How terrrible of me!!!So sorry!! Go ahead keep on bashing my club to make your look good!!! If that is what you need to do.

im here to go out next friday night with my boyfriend who will be here from out of town......if you noticed......my first suggestion was to take him to Voodoo........but your really representing your club badly. Making ASSumptions does "you know what".

Go where you like have a great time you and Kozzy.... is he really from New Jersey? Oh and why didnt he just ask" you"....... the expert on where to go out? Or did you guys just make all of this up to start a controversey? Or so you could bash Voodoo? So clever.....its ok it works out great for all of us. It's when people dont talk about you...you might have to worry!!!!Bye now ........ from the bad little club owner!!!

Originally posted by vaughanz

. . .

Hope to see all of you at Sutra soon. GA2, BB, Danny & Mimi... I have a bottle waiting for you!!!!

Ciao for now!

Vaughan

Awww Thanks, Vaughan! I'd love to come by and hear you spin! I'm totally tied up with my classes until march 10th but after that things will be a bit more relaxed. :)

"Go where you like have a great time you and Kozzy.... is he really from New Jersey? Oh and why didnt he just ask" you"....... the expert on where to go out? Or did you guys just make all of this up to start a controversey? Or so you could bash Voodoo? So clever.....its ok it works out great for all of us. It's when people dont talk about you...you might have to worry!!!!Bye now ........ from the bad little club owner!!!"

ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! lmao woman u have serious issues. Didn't I just email you and explain the situation?? You have SERIOUSLY just lost customers.........i could care less if u believe me or not.......but your jumping to conclusions is really making you look like an ass. Not only have you lost customers in Florida, but I'll be sure to let my boyfriend know to NEVER reccomend Voodoo to any of his friends who FREQUENTLY visit Ft.Lauderdale. Ive met several club owners, DJ's, and Managers, and Im questioning how the HELL you ever became a club owner with THAT attitude. You must be really insecure of the business you are running to have to log onto a website and rant and rave over a few opinions. Are you that scared of losing business? If you are one of the best clubs/lounges in Ft.Lauderdale....you would be on this site laughing at these fools and offering out FREE ADMISSION to those who are inquiring about YOUR club. Damn......do I need to come and RUN ur venue for you??? Seriously sweetheart.....your making your own self look bad.

Originally posted by wendyvoodoo

Originally posted by phrankadelic

wendy should go back to never never land. [/quote Where is never never land? Is it the land with all the bitter people? Or is it the land with the self promoters and the ten screen names. Really where is it?

u know, it's that place where kids fly, there's pixi dust, and captain hook rules the sea. c'mon...you have to know where it is.

Below are some bits and pieces of my original AND ONLY post in regards to Voodoo. Please note...

"My post will be a bit biased 'cuz I spin at Sutra on Saturdays...."

"Saturdays at Voodoo are packed but is VERY cheesy & commercial"....

"Music format is like 93.1 cheesy trance(not bashing.. .just saying cheesy) and commercial..."stuff". Their Hip-Hop room gets pretty good though!"

"Come see for yourself and we'll even walk you into all three clubs in between records to be the gracious and unbiased hosts that Sheldon & I can be!"

I just want to be very clear that me and Sheldon weren't trying to bash Voodoo. I have several friends that work there and say Wendy is awesome to work for... I was just giving my personal opinion, more so on the music format and the crowd, NOT the owners of the club OR any of it's employees, dj included. As you will see I even gave her club some props and EVEN offered to take "LilbitSunshine" and her friends to Voodoo and Stereo so they can make their own judgement call! I think that is far from self-promotion and in the end, the only thing that will speak for itself will be "Lilbitsunshine"'s own opinion, not mine or anyone elses on this board! And you can ask EVERYONE here... Sheldon and I are also the same dj's that, when we were playing at Sutra, and Anthony Pappa was at Stereo, we made it a point to go get shitty over there with our Club Planet & Bliss friends, and not get pissed off that they weren't hanging out with us.

This post is the one reason I continue to play the music I do.. the sense of community is far more rewarding than the money and ESPECIALLY the bullshit politics!!! I would melt all my records for some of the people on this board; I can always BUY some more records! I appreciate everyone's support. "Me LUST you long time!"

This post almsot started looking like Luis' from Space when Edgar got fired! Ewwwww! :tongue:

This drama's not worth it... "SHUT UP AND DANCE" I say!!!!!

Is Voodoo a beautiful club??? Yes, VERY. It's the nicest LOOKING veue in all of Ft. Lauderdale's club mecca! Is it packed??? On saturday's it is VERY busy(as I said). Be your judge on whether or not the crowd and music is your taste! It is not mine and that

Hope to see you guys Saturday!

Ciao... AGAIN!

Vaughan

I just want to be very clear that me and Sheldon weren't trying to bash Voodoo. I have several friends that work there and say Wendy is awesome to work for... I was just giving my personal opinion, more so on the music format and the crowd, NOT the owners of the club OR any of it's employees, dj included. As you will see I even gave her club some props and EVEN offered to take "LilbitSunshine" and her friends to Voodoo and Stereo so they can make their own judgement call! I think that is far from self-promotion and in the end, the only thing that will speak for itself will be "Lilbitsunshine"'s own opinion, not mine or anyone elses on this board! And you can ask EVERYONE here... Sheldon and I are also the same dj's that, when we were playing at Sutra, and Anthony Pappa was at Stereo, we made it a point to go get shitty over there with our Club Planet & Bliss friends, and not get pissed off that they weren't hanging out with us.

This post is the one reason I continue to play the music I do.. the sense of community is far more rewarding than the money and ESPECIALLY the bullshit politics!!! I would melt all my records for some of the people on this board; I can always BUY some more records! I appreciate everyone's support. "Me LUST you long time!"

Hope to see you guys Saturday!

VAUGHAN = CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY. THERE IS NO DISPUTING THAT.

"Go where you like have a great time you and Kozzy.... is he really from New Jersey? Oh and why didnt he just ask" you"....... the expert on where to go out? Or did you guys just make all of this up to start a controversey? Or so you could bash Voodoo? So clever.....its ok it works out great for all of us. It's when people dont talk about you...you might have to worry!!!!Bye now ........ from the bad little club owner!!!"

ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! lmao woman u have serious issues. Didn't I just email you and explain the situation?? You have SERIOUSLY just lost customers.........i could care less if u believe me or not.......but your jumping to conclusions is really making you look like an ass. Not only have you lost customers in Florida, but I'll be sure to let my boyfriend know to NEVER reccomend Voodoo to any of his friends who FREQUENTLY visit Ft.Lauderdale. Ive met several club owners, DJ's, and Managers, and Im questioning how the HELL you ever became a club owner with THAT attitude. You must be really insecure of the business you are running to have to log onto a website and rant and rave over a few opinions. Are you that scared of losing business? If you are one of the best clubs/lounges in Ft.Lauderdale....you would be on this site laughing at these fools and offering out FREE ADMISSION to those who are inquiring about YOUR club. Damn......do I need to come and RUN ur venue for you??? Seriously sweetheart.....your making your own self look bad.

The point really id.......We dont have to offer free admission to get in the club...it is packed!!!! But I actually offered you a bottle !!!

Originally posted by kozzy

Anyone heard about this lounge located in Ft. Lauderdale?.........Is it any good, crowd, dress code, music?........any info would help, thanks.

Out of all the clubs in Fort Lauerdale Voodoo is definately phat!!! The music, the vibe, the people too! The babes are hot too!!!

Originally posted by joeygk

VAUGHAN = CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY. THERE IS NO DISPUTING THAT.

After reading this board, I can see why the club owner Wendy is pissed. I go to all three clubs and sorry but Sutra looks like a garage sale..it is small and fukin dirty looking..a good time can be had though! The music sounds the same as voodoos music ...I cant tell the difference. Stereo is ghetto and hip hop now so that doesnt count for much.

Vaughn says weds at voodoo are dead and sutra is a clean hip hop crowd-I was at both and both were packed except Sutra was a little too dark and the crowd was very hostile this weds.

So yes I would be pissed at if I were the owner of voodoo if people were just downright giving the wrong information about the voodoo. i dont think its a class act....a class act would be to say it like it is in the first place and a class act wouldnt dis other clubs just to get you to come hear him play.

So you should all end it.....I drive from Miami to go out in Fort Lauderdale and it has been since the opening of Voodoo!

Originally posted by liquidboy

After reading this board, I can see why the club owner Wendy is pissed. I go to all three clubs and sorry but Sutra looks like a garage sale..it is small and fukin dirty looking..a good time can be had though! The music sounds the same as voodoos music ...I cant tell the difference. Stereo is ghetto and hip hop now so that doesnt count for much.

Vaughn says weds at voodoo are dead and sutra is a clean hip hop crowd-I was at both and both were packed except Sutra was a little too dark and the crowd was very hostile this weds.

So yes I would be pissed at if I were the owner of voodoo if people were just downright giving the wrong information about the voodoo. i dont think its a class act....a class act would be to say it like it is in the first place and a class act wouldnt dis other clubs just to get you to come hear him play.

So you should all end it.....I drive from Miami to go out in Fort Lauderdale and it has been since the opening of Voodoo!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: