Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armand Van Helden, what should I expect.

mikeydny

armand's style is more on the tribal tip. although I have not heard his last album. the dude has done remixes for sunscreem, sneaker pimps, new order, faithless,etc. last time I heard him spin was in nyc and it was insane. whatever he throws down should be interesting.

So mikey ready for another round at spaceeeeeee ??

Originally posted by mikeydny

Never heard him live, heard many different things.

Anyone sure what kind of set ill be in for?

great records, but he can't mix his way out of a paper bag.

But since the records he plays are so busy, everyone thinks he's mixing. I saw him play a rave in cali and on "koochy" where the scratches are he faked the scratches, but everyone thought he was really scratching and the place went mental.

expect an old washed up rave dj that can only get attention these days by talking shit about todays talent. some recent cliams to fame are being booed off the decks in ibiza for dropping gangsta rap songs in the middle of a house set, also remixing gary numan and inxs. this guy is a clown and he fucking sucks.

Damn guys that's pretty harsh.......

AVH earned my respect personally by Not-being an asshole the two times we've meet. And the first time I was not even known as a DJ/Producer......

I also respect him for doing what the FUCK he wants... as far a musical styles. I too enjoy doing Hip-Hop just as much as House... and for over 15 years I got SHIT from the masses saying you can't do that....

:mad: BULLSHIT....

This attitude of being versatile and not caring about the media gave him a bad reputation, for being a DICK / ASSHOLE.

He's a bit arrogant but I respect that as a multiple format DJ/Producer.

FYI: I don't defend or pass judgment on people unless I've meet them.....

As far as what to expect from his set????

A catch 22.... he may do the best set some of you may ever hear.... and for others it's the worst! It all depends on your personal expectations and how long you've been in the scene

To me anybody can mix the same fuckin' label all night (however I don't think I would drop Pharoe Monch @ Ibiza... unless I was spinnin' D&B)

Originally posted by soldado

okay so this not worth my time?

you should be your own judge.he has spun at Ibiza, Mykonos, etc. I could give a fawk whatever people think. I let my ears be the judge. not to mention I like a dj ,that has the balls to throw down; a bit of everything. but sometimes thats a little, to much for people to handle. the guy has been a dj for over 10 years; so I'm sure not everyone of his sets have been perfect. as if DT, Diggers, etc have never had a bad set. pleaseeeeeee !

Originally posted by sobeton

you should be your own judge. he has spun at Ibiza, Mykonos, etc. I could give a fawk whatever people think. I let my ears be the judge. not to mention I like a dj ,that has the balls to throw down; a bit of everything. but sometimes thats a little, to much for peolpe to handle. the guy has been a dj for over 10 years; so I'm sure not everyone of his sets have been perfect. as if DT, Diggers, etc have never had a bad set. pleaseeeeeee !

DITTO

DITTO