Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World Saturdayz SUCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking time to appeal to everynone who loves to party and who loves the music and parties in NYC with !

Last night I went to see Roger S at World and I had the worst ever time in my clubbing history! The promoters who ran that party proved to be true scumbags and uncaring to the club patranage and Rogers' fans.

We got there at 12:30am following the promise on the flyer and word from sub-promoters that Roger S is the only DJ who will spin that night... Not only these deceiving cocksuckers have lied about opening DJ (which is Ok to have, but I didnt have to go out my way to get there so early!),

they have cursed me out when I complained after being told numerous times that Roger was coming on at 1am, 1:30, and lastly at 2am.

My patience ran out at 2am, and after paying 30 each at the door for a party of 6, I demanded to get our money back upon leaving. It is then when not only they didnt want to accomodate my request but began to show complete disrespect and ignorance.

Just a word of warning, check before you go see you favorite artist who runs and promotes the place and where the party takes place, since you will be dissapointed if you're thrown into a tourist trap, lied to by the sleezy promoters about the event, and mistreated at the same time. Of all this time I've been going out (over the last 12yrs), I have never been treated in such way. And whats hard to comprehend is the fact that some of names in the list of the promoters are the people you have known and dealt with in the past!

Myself and my friends, being true fans of Roger S for a long time and guests of the club, were dumbfounded by such unprofessional and unpreferential treatment. Knowing the scene for a long time now, doesnt really surprise me that much, but this surpassed it all and as such the story must be told!!!

Ironically, the security and bouncers of the club were more accomodating and apprehensible than the promoters that ran the party!!! Sorry to say, but think twice when you go to World Saturdayz or any other party ran by Adam S., Steve Zoomba, Joey X and alike!

Regards,

one disgruntled partygoer!!!!!!

Well on behalf of Clubplanet & our staff we are in a catch 22 because last night I did see our Email comps (over 150 come in) and were honored. I don't know about outside but I heard there was drama out there. Please email me your comments and I will pass them on to the promotional staff.

The opening DJ was SCUMFROG one of Roger's artists on R*Senal I think he did a great job. Thank you to all the new people I met at the meet up. Too many names to even try to remember, I really don't wanna leave anyone out this time.

fter I said hello to the CP crew, Roger's managment ask for me to run his section. Sorry I didn't get to dance with you Mikey you saw me suffering doing the ropes!

Roger thank you for being amazing as always and as usual thanks for closing it out in the way only you know how.

thankfully i didn't head down there, heard that it was a mess.

my friend got there around 1130, only to wait in line for an hour and then walk into a nearly empty club. Heard that sanchez was off the hook, scumfrog was just scum... dunno about that jus what i heard. But yeah... world's got the potential if they upgrade their system and do something about their management and head promoters...

Originally posted by crxtacy

world's got the potential if they upgrade their system and do something about their management and head promoters...

...just like every other club...

Originally posted by djdee2k

My patience ran out at 2am, and after paying 30 each at the door for a party of 6, I demanded to get our money back upon leaving. It is then when not only they didnt want to accomodate my request but began to show complete disrespect and ignorance.

Now I'm not into the nightlife industry, but let me play devil's advocate. (If anyone notices an error in my argument, please correct me.)

In regards to not getting your money back, any business holds the right not to return your money. You essentially entered the club at your own risk and were willing to give up your money in order to participate in the events.

Just a word of warning, check before you go see you favorite artist who runs and promotes the place and where the party takes place, since you will be dissapointed if you're thrown into a tourist trap, lied to by the sleezy promoters about the event, and mistreated at the same time.

Unless it was contractually obligated to include Scumfrog as the opening DJ in the flyer, the promoters can withold that info because you eventually got what you paid for, and that was Roger spinning. This also justifies why you can't receive your money back (since they delivered what they promised).

And remember, The World Nightclub, owned by the WWF, is located in the heart of Times Square. How can you NOT see the tourist trap?

Of all this time I've been going out (over the last 12yrs), I have never been treated in such way. And whats hard to comprehend is the fact that some of names in the list of the promoters are the people you have known and dealt with in the past!

Now the mistreatment is a legit beef. Customer service is a matter of competence. I think that promoters forget that they are providing a service for people, and their customers-- in the party which they throw for them-- should be treated as if they are the most important people in the world.

If those promoters operate as a single entity, then you're able to file a formal complaint to the BBB of NYC. If you feel so strongly about the other customers in your exact shoes, then maybe you should take some legal action and file one. You may never know what might come about it.

Remember, my friend: EVERY expeirience is a learning expeirience. Learn from this and move on to, hopefully, more positive nights out in the future. Take care.

Highmay,

you have some valid arguments there and I am not disagreeing with you... To ask for money back is a simple as letting them know that your not satisfied with their service and that you were a victim of their decieving lies....

One could build a big enough case against an established entity as you point out... The problem is these sleezers are so small noone should even get their hands dirty in their dirty laundry...

The crowd is noticing, the DJs are aware... They're building bad name for themselves. That's all there is to it...

I have few good contacts which I will utilize to get to the Djs and their management to make sure they're aware of whom they're dealing with... this goes for Roger as well as upcoming gigs there.

As I said, World being a tourist trap is clear as mountain water. It was there to show love for the Dj I've been following for many years now... It was my first time and last time there...

And btw, I decribed what I felt of the World in last paragraph...

I have least worry for the World itself... they're getting ripped off as well - and its their problem to manage it....

take care.

i waited an hour outside..thats lame considering i actually got there early...the party is never pumping til 1... i felt ripped off since i had a VIP Card that every person in NYC has and the card probably worked for the first 10 people since the management was not allowing anyone in. they just wanted a long line for the image, thats just whack. to top it off they wouldnt honor the VIP Card even though i had the patience to wait, and i paid $25 and wasted my time. the music was not hard hitting and there is no place to lounge, which i felt like doing since the beats were long boring.

Originally posted by msoprano13

i have yet heard a positive remark about the world and any of their parties

Neither have I, but I tend to not completely bash on a party until I have at least checked it out personally.. this one.. I think.. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut about.. :D :D :D

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Well on behalf of Clubplanet & our staff we are in a catch 22 because last night I did see our Email comps (over 150 come in) and were honored. I don't know about outside but I heard there was drama out there. Please email me your comments and I will pass them on to the promotional staff.

cottoncandy,

below are my comments, which you can pass along to the CP promotional staff.

I truly thought that this party was brought by Morriseys' as in previous weeks with Danny T & Deep Dish/Tiesto/Oakenford, etc. - but I learned that it wasnt only when I got there and was confronted by them. Trying to build on success of previous promoters is OK, but you must treat your people right!!!!

I urge CP members and staff to reconsider getting involved with these unprofessional and deceiving group of individuals for the sole reasons of:

1. Mistreatment and complete ignorance shown to club patronage and performing artists' fans.

2. Inflating a line outside of empty club in cold weather and letting people inside the club 30 min before the free entry threshold expires.

3. False advertising and lying about the DJ lineup or opening DJ.

and a final comment, which is up to CP staff, of course, is to judge every party objectively and in unbiased manner based on customer's reviews and feedback. This should help to keep your clientel happy and loyal. As such, one cannot trully advertise World Saturdays as a "Hot Party This Week" as stated in the upper right corner of this page.

regards,

d.

Originally posted by crxtacy

i'd have to say that world makes exit look good...

if i had to choose between the two ... at least nero's spinning on a decent system at exit on saturday nights

sooooooooooooo true!!!!

S&D at Exit than World!!!! OH YEAHHHH!!!!!

I have worked at World since day one. All I can say is that these promoters are new working there and it was not like this at all last year! Now, I just work there so don't shoot me! I don't necessarily hang out there. I think it is sad that these promoters have this reputation. I have worked at almost every club in NYC over the years and don't really know these people. I have never seen so many UNHAPPY patrons and I think it is sad!