Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Padilla v. George Acosta

stogiey2k2

Acosta would start off throwing down some hardcore german trance mayhem and keep pounding padilla into submission but then padilla would counter with some epic anthem trance ala "Castles in the sky". If acosta doesn't intinctively put in (world in my eyes) by talla I think he might end up loosing this challenge.

Towards the end of the night when the glowstickers are battling it out for supremecy of the dance floor it could go either way. I guess it boils down to who will play "overdrive" by Scott Project first. It's been my experience that Acosta is quickest on the draw.

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Who do you think would win in a freakin hard trance spin off if these two went @ it?

I think Padilla would tear him apart personally....

But I also think Acosta would not accept the

challenge.....

:D :D

I agree that Acosta wouldn't accept, he'd be afraid that everyone would see that he doesn't come close to the abilities of Padilla when mixing trance. Padilla would definetly show him up.

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Who do you think would win in a freakin hard trance spin off if these two went @ it?

I think Padilla would tear him apart personally....

But I also think Acosta would not accept the

challenge.....

:D :D

I have to definitely agree with Stogie about Padilla Kicking Acosta ass. :blown:

BTW, I like Acosta. :grin:

But the truth is Padilla has the experience and the talent to surpass those who perpetrate being the best. :eek:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

what kind of question is that? mr. acosta of course would deliver the knock out blow...but like my dad always says after i tell him he has a drinking problem, "opinions are like assholes...everyones got one" :tongue:

:eek: :eek:

I beleive acosta would win...especially in a battle. I am a little biased because I happen toknow GA out of the club. However, I remember many of my nights spent going to Shadow followed by the 4:30 dose of The Mix with Padilla. I have always been a big time fan of both of these dj's and I know many feel Padilla has more talent but I think if you see George completely give it all he's got, he will blow Padilla out of the water. By the way, I like that Overdrive comment. Just my opinion . . .

I would give the edge to Padilla; based on past experience. as I recall Acosta was Padilla’s understudy at one time. Regardless a competition between these two; would certainly pack any club. :) Louis are you listening ?

"We Love Friday Trance Battles At Space " :idea:

David will rip Acosta in quad. David's selection of music by its self will kill Acosta!

I'm not saying Acosta sucks, but if I'm stuck on an island and had to choose between the (2) DeeJay's, as far as I know, Acosta went down with the ship and David would be spinning. :hat:

:NEXUS:GROOVE:

Aint that a bitch!

Originally posted by sobeton

I would give the edge to Padilla; based on past experience. as I recall Acosta was Padilla’s understudy at one time. Regardless a competition between these two; would certainly pack any club. :) Louis are you listening ?

"We Love Friday Trance Battles At Space " :idea:

i would pay good money for that idea at space.....:eek: :eek: :D

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i would pay good money for that idea at space

You know you are right! I would also pay good money to get in and see them try to rip each other apart.

Man, that should be out of hand!!! :eek::cool::blown:

PADILLA RULES!

Here is the bottom line on the Acosta vs Padilla battle...GA became hugely popular playing one type of music...this type of music was becoming huge in miami and when the Mix closed Acosta was given the spotlight and became the "trance king"....I used to love saturdays at Shadow because i was into the tunes...then i found out about the "superstar" that Acosta thinks he is and that he insists that none of the crowd see him or talk to him before and after he spins...then I became a DJ and began to see that as a DJ goes, Acosta plays the german anthems and thats it..the mixing is bland...no chances taken..and if youve heard one Acosta set, youve heard it all....as a DJ Padilla BLOWS him away...DP was the one that brought trance to LEVEL....you watch DP in the booth and he doesnt go by a set list...he pulls records, mixes them perfectly, plays about 3-4 min of the highest energy part and then bam! another record...Padilla is both a trance and a house DJ...Acosta is one dimensional....

So, Acosta is riding a huge wave of popularity right now that is a fact...he would never accept a challange from Padilla, his ego is way too big.....he used to come over to the Mix and play with DP a couple of years ago..however that was when he was "taking notes"....

people should start to email Luis@space about making a battle event Padilla Vs' Acosta! @ space....... naw.. you you what FU*k THAT....... SPACE BRINGS THE 3 fat boys of SoBe to battle! Edgar V, David, and Acosta ... haha.. I would pay for that show...

The name of the event.... 3 PHAT BOYS of SoBe!

Each one spins in a different room till about 2 am, then they all meet in the blue room for the battle. Let the people decide who is who. I be Luis would love that, well I don't know if they'll let Edgar in. But its a bad ass idea.

what do you think?

email Luis this Idea <-------> luis@clubspace.com , lol

Peace...

:afro:

::NEXUS::GROOVE::

the music these 2 choose to spin is nothing short of appalling. when i hear these 2 cheesey idiots spin i cant tell whats on the decks, vinyl or pizza ? a spin-off between them would be a true nightmare. i think a more fitting contest would be an eating contest ala' the glutton bowl. the fact that acosta has become a player on the US scene shows how sad and how far america has yet to go.

Originally posted by djduchovony

the music these 2 choose to spin is nothing short of appalling. when i hear these 2 cheesey idiots spin i cant tell whats on the decks, vinyl or pizza ? a spin-off between them would be a true nightmare. i think a more fitting contest would be an eating contest ala' the glutton bowl. the fact that acosta has become a player on the US scene shows how sad and how far america has yet to go.

HMMMM....WHAT WOULD THESE TWO BE EATING? IF ITS MAYO OR STICKS OF BUTTER, I THINK PADILLA WOULD WIN...AND THE US SCENE IS NOT SAD, ALOT OF GREAT DJS AND MUSIC BEING PUT OUT BY GOOD LABELS (AKA SUBLIMINAL RECORDS)...TRANCE IS DYING OUT, BUT IT SOUND WILL BE EVOLVING INTO SOMETHING ELSE....AND THESE TWO WILL HELP PUSH THAT STYLE HERE IN MIAMI...:gas: <- - - PADILLA AND ACOSTA AFTER THE GLUTTON BOWL