Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sound of 2002-2003 ?

loraine

It seems to me that house has definately been dominating the scene as of late and most def. since last year even... I was just discussing w/ a friend about techno and how he think's it'll be the next popular thing, as he said "Everything is going to go more housier, or Techno will take over"...any thoughts on this, anyone?

(Sure there's always gonna be people who already like a particular genre, but then there's always something that makes it real popular, ya know as was the case w/ trance and now progressive.)

I see a movement towards a tech, trance, and house kind of sound. I think you will see the emergence of dj’s, that incorporate that style ala Danny Howells, Sander Kleinenberg, Dave Seaman, etc. although people have said trance is dead; it’s still very much alive. it wouldn’t surprise me to see Mauro Picotto, Macro V, Ferry Corsten, etc. start to move to the, forefront in the states. finally, I predict Satoshi Tomiie is going, to break big this year, and take house music to a interesting new level. that’s my two pennies..

I think it depends on the scene you follow. I certainly would not say house is dominating... especially that tired, slit your wrist sound from last year. But I do think the tech/trance and even uplifiting trance is coming back around... Picotto...enough said..... What happened to the dark shit everybody was so bonkers over???? :rolleyes:

The new new wave. Anyone catch a listen of Felix Da Housecat's new album? track #4 "Madame Hollywood" with Miss Kittin on the vocals, I am loving this album. Something tells me we are in for this techno/electro pop fusion renaissance.

I see Stryke-like techno having a good upswing. Personally, I want to see more uplifting music out there. I'm kinda sick of the whole 'pots n pans' sound that a lot of DJs toss down lately.

I also see a good possibility of funky/groovy/sometimes discoy house becoming more the thing...DHMesque, BED on a Saturday night-like sound.

Trance will be the music for the masses, i really don't see progressive going mainstream (93.1 mainstream, not clubland mainstream, which it already is...) at all.

Breaks and drum n bass may become club-acceptable, but not main-room hip. The sound really doesn't fit a huge room like Space or crobar in my opinion...