Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lessons learned at Calle Ocho

shroomy

OK despite being warned, I decided to check out Calle Ocho on Sunday. At least I did take everyone’s advice and went early and left early before it got to crazy. For everyone who didn’t go, here is my after action report so you can learn from my experiences.

1) There is a law somewhere that says all Latinas below 40 must wear a belly shirt that shows their navel. This is non-negotiable and regardless of weight, or even if your stomach has never seen the light of day and is as white as the underbelly of Moby Dick

2) Low rider blue jeans are not quite as sexy when you can’t see the waistband because a roll of flesh is covering it.

3) If you’re Cuban, you’re never too old to ogle teenage girls.

4) People will wait in line for 3 hours for the chance to win a $2 T-shirt that obviously will not make it through one wash.

5) Even 80 year old women are happy when they get a free condom.

6) Latin music is much more interesting when they only put up stages in groups of two and place them 20 yards from each other with the speakers pointing right at each other. Dueling Salsa!

7) Why buy sunscreen when you can spend that money on beer.

8) How come there are a bunch of hot skinny latinas under 20 but none at 30? What the hell happens?

9) Oh yeah… I guess it is the food that happens, great stuff. But I never knew you could deep fry lard in pork fat and make it taste so good.

Originally posted by shroomy

18) How come there are a bunch of hot skinny latinas under 20 but none at 30? What the hell happens?

I can agree with all the other stuff you mentioned. But this is the one that got to me. What do you mean no skinney latinas at 30??? :eek:

I am no stick but I don't find myself being fat/lard asses like the most of them. Give us 30 yrs old a break. :D

Besides that I found everything else you said to be very true. This was a reminder of why I stay away from most latin events. :eek::blank:

I hear you Charlie.

I went to Opium Garden on Friday and by request of 2 chicks of my group we left there to go to Bongos. Definitely not my favorite place though I was able to spot several 30 year old latinas with a body to kill, so Naomi is right .

;)

Originally posted by laliux

I hear you Charlie.

I went to Opium Garden on Friday and by request of 2 chicks of my group we left there to go to Bongos. Definitely not my favorite place though I was able to spot several 30 year old latinas with a body to kill, so Naomi is right .

;)

Thanks Laliux for the back up! Now, I feel those hours I spend at the gym have been worth it. ;)

I knew that comment would raise some ire. :)

Of course there are some hot latinas in their 30's and even 40's

I just guess they all skipped Calle Ocho and the deep fried "pig on a stick"

BTW the best body I have ever seen was a 40yr old brazilian with 2 kids. She could get Boy George to go straight.

At least you got to try the Latin food and now you see what I meant about the crowd. I'm glad to see you went to check it out for yourself and didn't go by anybodies judgement. That shows you have character.

On another note did anybody know that Power 96 was not there this year due to a conflict about their DJ's and what they wanted to play. It seems that the Calle Ocho administration wanted to tell Power Dj's what they could and could not play. Power wasn't about to have someone tell them that, so they said "Laters!" to Calle Ocho.

Fuckin True, shroomster hit the nail on the head.... Although I always say, if you wanna know what girl will look like when shes older, look at her momma. Most latinas that have the kickin bod after 30 are workin hard to keep it that way. :eek: